Richie Incognito Un-retires via Twitter?

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Because most people don't judge people by an "All or Nothing" standard.

Richie is a human being, and from what I read not the bad of one......................Someone I certainly could defend.

So you would defend Josh Rosen or Colin Kaepernick?  RI has done a ton of scummy things.  That said, before this BS, I thought he was a solid guy when he was on the Bills.  But I’m not blindly defending guys because I like their politics.

• Like (+1) 1

(Large font for emphasis :lol:)

Message to Sal Capaccio:  

You like to play the role of insider embedded within the team and in the know with trusted sources.  How about actually doing some reporting, getting in front of this story, and telling us what is going on, instead of functioning as a mouthpiece for the PR department of OBD for a change?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

A lot of crazy things happening on twitter lately.. 

I had a quiet Friday night with my lady and we watching criminal minds or CSI or whatever.  The episode was about people who were convinced there were aliens and they would change into snakes.  Maybe Sammy was watching the same show.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

(Large font for emphasis :lol:)

Message to Sal Capaccio:  

You like to play the role of insider embedded within the team and in the know with trusted sources.  How about actually doing some reporting, getting in front of this story, and telling us what is going on, instead of functioning as a mouthpiece for the PR department of OBD for a change?

Ohh burn!

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I had a quiet Friday night with my lady and we watching criminal minds or CSI or whatever.  The episode was about people who were convinced there were aliens and they would change into snakes.  Maybe Sammy was watching the same show.

Wow I would be sick if I had just given him that giant contract.

He is a nut. Maybe he will play just fine though.

51 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Most people look at a persons entire lifes work and not justvthe short period of time that they played a game really well for their favorite team........

Perhaps you should take your own advice, and base your decision on something other than the Dolphins episode.

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So you would defend Josh Rosen or Colin Kaepernick?  RI has done a ton of scummy things.  That said, before this BS, I thought he was a solid guy when he was on the Bills.  But I’m not blindly defending guys because I like their politics.

Nor am I  ...................you are the one who keeps referencing that.

I simply responded to your "how can people defend him ?" nonsense............and pointed out that you should look at his whole life......................he is far from a "scummy" person

but you know that......................or you categorize ALL Trump supporters as scummy...............................I suspect the latter.

Edited by B-Man

Just now, B-Man said:

Perhaps you should take your own advice, and base your decision on something other than the Dolphins episode.

I simply responded to your "how can people defend him ?" nonsense............and pointed out that you should look at his whole life......................he is far from a "scummy" person

but you know that......................or yo categorize ALL Trump supporters as scummy...............................I suspect the latter.

Fine- let’s ignore Martin issues and stick to him getting booted from two colleges, the rams meltdowns, the multiple arrests that video of him in the bar throwing around slurs, the incident with the golf course attendant, the slurs towards trainers, the drug issues he’s copped to, that weird incident beating up his car, maybe another racial slur incident in Jax.... 

but if you discount all that, we really don’t know much to question his character 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Based on his tweets I'd say even if he wanted to un-retire, he wouldn't pass the drug screening. Sounds like he's on something. He's big into doing cocaine and a lot of his tweets were in the middle of the night

You sure about that? This a serious assumption and a mans reputation. Maybe long ago but now?

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Tyrod took a pay cut after being in the Pro Bowl too....

Wasn't "athletes first" his former agent? The ones he fired on twitter?

Most people look at a persons entire lifes work and not justvthe short period of time that they played a game really well for their favorite team........

Tyrod was gifted the pro bowl. Richie earned it.

1 hour ago, BuffaloMatt said:

That came after he was sh*t on and asked to take a pay cut after three consecutive years of being one of the best guards in football.

There's a simple answer to that and it lay within Incognito's control:

Bills: "RI, will you restructure and take a pay cut to help the team?"

RI: "No.  After 3 years of being one of the best guards in football, I'm worth what you're paying me and more"

Bills: "Final answer?  We'd love to keep you but we may have to cut you for cap reasons."

RI: "Final answer, let me keep my lil' coins"

Bills: "OK, son, we'd like to keep you, but if we do have to make that move for our cap, best of luck"

I'm sorry, but I have trouble seeing a $1.15M signing bonus and $4.75M salary as being "**** on" exactly.  His 2018 cap hit made him something like the 7th highest paid LG this year, right up there with Clint Boling, Lane Taylor, and Rodger Saffold - all of whom are significantly younger.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

You sure about that? This a serious assumption and a mans reputation. Maybe long ago but now?

He's up all night and acting iradically. Given his history as a known coke head while clubbing in Miami, it fits the bill. At the very least he's being an a-hole trolling on Twitter and not acting professional. Fires his agent on Twitter, retires in Twitter, trolling the team on Twitter. Is he a 34 yr old man or a 16 yr old girl?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Cant fire an agent on twitter. Much like you can’t retire. I’m curious what, if any, paperwork he’s filed through all this.

A really good question.  One I would like to hear Sal Capaccio or Vic Carrucci or someone do some legwork and try to answer.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's a simple answer to that and it lay within Incognito's control:

Bills: "RI, will you restructure and take a pay cut to help the team?"

RI: "No.  After 3 years of being one of the best guards in football, I'm worth what you're paying me and more"

Bills: "Final answer?  We'd love to keep you but we may have to cut you for cap reasons."

RI: "Final answer, let me keep my lil' coins"

Bills: "OK, son, we'd like to keep you, but if we do have to make that move for our cap, best of luck"

I'm sorry, but I have trouble seeing a $1.15M signing bonus and $4.75M salary as being "**** on" exactly.  His 2018 cap hit made him something like the 7th highest paid LG this year, right up there with Clint Boling, Lane Taylor, and Rodger Saffold - all of whom are significantly younger.

Younger, not better. 

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

but you know that......................or you categorize ALL Trump supporters as scummy...............................I suspect the latter.

I’m just all about being consistent. I thought RI was a giant scumbag before we signed him and gave him a chance.  I thought he showed signs of growing up and I was happy to admit I was wrong. 

But given this childish behavior, his past, & his age, he is not really worth it and doubts I had about the guy are coming back.  He is toying with a franchise that gave him a chance when he is at rock bottom. How can people defend that? And if it was a guy like Kaepernick, would you defend him, when he hasn’t done 25% of the stuff RI has done?  Just be consistent.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m just all about being consistent. I thought RI was a giant scumbag before we signed him and gave him a chance.  I thought he showed signs of growing up and I was happy to admit I was wrong. 

But given this childish behavior, his past, & his age, he is not really worth it and doubts I had about the guy are coming back.  He is toying with a franchise that gave him a chance when he is at rock bottom. How can people defend that? And if it was a guy like Kaepernick, would you defend him, when he hasn’t done 25% of the stuff RI has done?  Just be consistent.

I’d even be fine if when they asked for the pay cut he said no and perhaps an off color comment. I get hurt feelings cause some bad blood and he’s a high strung guy. But the games he’s currently playing just aren’t defensible after cashing a million dollar check and signing the contract 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Did Bills fans completely forgot about RI before he became a bill (the second time after he got cut from the Rams because he was a moron)?  If you look at his life, the last 3 years are the outliers.  These week on twitter matches up with his past.

and I’ve seen the guy out in both Buffalo and Arizona. Not really a stretch to assume he would indulge in some “stuff.”  He’s a really good G but let’s not pretend like he is some poor innocent guy. He has created 95% of the problems in his life. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

I’d even be fine if when they asked for the pay cut he said no and perhaps an off color comment. I get hurt feelings cause some bad blood and he’s a high strung guy. But the games he’s currently playing just aren’t defensible after cashing a million dollar check and signing the contract 

Apparently to some, his agents, like Doug Whaley, went rogue and signed the contract. Poor RI was powerless in the whole situation.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Younger, not better. 

Do you know how the nfl works?  They are always looking to replace the old vet with the cheaper younger one.  Guys age really fast in football.  It’s also the G position, which is one of the easy to replace.  

RI has no leverage here and has no reason for this temper tantrum.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Did Bills fans completely forgot about RI before he became a bill (the second time after he got cut from the Rams because he was a moron)?  If you look at his life, the last 3 years are the outliers.  These week on twitter matches up with his past.

and I’ve seen the guy out in both Buffalo and Arizona. Not really a stretch to assume he would indulge in some “stuff.”  He’s a really good G but let’s not pretend like he is some poor innocent guy. He has created 95% of the problems in his life. 

His jersey has always been a hot seller here...the stadium is full of them on game days and out at SJF. Some fans LOVE him.

• Like (+1) 1

Another question:

i dont know this as fact but i vaguely recall that you can’t renegotiate a contract signed in that same season. So there might not be a way for the bills to renegotiate short of cutting him and re-signing?

(think it was an RFA situation where I heard that- noting a team couldn’t give ridiculous terms to a guy to help get him off his original team with a handshake agreement to restructure immediately after... imagine giving a huge year 1 salary to a guy on a cap strapped team, they can’t match then you can’t restructure that to signing bonus to be more friendly to both team and player once he’s in house)

Edited by NoSaint

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So RI goes from being retired, to showing up to conditioning, to asking for a release. I smell Belichick.

Richie is dreaming if he thinks McBeane are letting him walk. But maybe a trade? What can Mr. 3XProbowler fetch?

Belicheck would be on the phone in minutes if Richie is released..

Just now, NoSaint said:

I don’t, but I also don’t default to any bills mishap being the pats fault with absolutely no proof or even vague reason to suggest it

True, it's just my paranoia talking. But how often have Bills players made a beeline to Foxboro? How about a recent social justice champion/WR who asked for a release. Paranoid for good reason 

4 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

A lot of crazy things happening on twitter lately.. 

?

3 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

He is fine. He is just pissed that he restructured. THREE consecutive Pro Bowls and he knows now the guard market is thin. He really should be pissed at his personal team for brokering such a Bills friendly deal. 

shouldn't have signed it then

His reasons for retirement were bogus. He passed his post season physical without an issue. He stood with Woods at his retirement. It’s my personal opinion that someone told him he could void his contract by retiring. Then after finding out he could not, is trying to act like a headcase so the Bills will release him from his contract. McBeane and Co. need to treat him just like Boldin: if you want to play, play for us. If not, bye Felicia.

Edited by benderbender
Me so stupid
  • Like (+1) 2