A couple Bills Rumors from WGR sports talk Saturday

Nate Geary had a couple interesting tidbits yesterday. Take it for what it's worth.

1) Bills have already offered the Giants 3 first round picks for 2, and it wasn't enough.

Perhaps that was their breaking point and that's why the Rapsheet story came out about them not looking at 2 anymore

2)He's heard the Bills like Rosen. Didn't say if they have him ranked as their top qb, but at the very least it means they aren't one of the teams that dropped him for character/durability.

Either way, 4 more days. We will make it!

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

Nate Geary had a couple interesting tidbits yesterday. Take it for what it's worth.

1) Bills have already offered the Giants 3 first round picks for 2, and it wasn't enough.

Perhaps that was their breaking point and that's why the Rapsheet story came out about them not looking at 2 anymore

2)He's heard the Bills like Rosen. Didn't say if they have him ranked as their top qb, but at the very least it means they aren't one of the teams that dropped him for character/durability.

Fine, enjoy your stupid running back, Gettleman. Too bad you don't have much of an o line in front of him. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

If true, kinda what Beane was talking about.....a willing trade partner.

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

Get to 4 or 5 and we'll get either Mayfield or Rosen.

i am 100% on board with this. Schoop was talking the other day about the massive differnce in picks it takes to get to #2 vs 4 or 5..and I still cant believe Gettleman will take a RB instead of 3 #1 picks...I mean that cant happen in 2018 can it?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Get to 4 or 5 and we'll get either Mayfield or Rosen.

Theres so much chatter going on with the qbs. I’d really like to know who the browns and Jets are actually targeting. I feel like the Jets are going for Mayfield. 

Id hate to face him twice a year. He has that Brady fire. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been saying it for months.

The New York Giants aren’t trading out of #2 because they are taking a QB. 

It’s going to be a Bears Trubisky selection reaction on Thursday night when it happens.

Gettlemen and Pat Shurmur aren’t that stupid. This is Shurmur’s second and most likely final shot at being a HC. He’s not going to go down with a 37 year old washed up Eli Manning.

• Like (+1) 11

11 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Fine, enjoy your stupid running back, Gettleman. Too bad you don't have much of an o line in front of him. 

I’d completely understand the Giants turning a trade down if they were looking for Eli’s replacement. I can’t understand turning down three first rounds picks for any other position. The Giants are a bad team who lack depth. Three first rounders would go a long ways toward helping them turn that franchise around. If Eli has a couple years left those extra picks would build a roster around him. If they believe Eli is very close to retirement, keeping their first rounder to draft a QB is logical. Declining a solid trade offer to draft a running back is the one option that make no sense imo. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i am 100% on board with this. Schoop was talking the other day about the massive differnce in picks it takes to get to #2 vs 4 or 5..and I still cant believe Gettleman will take a RB instead of 3 #1 picks...I mean that cant happen in 2018 can it?

It can if you’re from the 1960’s

3 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

LOL Giants are pretty clearly not taking a QB. Let’s not be paranoid. They’re doing us a favor by not accepting. We’ll get to 5 by giving up 12, 22 and 53 and we’ll get Rosen for much cheaper

I have s hunch Darnold and Rosen will be gone before we pick

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

It would seem to be a pretty good mistake by the giants. 

Youd be giving the guy top 5 money at his position fully guaranteed. At what point do you just get a top vet in free agency or via trade of any lower pick. To pass on a package of 3 firsts would be terrible even if barkley is excellent 

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

It’s going to be a Bears Trubisky selection reaction on Thursday night when it happens.

Gettlemen and Pat Shurmur aren’t that stupid. This is Shurmur’s second and most likely final shot at being a HC. He’s not going to go down with a 37 year old washed up Eli Manning.

Probably taking Darnold in this scenario. Browns with Allen at 1, with the Jets taking Mayfield, the Browns could get Barkley at 4. I doubt hey trade out if Barkley and Chubb are there. Then we need to hope the Broncos pass on Rosen. I'm guessing they take Chubb or Nelson if they are there. 

1-Allen

2-Darnold

3-Mayfield

4-Barkley

5-Nelson or Chubb

6-Chubb if he is there

7- This is probably the trade up spot. 

5-7. I don't think the Browns trade out if Barkley is there. I don't think the Broncos trade out if Chubb and Nelson are there. I don't think the Colts trade out if Chubb is there, I think they do it if he is gone. I think they want Roquan Smith or Chubb. 

At at the end of the day I think we get ahold of Rosen or Darnold somehow. 

16 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

LOL Giants are pretty clearly not taking a QB. Let’s not be paranoid. They’re doing us a favor by not accepting. We’ll get to 5 by giving up 12, 22 and 53 and we’ll get Rosen for much cheaper

LOL both the Giants and Broncos are highly likely to go QB.

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Probably taking Darnold in this scenario. Browns with Allen at 1, with the Jets taking Mayfield, the Browns could get Barkley at 4. I doubt hey trade out if Barkley and Chubb are there. Then we need to hope the Broncos pass on Rosen. I'm guessing they take Chubb or Nelson if they are there. 

1-Allen

2-Darnold

3-Mayfield

4-Barkley

5-Nelson or Chubb

6-Chubb if he is there

5-7. I don't think the Browns trade out if Barkley is there. I don't think the Broncos trade out if Chubb and Nelson are there. I don't think the Colts trade out if Chubb is there, I think they do it if he is gone. I think they want Roquan Smith or Chubb. 

In that scenario, you don't screw around.  You give what Denver what they need to trade down and secure your QB.  It's still far cheaper at that point than getting up to #2.

• Like (+1) 2

It's hard to know anything.  If the offer was 12, 22, and a 1st next year... yeah, I don't think the giants take that.  All along, I think a realistic offer is 1, 1, 2, next year 1, and maybe more.  Whether the giants do it or not is another thing.  But just 3 1sts alone is probably too little.

53 minutes ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

Bills have already offered the Giants 3 first round picks for 2, and it wasn't enough.

This is the rumor that Eric Galko had heard. And it makes sense. Blue chip players are found in the top 5 and we can't offer anything higher than 12. If we trade 3 1sts and 2 2nds maybe that gets it done but you have to wonder if any QB in this draft is worth that much. Going for Rosen at 5 makes a lot more sense.

54 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

If Gettleman actually turned down 3 first round picks he is the worst GM in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, McBean said:

I think they are that stupid. They were making some pro RB comments at their press conference.

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

1-Allen

2-Darnold

3-Mayfield

4-Barkley

5-Nelson or Chubb

6-Chubb if he is there

I’m also going on record for another bold prediction.

The Browns pass on Barkley at 4 which is going to cause teams to scramble and try to get Saquon at 5 with Denver.

Browns added Carlos Hyde this off season and already have a good back in Duke Johnson.

It’s going to be wild. I can’t freakin wait man.

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think they are that stupid. They were making some pro RB comments at their press conference.

Smoke smoke smoke.

8 minutes ago, MarylandFan1980 said:

It's hard to know anything.  If the offer was 12, 22, and a 1st next year... yeah, I don't think the giants take that.  All along, I think a realistic offer is 1, 1, 2, next year 1, and maybe more.  Whether the giants do it or not is another thing.  But just 3 1sts alone is probably too little.

I think you are undervaluing firsts a bit. The Chiefs essentially gave up two firsts to move up 17 spots last year. Three first should have the value of first overall. Maybe you have to throw in a few 4th or 5th rounders.

Just now, McBean said:

I’m also going on record for another bold prediction.

The Browns pass on Barkley at 4 which is going to cause teams to scramble and try to get Saquon at 5 with Denver.

Browns added Carlos Hyde this off season and already have a good back in Duke Johnson.

It’s going to be wild. I can’t freakin wait man.

Smoke smoke smoke.

I don’t see Gettleman as a smokescreen type of guy. He is old school, what you see is what you get.