Another plan

If the Bills don't get their QB of the future this draft, well then there is next year and the year after.  We have two 1st, two 2nd and two third round picks this year.

Maybe we can load up picks for another try next year.

Trade down from #12 to get a first and second round pick this year.

Trade that second round pick and one of the other 2nd round picks for two 2019 first round picks.

That would give us three 1st round picks next year. We should be able to get any guy we wanted OR do a similar deal to get 3 in 2020.

This year we would have:........... two 1st round picks...........one second round pick and.........two third round picks.

Not saying we could find partners for such a deal, but it would give us a good draft this year and a lot of ammo for next year.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

If the Bills don't get their QB of the future this draft, well then there is next year and the year after.  We have two 1st, two 2nd and two third round picks this year.

Trade that second round pick and one of the other 2nd round picks for two 2019 first round picks.

That would give us three 1st round picks next year. We should be able to get any guy we wanted OR do a similar deal to get 3 in 2020.

This year we would have:........... two 1st round picks...........one second round pick and.........two third round picks.

Not saying we could find partners for such a deal, but it would give us a good draft this year and a lot of ammo for next year.

Merryland, is not so merry. We all know the way it works. We all know you want to add players instead of a QB.  Why all the threads repeating your own agenda? 

Get a QB! A top one! Rosen or Mayfield! 

That's all. 

Great thread?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

How many times has a team traded a a future 1st for a 2nd rd pick?  Not that it can’t happen, but unlikely imo.  I remember the panthers trading a future first to the niners for a 2nd rd pick to draft a FSU DE who’s name is escaping me. I don’t remember many other times it has happened

Based on history this is what I see.

2019 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, hence we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

2020 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, h nice we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

2021 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, h nice we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

2022 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, h nice we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We are already loaded with picks this year.  They need to try and at least take a shot at getting a QB.  We do have holes...but the biggest one we have is QB.  We are going into the season with AJ and Peterman.  Thats not the best situation 

Edited by Skins Malone

Why not 2 senerios in 1 thread? Both involve the Bills being shut out of QBs... but I digress. 

Regardless, why bother with convoluted what if senerios? What will be will be and from there we roll with it. I hope like hell they get up if that's the desire, but fretting does no good. So we wait..

Another plan equals same thread new title.

This is the year we draft a QB. It is the best class for a QB and why we loaded up and traded to get to 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. We can't keep waiting for next year. 

Of course this is JMO

43 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

2 of our seconds for 2 firsts next year, huh?  Wow, shouldn't be a problem.  Why not trade two of our 3rds for another first next year and we'll have 4?  1, 2, 3, 4, I love to count.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

2019 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, hence we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

2020 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, h nice we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

2021 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, h nice we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

2022 - we lose players to free Agency, retirement and some draft picks bust, h nice we have holes.  But we are middling record between 6-10 and 9-7.  Then everyone says we need to fill holes so let’s just draft to fill holes and we will do it next season.  Besides none of the QBS are guarantees.

WAIT! What happens in 2023? Don’t leave us hanging here! 

25 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Let’s trade all our picks this year so we have 32 7th round picks in 2019 and 2020.

YOU, sir, are a man with a plan! Volume is key! Our guy is in that haystack somewhere. 

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

i kinda like that deal...idea. maybe we can take rudolph/white/lauletta/ fergy this year. i don't think anyone they could draft this year would unseat ajm as the starter. 

this is based on mayfield and allen being already gone.  i think ajm will get us a winning record , if not resemble franchise and we could really build the roster....not to mention next year is supposed to be a good year for dline.

great job. good thinking imo.

we would stand alone with those 2019 picks. i wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the route.

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

So we should stockpile picks for next year to move up, but not use the picks we stockpiled this year to move up in a more qb heavy draft?  That doesn’t make sense.

I can see it now (if it ever happened), next year, we have a ton of picks.  Then we would still have the same crowd saying we can’t mortgage the picks.  Wait till 2020.  We can’t keep pushing it back.  In fact, your scenario is the exact same scenario the front office used in preparation for this year.  So why not now?

Edited by billsfan5121

58 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

We are going into the season with AJ and Peterman.  Thats not the best situation 

In fact, it is arguably the worst situation at the most important position in professional sports. 

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Merryland, is not so merry. We all know the way it works. We all know you want to add players instead of a QB.  Why all the threads repeating your own agenda? 

Get a QB! A top one! Rosen or Mayfield! 

That's all. 

Great thread?

Because it's not your agenda? Seems there is no shortage of threads of your agenda. Why does an opposing agenda get you so snarky. By   t wondering?

26 minutes ago, Radar said:

Because it's not your agenda? Seems there is no shortage of threads of your agenda. Why does an opposing agenda get you so snarky. By   t wondering?

I didn't realize I had an agenda, but that said, we all know what his is. And that's fine by me. Just wondered why we needed another thread about it is all. 

Wasn't trying to be "snarky", but just funny. Sorry if it offended you.

What threads of mine are agenda laden, might I ask?

Edited by BuffAlone

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I didn't realize I had an agenda, but that said, we all know what his is. And that's fine by me. Just wondered why we needed another thread about it is all. 

Wasn't trying to be "snarky", but just funny. Sorry if it offended you.

What threads of mine are agenda laden, might I ask?

No problem. I agree no need for more threads but that goes for the trade up crew as well as the keep the picks gang. Sorry miss understood funny as snarky. Man let's just get this draft over with.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

You left out coach gets fired players no longer fit scheme. 

17 minutes ago, Radar said:

No problem. I agree no need for more threads but that goes for the trade up crew as well as the keep the picks gang. Sorry miss understood funny as snarky. Man let's just get this draft over with.

I couldn't agree more! Either way it goes down, I'll accept and trust it. But damn, I want a QB. Never a better time than now

13 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

We already have enough draft capital to trade up this year and get our guy.  The questions being asked  on this board is whether the bills want to pay so many draft picks to get their QB.  My question is: Why would that question go away next year unless and until we tank and get the #2 pick like the Giants.    

The Bills simply have to decide the value of their picks and the QB they can draft with them. If they convince themselves that the value is there, they will go get their guy in this years draft.   We don't know what Bean and McDermott are thinking right now.   I mean, you have to use your draft picks to get the players you want.  

11 hours ago, billsfan5121 said:

So we should stockpile picks for next year to move up, but not use the picks we stockpiled this year to move up in a more qb heavy draft?  That doesn’t make sense.

I can see it now (if it ever happened), next year, we have a ton of picks.  Then we would still have the same crowd saying we can’t mortgage the picks.  Wait till 2020.  We can’t keep pushing it back.  In fact, your scenario is the exact same scenario the front office used in preparation for this year.  So why not now?

It is not an automatic thing that somebody will trade with us this year.

13 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

It is not an automatic thing that somebody will trade with us this year.

Or any year. But at least this year we know there are worthwhile prospects. Are you ok waiting indefinitely for a QB? 

5 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Or any year. But at least this year we know there are worthwhile prospects. Are you ok waiting indefinitely for a QB? 

No.  I am not willing to trade up to the top 3 slots to get one.   Slots 4-7 is a maybe (I don't know if the top ones are so good that it would be worth it).  8+ for one of the top 4 I would do.

7 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

No.  I am not willing to trade up to the top 3 slots to get one.   Slots 4-7 is a maybe (I don't know if the top ones are so good that it would be worth it).  8+ for one of the top 4 I would do.

Would you be willing to make that trade to get a prospect of this quality in another year?

The top 3 slots are so expensive. (3000, 2600, 2200 are the costs for the 1st three picks).   If you were drafting in the #7 spot, it would take you this entire draft (~2400 points) and some of next year's draft to get the 3000 points for the first overall pick.  Ouch.  You started out with a time that was 25th in the league and you probably lost a few starters due to age or free agency.  Ouch.  And then everybody added about 3-4 quality draft picks and you added none.  It is a long way to catch up from there, even with a much better QB.  By the way, rookie QB's playing with bad teams do NOT develop all their potential and remember that about 50% of them (regardless of how beautiful they look at the combine) don't work out.  ....... With the loss of many players from the Bills I think we are in poorer shape right now than last year. We might be in that sort of boat.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan