HERE WE GO! GIANTS looking to TRADE DOWN

KDIGGZ

1 minute ago, cantwaitanylonger said:

Browns like Allen the most and have Mayfield ranked close second.  Bills like Mayfield and Browns know this.  Bills-Browns have it worked that that Browns take Mayfield #1 to take Jets out of the mix of taking him.  If Allen is still there at #4 like he should be, Browns then take Allen and trade Mayfield to Bills for a huge haul.  If Giants or Jets blow the plan up and Allen gets picked #2 or #3 which seems unlikely, the deal is off and Browns remain content with Mayfield and take Barkley/Chubb.

Sounds possible.  Like Eli Manning - Phillip Rivers all over again.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am going to go ahead and think this is garbage.  The Broncos

A) Would have to give up a 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rds or #5 this year and their 1st in 2019 to get #2. 

B) Are not giving up that many picks to move up three spots for what would be a backup QB for the next two years, when they can stay at #5 and perhaps get Barkley.

Tim Graham and Mike Rodak were dismissing reports from Galko on their show yesterday.

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

Denver doesn't have the capitol to move from 5-3 ?

You are correct, they do, but why would the Jets trade back after making the deal?  I am assuming you meant #5 to #2.  Denver could offer the Giants better package then the Bills.   I didn't consider teams in the top 5 trading higher.  Good point.

3 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

BS, the 2nd round pick this year, with this much talent that this draft has, is more valuable or at least of equal value to next years 1st. Tons of 1st round talent will make it to the 2nd and even 3rd round this year.

That’s wrong and incredibly short-sighted. The Bills know this. Beane even referenced it in the Jeff Darlington interview. You could easily get a 10+ sack guy in 2019 (like Bosa). There aren’t players in the 50’s that could tie his cleats. You need stars not good players. You need Keuchley’s not Preston Brown’s. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Teams have known what other teams have for months.  This isn't some wide open auction.  This is down to a few teams unless Beane has already just put down the best hand.

Realistically 12 / 22/ 2019 1st / 56 / 97

Something like that isn't going to be beat by anyone.

With 2 / 4 / 5 / 6 up for sale, the Giants can feel comfortable moving back to 12 and still being in position to get back up if they want 1 certain guy.

I hope you are right Chuck, or Mr. Wagon.  I like your optimism.

7 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

for me keeping some pics this year and sacrificing a first next years works.   Next year they can buy a first round talent with their free agent pool of money .  If they trade all their picks this year , it will be a long season and a season that you are giving the quarterbacks limited resources to work with 

Again, this is a 2 year process. Nothing prevents the Bills from buying talent next year regardless of this year. It’s a matter of a player in the 50’s or a player in the top 10. The Bills have to approach this as a long-term play.

6 minutes ago, cantwaitanylonger said:

Browns like Allen the most and have Mayfield ranked close second.  Bills like Mayfield and Browns know this.  Bills-Browns have it worked that that Browns take Mayfield #1 to take Jets out of the mix of taking him.  If Allen is still there at #4 like he should be, Browns then take Allen and trade Mayfield to Bills for a huge haul.  If Giants or Jets blow the plan up and Allen gets picked #2 or #3 which seems unlikely, the deal is off and Browns remain content with Mayfield and take Barkley/Chubb.

Lotta juice there :lol:

1 minute ago, BeefCurtns said:

Heyoooooo!!

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I continue to think Denver wants Denzel Ward

that was the word this morning  Joe b just mocked him to Denver in a trade up . Denver moving back into the first round and taking him 

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

tim graham and Rodek what a pair of happy fellows.   

9 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Teams have known what other teams have for months.  This isn't some wide open auction.  This is down to a few teams unless Beane has already just put down the best hand.

Realistically 12 / 22/ 2019 1st / 56 / 97

Something like that isn't going to be beat by anyone.

With 2 / 4 / 5 / 6 up for sale, the Giants can feel comfortable moving back to 12 and still being in position to get back up if they want 1 certain guy.

I need to disagree with you here. I think teams are very much so auctioning off their picks to highest bidder. It is like any other purchase and negotiation, as things got down to the end people will make moves.  Their are GM's waiting to see what other teams. Picks 2-6 are in play. Beane is most likely playing one off the other all day today. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Repeat, repeat and repeat this in my head.

GM Brandon Beane told me he has the ammo to get to No. 2. And he covets at least one QB as franchise guy.

Yeah....this is definitely interesting if Beane did say this.  He wouldn't say this if he didn't know what the Giants want for #2.  It would be impossible for him to say this if the Giants told him they weren't open to trading or, if they were open to trading, what it would take.

So, yeah, if Beane did say he has the ammo to get there, he definitely knows the price and something might be on the table where he just needs to pull the trigger.  No way Beane could say this if there wasn't a price already out there on the pick.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

if the giants trade 2 to another team then you can scratch Mayfield, darnold and Rosen off the board.  \

that means Allen or stay at 12.   I think the Bills are boxed in pretty good an have to sell the farm for number 2 . It will be a bite the bullet it season and next off season they can spend their way to fill the holes.   

This. 

• Like (+1) 2