RUMOR: (no source) Dez Bryant to visit Bills on Monday 5/7

12 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

More details emerging: expect the deal to be mostly guaranteed money at around $6-7 million per year. 

Pretty sure your original post said a 1 year deal, now it’s $6-7 million per year?  I’m not holding my breath on this one.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

More details emerging: expect the deal to be mostly guaranteed money at around $6-7 million per year. 

You are going all in on this. 

The 6-7 million seems a bit high given his cold market. There would be no reason to offer a fully guaranteed deal either.

15 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

I can't explain why, but I believe you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Another look at me thread, soon to be debunked after tomorrow comes and goes....

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly that’s why it wouldn’t surprise me.The bar is closing and the Bills and Dez are the only ones left. Miss America ain’t walking thru that door for either side. 

I respect your contributions to the board, but I thought Brandon Beane already ruled us out from signing Dez

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Exactly that’s why it wouldn’t surprise me.The bar is closing and the Bills and Dez are the only ones left. Miss America ain’t walking thru that door for either side. 

For the Bills from right here, the list of candidates to sign can only get better.

For Dez, he faces only more and more competition to get signed. I'm not a GM but it strikes me that no front office is going to be in ANY hurry to sign Dez Bryant for at least a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

Another look at me thread, soon to be debunked after tomorrow comes and goes....

I respect your contributions to the board, but I thought Brandon Beane already ruled us out from signing Dez

I could be mistaken, but the quotes that I have read from Beane did not rule Dez it out it was the author of the article or tweet that interpreted as so.   

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

So your orginial lie didn't travel/get the attention you hoped, so you had to add to it to get the thread going again

Edited by Ittakestime
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I could be mistaken, but the quotes that I have read from Beane did not rule Dez it out it was the author of the article or tweet that interpreted as so.   

You’re correct. Beane said that if they want to sign him, they’ll need to bring him in for a visit first and a writer interpreted that as him saying “we haven’t brought him in for a visit, which means we aren’t interested”

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I wasn’t. And yes you are right. And then we all come together to places just like this one and discuss our opinions. Do you see how this works now?

Right, but you can't think of 5 teams with worse QB situations? :rolleyes:

Butthurt we didn't take Rosen, get over it and quit being a dramatic princess.

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Right, but you can't think of 5 teams with worse QB situations? :rolleyes:

Butthurt we didn't take Rosen, get over it and quit being a dramatic princess.

Jesus Christ. Are you wrong about everything in your life?

1 hour ago, billspro said:

You are going all in on this. 

The 6-7 million seems a bit high given his cold market. There would be no reason to offer a fully guaranteed deal either.

Bills will need to overpay if they want him. That’s just the reality. 

11 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Oh, now you know everything about me based off of my posts on a football message board. :lol:

Hope to God you are joking with all these shitposts.

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that you’re retarded. I feel kinda guilty now

2 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that you’re retarded. I feel kinda guilty now

Guilty for what? You were joking right? A man should say what he means and that's some real ****. If you were joking, you should have said something 4 pages ago. If you really do stand by what you've said, you're a coward imo.

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Dez must be getting desperate.  I imagine Buffalo has got to be near the bottom of his "Places I'd Like To Play" list...

If the Bills had a pretty decent QB situation I wouldn't be shocked to see Dez consider playing here. But with AJ and Allen as the QB's and a less than high-end market I just can't see Dez coming here. I think the Bills would really help their WR situation if they got Dez on a 1 year deal. Dez at this stage of his career isn't setting the world on fire but he can be a competent number 2. The WR core with Kelvin-Dez-Zay isn't bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Guilty for what? You were joking right? A man should say what he means and that's some real ****. If you were joking, you should have said something 4 pages ago. If you really do stand by what you've said, you're a coward imo.

I’m 100% not joking. I feel guilty because you’re retarded and you’re not smart enough to have adult conversations 

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If the Bills had a pretty decent QB situation I wouldn't be shocked to see Dez consider playing here. But with AJ and Allen as the QB's and a less than high-end market I just can't see Dez coming here. I think the Bills would really help their WR situation if they got Dez on a 1 year deal. Dez at this stage of his career isn't setting the world on fire but he can be a competent number 2. The WR core with Kelvin-Dez-Zay isn't bad. 

so many are assuming Zay is going to become an NFL WR this coming season and play the slot position. There is little data to back that up. and that does affect whether Bills pursue a viable proven WR in free agency imo

Just now, dma0034 said:

Anyone have any high level business meetings tomorrow morning to confirm?

I doubt Dez earns that much buzz at OBD.

lol

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m 100% not joking. I feel guilty because you’re retarded and you’re not smart enough to have adult conversations 

Haha, okay buddy. Bills have the very worst QB situation in the NFL, nevermind we just spent the 7th pick on arguably the 1st-2nd best prospect in a QB rich draft. You're essentially saying Beane will be gone in 2-3 years which is a dickwad stance to take. 

Keep it up with the childish insults, you told me to name 5, I gave you 8 and that number will grow. Peace douchebag.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

so many are assuming Zay is going to become an NFL WR this coming season and play the slot position. There is little data to back that up. and that does affect whether Bills pursue a viable proven WR in free agency imo

I felt like a lot of Zay's mistakes last season were mental. I think he can get over them and be a productive slot player but even if you feel like Zay Jones is going to have a rebound year the Bills WR core is still a mess and could certainly use an upgrade. Dez I think would represent an upgrade talent wise. But he could be a problem child and cost way too much. I Don't see it happening with Dez not because they are uber confident in Zay but mainly because I think the cost vs risk isn't worth it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Haha, okay buddy. Bills have the very worst QB situation in the NFL, nevermind we just spent the 7th pick on arguably the 1st-2nd best prospect in a QB rich draft. You're essentially saying Beane will be gone in 2-3 years which is a dickwad stance to take. 

Keep it up with the childish insults, you told me to name 5, I gave you 8 and that number will grow. Peace douchebag.

You have the IQ of a door knob. Yeah you gave me 8 teams. All those teams have a better QB situation than us. But you wear Velcro shoes because  you’re not smart enough to form a basic knot. I’ve never in my life used the ignore function on any message board I’ve ever been a member of. But your such a dumb piece of **** that I have no choice. Later pigdick ✌?

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

You have the IQ of a door knob. Yeah you gave me 8 teams. All those teams have a better QB situation than us. But you wear Velcro shoes but your not smart enough to form a basic knot. I’ve never in my life used the ignore function on any message board I’ve ever been a member of. But your such a dumb piece of **** that I have no choice. Later pigdick ✌?

Later Seanbillsfan2206. I literally cannot breathe, the **** molecules are clinging to the air from all your shitposts.

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

You have the IQ of a door knob. Yeah you gave me 8 teams. All those teams have a better QB situation than us. But you wear Velcro shoes because  you’re not smart enough to form a basic knot. I’ve never in my life used the ignore function on any message board I’ve ever been a member of. But your such a dumb piece of **** that I have no choice. Later pigdick ✌?

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

Later Seanbillsfan2206. I literally cannot breathe, the **** molecules are clinging to the air from all your shitposts.

So, where do you guys stand on the whole Dez thing?

?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I felt like a lot of Zay's mistakes last season were mental. I think he can get over them and be a productive slot player but even if you feel like Zay Jones is going to have a rebound year the Bills WR core is still a mess and could certainly use an upgrade. Dez I think would represent an upgrade talent wise. But he could be a problem child and cost way too much. I Don't see it happening with Dez not because they are uber confident in Zay but mainly because I think the cost vs risk isn't worth it. 

Could be true. Fair opinion 89.
I have to think Bills feel the same about Zay, I do not though. For all those great stats in college , he seems a risk again this year.
Kerley can play slot just fine. I think they will wait on Zay to come around cuz he's cheap and has talent. but his brain seems questionable lol

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Could be true. Fair opinion 89.
I have to think Bills feel the same about Zay, I do not though. For all those great stats in college , he seems a risk again this year.
Kerley can play slot just fine. I think they will wait on Zay to come around cuz he's cheap and has talent. but his brain seems questionable lol

What is odd is that Zay was considered to be a high character guy coming out of college. Maybe he used drugs to cope with having a lot of pressure on him this past season. I hope that he has a nice bounce-back year, mental issues are something a young player can work through. Once again I would like to see them try and get another proven veteran to compete for a top spot but outside of Dez the market is very slim and I don't see Dez coming here at a price that would make sense. 

Edited by billsfan89