Rank Drought Kickers

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's what I'm talking about! Hang on I'll make another thread.

I was trying to meet up with Country Cletus in Nashville a couple years ago. He said he’d be the only guy in a Sanborn jersey. That was probably true, but amongst the many thousands of Bills fans there, it was an impossible task. We still had a great time with Bills fans from all over. 

BTW - @Kirby Jackson wants me to let you know that if you’re looking for a condo in Nashville, I’m your guy!  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What about drought Long Snappers? 

A big chunk was Garrison Sandbourne, who sucked. Samdborn's infection spread throughout the organization like a Russ Brandon vd. He was a team cancer and as soon as he left, we made the playoffs. Go figure.

I worked on-field security for a few games (the guys in the yellow coats) about 10 years ago.

During the pregame of the 2007 sunday night roasting against the Pats (56-10), Rian Lindell came up to me and we chatted for a little bit.

He seemed optimistic. Super nice guy.

Not sure if relevant, just wanted to tell the story :)

• Like (+1) 1

Since Lindell is the most accurate kicker in Bills history, combined with being our kicker for the longest period during the drought, I'd put him at #1 easily.

He also had quite a few clutch kicks, and was one of the few underrated bright spots on the team. Unfortunately, he didn't get as much credit as he deserved since we weren't in many close games that really mattered. 

Even though he was the source of most of our points, those didn't equate to wins, and people outside of Buffalo aren't going to take notice of that.

If Hauschka stayed around for another few years and won us some meaningful games, I could see him moving up the ranks too though. And as much as people remember the crappy end of Carpenter's career here, he was pretty damn good for quite a while. Easily #2 for me right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Haush has to be number 1, Carpenter would be number 2 in my opinion. Carpenter was money for 2 straight seasons in 2013 to 2014. In 2015 he was still pretty dam good on regular field goals but he just missed way too many PAT's. In 2016 he fell apart. But 2 great seasons and 1 OK season is hardly a bad run for a kicker. Lindell had some good seasons, but he never was capable of hitting longer field goals, I think that not having a kicker that could have a shot at hitting 50+ yard field goals really hurt the team. 

On 6/1/2018 at 10:07 PM, Captain_Quint said:

A big chunk was Garrison Sandbourne, who sucked. Samdborn's infection spread throughout the organization like a Russ Brandon vd. He was a team cancer and as soon as he left, we made the playoffs. Go figure.

Jon Dorenbos gets my nod.  We never should have released that guy.

Hauschka is not a drought kicker. He never experienced missing the playoffs in Buffalo.

I fear I started this drought nonsense with my "All-Drought Team" thread a few weeks ago.

Sorry guys...

Edited by MJS