Work schedule this upcoming week..

McBean

I’m a small business owner and told my assistant 2 weeks ago that Thursday the 26th I’m gone from my office at noon and won’t be back until Monday the 30th lol.

I don’t know if I will start the grill at noon or not. Depends on the weather here in the South. I’m going to crack open a beer and listen to non stop radio on WGR while NFL Network is on the big screen. Love the atmosphere and excitement around draft day...especially this year with all the picks/unknown.

What about you? Are you taking off Friday? Any special plans? Would love to hear from others.

Man, I can’t WAIT until Thursday!!!!

Go Bills

Edited by McBean
  • Like (+1) 2

I always take off Thursday-Monday. My own little paradise staycation. Load up on all the junk food I won't usually let myself buy. Queue up some good binge watching material for the down periods when I've consumed all the draft-related info I can find. It's a four day extravaganza of indulgence.

I look forward to it every year the way I used to look forward to Christmas when I was a kid. My wife usually just heads out for a mini vacation of her own. I can't blame her. Watching me sink down into the hedonistic depths over four days isn't pretty. Usually takes me a week of recovery to feel like I'm not still football-junk-food-computer-screen stoned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The biggest downside of being retired is I can't take any more "mental health" sick days ... I don't get ANY of the national holidays off ..... weekends????? same as Monday through Friday ..... vacation days???? fagetaboutit

• Haha (+1) 2

The time zone difference puts the beginning of the first round at noon on Friday.

That said, I'm taking the afternoon off from work and will be eating and drinking as I watch coverage on NFL GamePass.  It's too bad that WGR does not allows listens outside of the US listen to their live-stream. 

Does anyone know another "local" source I could listen to?

*Edit* - Finally installed a VPN and now listening to WGR.

Edited by Bad Things

I requested off Thursday and Friday too so I can go to Buffalo Wild Wings with my 20 year old son and watch the draft.  I work evenings/nights and I would be absolutely worthless on draft night if I was here at work during the draft. 

I have never asked off for a draft before.  This year is different somehow, it seems like this is the most important draft for the Bills in the last 20 years.  I feel like a kid waiting for Xmas...

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll go to work on Thursday.  Get home at roughly 7pm.  I'll watch the rest of Wheel of Fortune, then watch Jeopardy (Mets have a day game) whilst preparing dinner.  Then I'll watch the draft.  Then I'll go to bed and wake up Friday to go to work.

We normally have our ANZAC Memorial Day during the week, this year it’s a Wednesday and I usually take the days after as Annual Leave for a bit of a break: It’s often the few nice days before Winter arrives and the work slog starts after Spring, Summer good weather.

My wife saved me for Thursday night.  My niece had reserved tickets a couple of weeks ago for her and her husband and her in laws for Avengers in the recliner seats at AMC and asked me if I wanted to go.  I said yes and I was not thinking about the day (Thursday at 8 pm).

Just before I ordered my ticket my wife said, "isn't that the night of the draft?"

I married above me.  

In the midst of my Spring health kick so not a lot of food, but I am will be at home and raring to go at 5.  Normally we are together watching our daughter who demands a lot of attention (which is cool by me!), but I think my wife will carry the load on Thursday.

did I mention I married above me?

• Like (+1) 1