Harrison Phillips on John Murphy show WGR550

Wow i love these 3 hours everyday. Just had Harrison Phillips on and all I can say is wow! We picked an absolute winner!

I can't, (don't know how) to post a link. great, great show. I live to sponge up everything Bills!

Every guest today....crushing it!

50 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Wow i love these 3 hours everyday. Just had Harrison Phillips on and all I can say is wow! We picked an absolute winner!

I can't, (don't know how) to post a link. great, great show. I live to sponge up everything Bills!

It's no longer called that with it now named One Bills Live.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Keep hearing positive things about this Phillips kid. I think he landed in the best possible situation he could've. He's going to have the chance to learn and pick up work habits from Kyle, who was most often Phillips' NFL comparison. 

Did anyone else hear how he sent a letter to Beane a short while after his pre-draft visit to OBD? Evidently, he stated he was ready to bring his lunch pail and get to work. Seems very excited to be on this team. Has a chance to produce right away as part of the DL rotation. At Stanford he was playing something like 90% of the snaps which is why some scouting reports questioned his motor. He's actually said there were certain plays and situations where he had to decide to conserve energy. Does it look good for him on film if he's chasing down a ball carrier but isn't really in position to make the tackle? Sure. That shows top-notch effort. But on the flipside, he knows he can't do something like that on every single play as he'll have nothing but fumes in the tank by the time the 4th quarter rolls around.

So far tho, love his attitude, he presents himself very well, obviously a bright kid. Some scouts questioned his best positional fit, saying he can only do so much if he plays 0 or 1-tech. I think McDermott probably just views that as positional versatility, which he loves, so he'll figure out where to play this kid. Top that off with the fact that Phillips is a former wrestler and this dude was destined to be a Bill. Here's hoping he's Kyle part two.

Edited by blacklabel

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's no longer called that with it now named One Bills Live.

thank you, my bad.....beyatch

3 minutes ago, Idandria said:

I enjoy listening.. lots to talk about with the draft. I can’t stand Schopp and Bulldog, and hockey? I change the station.

me too, that's why at 3, i change to 950am...danger and battaglia.....much better. i don't listen to anything between 10 and noon...on either.

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

The show is awful most of the time, but they do get great guests for the show. I will give them that compliment.

Get great guests?  Compliment?

The show is run by employees of the team.  It is an extension of the Bills PR department.

Of course they get great Bills guests!  It's all one family of people.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

Yup...new favorite player!

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

Did you catch the part where he got the coaches to get him the phone numbers of all the draft picks so he could reach out to them?

Kid has all the moves off the field. 

Love the casual way he talks about "of course they can see on my film I love violence"

You can 100% tell why Stanford ran not walked to sign this kid up and why he deserved it

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Here's the Harrison Phillips one:

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/05-01-newest-bills-dt-harrison-phillips-one-bills-live

Love the thing he says about his linebackers jerseys. Terrific.

I loved that too.  "How do you tell when you're playing well, doing a good job?" "I look at my linebackers jerseys"  Love it.

• Like (+1) 2

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Harrison Phillips on John Murphy show WGR550
1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

That show was pretty awful before with just Murph then Donald Jones.. No it’s downright unbearable listening to Tasker fumble his words and sound completely lost.  

He does fumble words.  Today he called Buffalo “a mid western city.”  LOL

Still I prefer Tasker to Donald any day

I've been a big fan of John Murphy for a while now.

Apart from this site, his show is really my only source of Bills news.

The worst part of his show is definitely the local callers.  They seem to just phone in, without actually listening to the show.  This results in most callers just repeating themselves over and over.  I've said it before, but Murph must have the patience of a saint.  I would've blown my top many times with those mouth-breathers.

33 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He does fumble words.  Today he called Buffalo “a mid western city.”  LOL

Still I prefer Tasker to Donald any day

It is a mid-western city. The traditional area used to be west of the Appalachians, north of the Ohio River, east of the Mississippi. Culturally, Buffalo has far more in common with Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois that it does with the east coast or the northeast.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, yungmack said:

It is a mid-western city. The traditional area used to be west of the Appalachians, north of the Ohio River, east of the Mississippi. Culturally, Buffalo has far more in common with Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois that it does with the east coast or the northeast.

Yes. When I moved to DC area people kept thinking I was from midwest due to accent.

I explained to them most of New York State is in midwest - the area which was not originally part of New York but was claimed later by NYS.  The North has more in common with New England than the Connecticut, NYC area, Northern NJ. 

Seems like a very smart guy...

I think he is a great fit for McDermott with his maturity, team first attitude and work ethic...

The Bills had this guy much higher than bottom of the 3rd in my view, and he was someone I was keeping tabs on during the last month or so pre draft....

I've got an inkling that they might have used one of their second rounders or 65 on him if they kept them...

They must have been sweating on each selection after it got past 80... I know I was..