Johnny Manziel Hospitalized

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/johnny-manziel-hospitalized-texas-reaction-prescription-medication/1rr2uq1gxni9j1k96c5t7p5e4f

Johnny Manziel hospitalized after reaction to prescription medication, according to report

Shocker

Don't you mean a prescription drug was hospitalized after a reaction to Johnny Manziel?

What, too soon?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Say you're my property, WEO.   SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen, brother.

You dirty whore!   Drink this bourbon.  Drink!  Drink! Drink!

And your thighs are chubby.

And you need botox.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

The timing, to me, is a tad peculiar.  Being at a concert when the "bad reaction" happens isn't a great sign.

The above Sir, is extremely hard to argue with.

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

So the kid is diagnosed bi-polar, which itself is a sentence I would wish on nobody, and you have zero sympathy. Let me guess you are a christian

by the way Lithium is some very serious medication

I don't think that an attack on Christianity was called for.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I don't.  This kid needs help and his football career is officially over.

Exactly. His life is much more valuable than his ability or in this case his inability to play foot ball. John..  get help!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Non story. Stop trying to cause drama. 

You see, that is the issue.  Because of the road he paved himself, this isn't a "non-story" by any means.  Any PR team is going to immediately come up with an "explanation" of what happened.  Does NOT mean its true or false.  But he has completely obliterated the "benefit of the doubt" factor through his own actions.  So this very much is an issue for him because its not what they say it was, its what others perceive it to be.  He isn't even on a short leash, he has no leash.  Teams aren't going to take a chance unless they get medical records and documentation that 100% collaborate his story.  

He put himself in a "Guilty until proven innocent" situation...so this is either something stupid he did or really bad luck on the timing and circumstances of it occurring near a concert.  Either way, its absolutely an issue for him and may have really taken any shot at an NFL camp this year off the table.  I peronsally don't think he really had much of a shot at getting in an NFL camp anyway and was always more likely going to have to show some sizzle in the CFL before someone opens that door again.  But I think this all but cements it.  

Not to mention, even it the team is convinced it was a legit medical issue, public perception still be split and teams aren't going to want that distraction.  So even if its really tied to his bi-polar medication, he is probably going to need some time where he isn't in the news for any type of legal or illegal drugs because perception matters.

Good luck in the CFL Johnny and maybe stop going to parties and concerts during your redemption tour and just be a home body dedicated to your craft for the first time in your life.  I mean its only your entire career on the line right?

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This is incredibly sad. I’m not sure what hurts me more....the fact that this young person is still struggling with his issues and demons, or the heartless and clueless reaction of the some of the people here. 

I will pray for JM, and also for all the people who don’t get it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

This is incredibly sad. I’m not sure what hurts me more....the fact that this young person is still struggling with his issues and demons, or the heartless and clueless reaction of the some of the people here. 

I will pray for JM, and also for all the people who don’t get it. 

People react to situations completely differently depending on the type of person you are

thats why the funeral gigggles can Be a real thing 

I certainly do pray that JM finds peace in life because he had so much talent and it’s a shame

Full disclosure side note here: I arrived in Hilton Head Island, SC today for my son’s funeral on Saturday. He was born here and died of an overdose in January. He unknowingly snorted something laced with fentanyl. He had been clean almost three years (confirmed by court ordered testing for child custody), but relapsed and got unlucky. 

If you want to judge, you can PM me about what happened to him as a young boy that caused the overwhelming anxiety he struggled to overcome. It's easy to judge. It’s also stupid.  Leave that to God, you’re not up to it.....

Edited by Augie
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Full disclosure side note here: I arrived in Hilton Head Island, SC today for my son’s funeral on Saturday. He died of an overdose in January. He unknowingly snorted something laced with fentanyl. He had been clean almost three years (confirmed by court ordered testing for child custody), but relapsed and got unlucky. 

If you want to judge, you can PM me about what happened to him as a young boy that caused the overwhelming anxiety he struggled to overcome. It's easy to judge. It’s also stupid.  Leave that to God, you’re not up to it.....

Im so sorry for your loss Augie...

prayers ?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im so sorry for your loss Augie...

prayers ?

Yeah, it may give me a short fuse for any ignorant pissants who think they know anything about those “spoiled kids who deserve what they got in life”.  We know SQUAT about their inner turmoil, so if you want to judge, it just exposes you as the fool. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, it may give me a short fuse for any ignorant pissants who think they know anything about those “spoiled kids who deserve what they got in life”.  We know SQUAT about their inner turmoil, so if you want to judge, it just exposes you as the fool. 

Preach brother 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Full disclosure side note here: I arrived in Hilton Head Island, SC today for my son’s funeral on Saturday. He was born here and died of an overdose in January. He unknowingly snorted something laced with fentanyl. He had been clean almost three years (confirmed by court ordered testing for child custody), but relapsed and got unlucky. 

I'm sorry

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Manziel claims he had a bad reaction from too large a dose of lithium, which he takes to treat his bipolar condition.  So don't rush to conclusions

Yep, one way or the other....

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sorry

Thanks, it’s just a sore topic with me and the folks who think they know much more than they do. It’s already been hashed over here, so I’m not trying to drag it out, but I will call out ignorance when it needs to happen. 

14 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Hey, look, I feel bad for Johnny Manziel and his struggles and wow, I also feel bad that Colin Kaepernick was punished for doing what he thought was right. Can you believe it?  I exist, right here!

Kaepernick is a SJW leftist extremist snowflake who got what he deserves.  If you can't just play football, listen to your coaches, don't embarrass your fan base/city, get the hell out of the NFL.  Besides, he wasn't a very good QB anyways.

7 hours ago, Augie said:

Condolences.   Sorry to hear that.  

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I am just so sorry to hear this, and I pray for God to comfort you and your loved one during this crucible of despair.

9 hours ago, Augie said:

God bless as always, Augie.

12 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The above Sir, is extremely hard to argue with.

I don't think that an attack on Christianity was called for.

probably not but I have issues with it and get salty about it...

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Sympathies to you and your family.  This scourge of deaths from pain killer abuse has to be stopped.

As for Manziel, my sympathies for young man.  I hate to see any young person throw away their talent.  In this case, maybe throw away is incorrect because clearly he has a biologic basis for all his issues.  Hope he gets the help he needs.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes but on previous stories when there were facts he dodged and denied them so in this case it is appropriate.

NO that is not true.. It was widely reported he had bi-polar issues, and the fact he dodged those issues, as you say,  is all part of having the issue to begin with. Especially if you can't grasp what is happening inside of yourself. Now that he knows whats going on inside he is better able to deal with them form all angles.

Gossip is gossip and there is no place for that IMO

2 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Kaepernick is a SJW leftist extremist snowflake who got what he deserves.  If you can't just play football, listen to your coaches, don't embarrass your fan base/city, get the hell out of the NFL.  Besides, he wasn't a very good QB anyways.

Football players shouldn't have the same rights as any other citizens, I guess.

Manziel has no more "career" other than being a reality show star or a topic of a future 30-for-30 episode. His football life has sailed. His football skills have likely eroded after all this time. No NFL team, or CFL team for that matter, would touch him now. 

(So let's do away with the "let's bring him in for the vet minimum" nonsense.)

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Manziel has no more "career" other than being a reality show star or a topic of a future 30-for-30 episode. His football life has sailed. His football skills have likely eroded after all this time. No NFL team, or CFL team for that matter, would touch him now. 

(So let's do away with the "let's bring him in for the vet minimum" nonsense.)

Or that show on History Channel or some such - Worlds Dumbest where people like Tanya, Leif Garrett and Danny Bonaduce give commentary to the dumb dumbs on video. 

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I have a right to play in the NFL? Awesome! 

When do I get my first paycheck?

4 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

Playing in the NFL is not a right.

Protesting is

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I have a right to play in the NFL? Awesome! 

When do I get my first paycheck?

If the owners made it a contractual issue that they have to stand, then they would have to.  The owners didn't.

I would prefer they stand but a few guys kneeling does not bother me, nor does it bother a number of folks I know that wore the uniform.  What does bother me is people thinking athletes should just be happy for what they have and shut up.  They have the same right as any other citizen to speak up when they think something is wrong.

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Protesting is

If the owners made it a contractual issue that they have to stand, then they would have to.  The owners didn't.

I would prefer they stand but a few guys kneeling does not bother me, nor does it bother a number of folks I know that wore the uniform.  What does bother me is people thinking athletes should just be happy for what they have and shut up.  They have the same right as any other citizen to speak up when they think something is wrong.

How has anyone infringed on his right to protest?   Has he been imprisoned?

Any other citizen doesn't have the right to expect their employer to faciliiate their acts of protest, at the employer's place of business, while the employee is on the clock.

His protests don't bother me either, but people who don't understand what he "rights" are (or should be) certainly do.

12 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

held to higher standard ?

whose though ?

rhetorical Q

43 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

tell me more 

32 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Does ford have the right to put big FU on the trunk of everyone’s car? 

of course they do

as long as they are not actually owned buy a Russian Oligarch.

and then ? 

maybe.

12 hours ago, ddaryl said:

probably not but I have issues with it and get salty about it...

Christians by definition are tasked to be sympathetic, selfless and loving. No one is perfect and hypocrisy certainly exists. 

I wish Johnny well and my condolences to anyone who's been forced to deal with the ravages of drug abuse or overdose.