Why Didn't The Giants Test Beckham?

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I can understand why the Giants didn't but the NFL should've been at his door the next day.

Its the offseason, ironically random testing doesnt begin till 4-20. If you are in the program they can test you whenever they want.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’d like to see the CBA language governing drug tests. Do teams have permission to randomly check or is it strictly league mandated? 

No offseason drug testing. Random tests only occurr when you are in the drug program. That means you've already had a couple positive tests. Otherwise you receive advance notice of the date you will be tested. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

If they could, why would they?

Deep down, I don't think teams care about pot.

I would because then he can't very well hold out. Then again with Beckham you never know. 

But I never heard a player holding out coming off a suspension. He will miss the same number or less than games than he if he holds out.

Plus I don't like being messed with I would stick it to him. :)

Just now, dbflaBill said:

lol thanks

10 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

LOL if that is true it is pretty dad gum funny!

It's easier for players to remember the date as they're  blazing a spliff

3 minutes ago, PIP said:

In 3 years the guy will not even be in the NFL. Another reason that the vetting of players is so crucial.

I doubt this. 

• Like (+1) 1

Giants should try to trade him in my opinion. If they can land a 1st and 3rd or something, I would do it in a heartbeat if I were them.

While he is a great player, he is a complete head case and no way I would trust giving him tons of money once his contract his up after 2018

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PIP said:

In 3 years the guy will not even be in the NFL. Another reason that the vetting of players is so crucial.

In 10 years, he'll probably be in Canton.

We can all debate if the Giants have any sort of ethical obligation to do something about the video.  However, it would seem crazy to “punish yourself” by giving a drug test and suspending him if he fails.  It may not be right from a moral standpoint, but it makes sense why they wouldn’t from a competitive point of view.

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

No offseason drug testing. Random tests only occurr when you are in the drug program. That means you've already had a couple positive tests. Otherwise you receive advance notice of the date you will be tested. 

All this means to me is that players who test positive are complete neanderthals. So dumb of them to get caught when they know when they will be tested and when they are in the clear.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

All this means to me is that players who test positive are complete neanderthals. So dumb of them to get caught when they know when they will be tested and when they are in the clear.

Yep, a lot of players have said you have to be really dumb (or incredibly unlucky, like win-the-lotto odds) to get caught. If you arent already in the program, you have a set amount of time to do whatever you want, and some pretty reasonable and predictable milestones where you have to stop.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Why?  He's never been in trouble before.

Give him time :)

Anyway it was a joke. He is an immense irritation as a football player at times. Not just off the field "antics" but remember the personal fouls? But that doesn't mean his will get himself incarcerated. Being a dink isn't illegal.

Anyway it was a jest but he will be delayed getting into canton if he ever does, because of his doofus attitude. TO owul dhave been a first ballot selction if he hadn't been such a PITA. 

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Give him time :)

Anyway it was a joke. He is an immense irritation as a football player at times. Not just off the field "antics" but remember the personal fouls? But that doesn't mean his will get himself incarcerated. Being a dink isn't illegal.

Anyway it was a jest but he will be delayed getting into canton if he ever does, because of his doofus attitude. TO owul dhave been a first ballot selction if he hadn't been such a PITA. 

I agree with all of this.