Gil Brant on Sirius yesterday - awful

I just want to mix it up a little and rant/complain about the media.  

I was listening to the draft yesterday on Sirius XM.  Channel 88 had Will Hernandez on there right after he was picked by NY.  Gil Brant said "You will like new York, they have a lot of Mexican restaurants there."

Could he have just came out and said "hey, buddy, do you like tacos?  Cause your name is Hernandez, right?"  What a waste of a microphone that guy is.  Why does he still have a job?  

I know it's convenient to pile on old white dudes as being racist- it's like calling water wet - but CMON, MAN!  

I cannot STAND that guy.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

I was listening to the draft yesterday on Sirius XM.  Channel 88 had Will Hernandez on there right after he was picked by NY.  Gil Brant said "You will like new York, they have a lot of Mexican restaurants there."

Could he have just came out and said "hey, buddy, do you like tacos?  Cause your name is Hernandez, right?"  What a waste of a microphone that guy is.  Why does he still have a job?  

I know it's convenient to pile on old white dudes as being racist- it's like calling water wet - but CMON, MAN!  

I cannot STAND that guy.

Gil should have been gently "retired" by SiriusXM years ago.  He is just not easy to listen to any longer.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

....sounds like Tom Brookshire deja vu............

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

Have you considered you may just be better to let things roll off your back a little more?  Microaggressions, trigger warnings, all of that is just too much.  Gil Brandt is Gil Brandt. If you don't want to hear him change the channel.  

Edited by Boyst62
  • Like (+1) 6

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Have you considered you may just been to let things roll off your back a little more?  Microaggressions, trigger warnings, all of that is just too much.  Gil Brandt is Gil Brandt. If you don't want to hear him change the channel.  

No.  I want all old white men to be fired.  

Have you considered how you trigger people with your posts?

Have some courtesy. 

:D

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

Gil Brandt has more knowledge in his Pinky Nail

then you will have in your entire Lifetime. More snow ❄️ flake drama. Give me a freaking brake. Just turn off your radio and go find your safe space. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

Actually, no.  Shocking I am sure, but I never have.

Good thing I'm a 50 something yr old Vietnamese veteran woman.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Gil Brandt has more knowledge in his Pink Nail

then you have in your entire Lifetime. More snow ❄️ flake drama. Give me a freaking brake. Just turn off your radio and go find your safe space. 

All I know is that he has knowledge of NY restaurants.  And racism.  

And I cannot give you a brake.  Break maybe but no brakes for you.  

13 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

3 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

No.  I want all old white men to be fired.  

Have some courtesy. 

:D

wow. hot takes of epic proportions.

i've said it before but it bears repeating with this mess. two lefts does not a right turn make.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Have you considered you may just be better to let things roll off your back a little more?  Microaggressions, trigger warnings, all of that is just too much.  Gil Brandt is Gil Brandt. If you don't want to hear him change the channel.  

Seriously. You would think that Gil has a six decade history of racially insensitive behaviors.

Gil knows more about football then almost anyone in NFL History. So your just making a fool of your self. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

In related news I'm Italian and I've been asked if I liked pizza and spaghetti before.

I proceeded to shout at the people asking me that that they're racist scumbags! My head also exploded! I was so furious I couldn't take it!

Stereotyping happens to white people too. It's funny how nobody cries when it happens to them though.  

14 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

While Gil Brant's comment was totally inappropriate and racist, so was your comment that all old white men are racist.  

"I know it's convenient to pile on old white dudes as being racist- it's like calling water wet"  

BTW, the Giants are winning the draft, IMO.  got the best RB, best OG, a great DL, and now just got their "next" QB in Kyle L.

4 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Gil Brandt has more knowledge in his Pinky Nail

then you will have in your entire Lifetime. More snow ❄️ flake drama. Give me a freaking brake. Just turn off your radio and go find your safe space. 

Just as an FYI, you come across as a snowflake by rushing to Gil's defense so strongly.  Just sayin'.  If you do not like the accusation, ignore.  It goes both ways.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

...who touts the Confederacy.....

How is what he said actually racist?  It's insensitive if he meant it as him being Hispanic means he likes tacos, but that's not actually racist

18 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

Hernandez should've told him he prefer German cuisine 

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

How is what he said actually racist?  It's insensitive if he meant it as him being Hispanic means he likes tacos, but that's not actually racist

If snowflakes are moderate, not racist and think touting the Confederacy is really, really ignorant, then I am a huge snowflake.

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

All Gill was saying there are a lot of good mexican restaurants in NYC. So the liberal snow flakes heard this guy is old and white and he is being racist. typical social warrior bull cra&&&p 

7 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

If snowflakes are moderate, not racist and think touting the Confederacy is really, really ignorant, then I am a huge snowflake.

definition of a snowflake - one who melts because they are easily offended.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

I don’t enjoy listening to Gil.  Can’t do it.

With that being said, I don’t think he meant anything racist by his comment.  Still the producer and Gil himself, need to be more careful 

52 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

we all have those days....

44 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

In related news I'm Italian and I've been asked if I liked pizza and spaghetti before.

I proceeded to shout at the people asking me that that they're racist scumbags! My head also exploded! I was so furious I couldn't take it!

Stereotyping happens to white people too. It's funny how nobody cries when it happens to them though.  

It's something we should keep in mind to avoid.

Going ballistic over something that wasn't meant to be horrible isn't wise either.

People with a life just think "whatever" and move on to what they have to get done

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

Hes a wonderful man and a freaking senior citizen. He comes from a time that wasn’t so PC. Also, how the hell do you know Hernandez and he didn’t converse about food? Brandt is still but into getting prospects to the draft and he routinely goes out to dinner with them. How do you know Hernandez didn’t tell him ‘I hope wherever I go has good Mexican food?’

And if what Brandt said offends you, you’re a snowflake. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Hes a wonderful man and a freaking senior citizen. He comes from a time that wasn’t so PC. Also, how the hell do you know Hernandez and he didn’t converse about food? Brandt is still but into getting prospects to the draft and he routinely goes out to dinner with them. How do you know Hernandez didn’t tell him ‘I hope wherever I go has good Mexican food?’

And if what Brandt said offends you, you’re a snowflake. 

we keep saying it's an older generation thing, but people way younger are doing it as well

just like saying the war generation deserved all the seniors pensions and stuff, but their kids are now cashing in even more

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, suorangefan4 said:

I’m half Sicilian, but don’t look it—other side is Northern European.  Over the years I’ve had more people than you’d imagine make disparaging statements about Italians in front of me, only to realize (too late) who they’re talking in front of.  The look of realization that comes across their face and the stumbling back pedaling is priceless.  

That said, I’m not a “triggered snowflake” by any means, but depending on what’s said and who’s saying it, it can sting and it certainly opens your eyes to the ignorance that’s still out there.  I can only imagine what others (like African-Americans, Hispanics, gays, etc) go through in that regard.....

27 minutes ago, MattM said:

I’m half Sicilian, but don’t look it—other side is Northern European.  Over the years I’ve had more people than you’d imagine make disparaging statements about Italians in front of me, only to realize (too late) who they’re talking in front of.  The look of realization that comes across their face and the stumbling back pedaling is priceless.  

That said, I’m not a “triggered snowflake” by any means, but depending on what’s said and who’s saying it, it can sting and it certainly opens your eyes to the ignorance that’s still out there.  I can only imagine what others (like African-Americans, Hispanics, gays, etc) go through in that regard.....

You get upset when someone calls you names still?  I am dumbfounded that grown adults still get upset being called any name. The whole point of primary school was to learn to get over it and tolerate !@#$s so you can be happy with yourself and say !@#$ everyone else.  

I get called names or insulted and I just shrug it off because I don't care the opinions of those who are of no consequence to me, I don't to be a martyr for some social cause to correct someones offensive statement or mindset, and most certainly I am not concerned with those who are ignorant enough to choose to behave in such a fashion. 

I guess it's why some men have confidence and balls and others are purely beta.  Reactions to those concerned with others makes me realize that I'm alpha af.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

we keep saying it's an older generation thing, but people way younger are doing it as well

just like saying the war generation deserved all the seniors pensions and stuff, but their kids are now cashing in even more

Mexicans like tacos. All people like tacos. Anybody getting their panties in a wad about this has issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is a stupid thread that has no place in PPP. We down here are way above discussing such trivial matters and I make a formal request that this thread is returned from whence it came. It's like sending a shoplifting case to the Supreme Court. -)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

I cannot STAND that guy.

9 hours have passed. Are you ok yet?

• Haha (+1) 4