Browns Sign QB Drew Stanton to a 2-Year Deal

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Taylor, traded to Arizona early in the season to replace the injured Bradford.

Baker Mayfield becomes the starting QB by October 1. Stanton continues to hold clipboard for the next two years.

I love Baker but there is 0% chance he goes #1 overall 

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

I'll take that bet. Go ahead and give me odds. He's #1, and he's #1 going away. Best QB in this draft and it isn't even close. 

70 years of NFL football says he isn't going #1 ...

I love Baker and think he's a stud , he isn't going #1 overall 

• Like (+1) 1

Browns have said Taylor is a good starter with upside and he's their guy.  

Can you imagine what the Browns fans would do if they stuck with TT and passed on a QB at 1 and 4???  HAHAHAHA, I have a friend who is a Browns fan, and I would laugh my ass off cuz he would be so pissed.

I still think there is zero percent change they pass on a QB twice, but it was interesting comments the Browns made after trading for TT.  Personally, I would take Barkley at 1 and Baker at 4.  But if they go QB at 1, and its Darnold, they might still land Barkely at 4 if Giants trade down or go Chubb.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Browns have said Taylor as a good starter and he's their guy.  

Can you imagine what the Browns fans would do if they stuck with TT and passed on a QB at 1 and 4???  HAHAHAHA, I have a friend who is a Browns fan, and I would laugh my ass off cuz he would be so pissed.

I still think there is zero percent change they pass on a QB twice, but it was interesting comments the Browns made after trading for TT.  Personally, I would take Barkley at 1 and Baker at 4.  But if they go QB at 1, and its Darnold, they might still land Barkely at 4 if Giants trade down or go Chubb.

Barkely & Chubb/Fitz

Just now, billspro said:

I don't understand this signing at all. They have a bridge QB already and two young QBs on the roster. 

Are they just going to cut Hogan and Kessler at this point?

It is sort of a puzzling signing.  Hogan and Kessler are gone via trade or release as picks from another regime. 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Browns have said Taylor as a good starter and he's their guy.  

perhaps Browns re looking at a guy they feel they can sit  awhile. Trade down. everyone wants those 1 and 4 picks from them.

My guess is they are absolutely taking a QB. But they have so much leverage, they can get their guy while moving up or down and getting some other great players out of this draft.

Maybe not who  some suspect though.

Edited by 3rdand12

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

70 years of NFL football says he isn't going #1 ...

I love Baker and think he's a stud , he isn't going #1 overall 

Is this the height issue? Because if it is, and you are trying to make a case for Rosen you have to know what I'm going to say about that.

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Is this the height issue? Because if it is, and you are trying to make a case for Rosen you have to know what I'm going to say about that.

Im not making a case for any QB.

Fact is only 1 QB shorter than 6'2 has been drafted top 3 in modern NFL history... Michael Vick 

again can you not read when I say I LOVE BAKER MAYFIELD.... No GM has the balls to draft him first overall. I'd wager anything 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

LOL!!!!!! They must've had a practice session with Taylor and thought holy **** what did we do. I'm starting to think more and more that Barkley will be the 1st pick in the draft and the Giant take Chubb leaving the Jets with the 1st QB selection. The Giants won the Super Bowl because of having two edge rushes who can just destroy QB's. I can't see the Giants passing on Chubb.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im not making a case for any QB.

Fact is only 1 QB shorter than 6'2 has been drafted top 3 in modern NFL history... Michael Vick 

again can you not read when I say I LOVE BAKER MAYFIELD.... No GM has the balls to draft him first overall. I'd wager anything 

great. We'll see how this plays out. And yeah, I know you love the guy. Personally, I don't love the guy. I'd point out that the team with the first pick in the draft already HAS a QB that is shorter than 6'2" and they went out of their way to get him. 

But he's off the board before the second pick is called. 

Cheers.

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

This means nothing.  Tyrod is on a 1 year deal.  Any QB they take at 1 is sitting the first 10 games at least.  Stanton will be Tyron's backup this year and Darnold's backup next year.  

This is the most plausible explanation. 

5 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

great. We'll see how this plays out. And yeah, I know you love the guy. Personally, I don't love the guy. I'd point out that the team with the first pick in the draft already HAS a QB that is shorter than 6'2" and they went out of their way to get him. 

But he's off the board before the second pick is called. 

Cheers.

We will see..

and TT was a 6th round pick... not first overall 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Browns have said Taylor is a good starter with upside and he's their guy.  

The Browns HC said Taylor is the starting QB, and there won't be an open competition for the job. i.e. The rookie will sit. Not a bad thing imo . They're going QB at 1 though. 

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dear fan(s),

Why have 3 bad QBs when you can have 4 ? 

Love, Hue

Hue's not making the calls. The new GM is. This signing is difficult to understand especially if the Browns were going to use their first or fourth pick for a qb. The signing of Stanton would have made sense if the Browns didn't sign Taylor. However, this signing makes some sense if the Browns are determined not to play their drafted qb (assuming they use one of their first round picks for a qb) in his  rookie year. 

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'll take that bet. Go ahead and give me odds. He's #1, and he's #1 going away. Best QB in this draft and it isn't even close. 

I give ya this.. ya know what ya like and ya don't back down or care what the world thinks.

• Like (+1) 1