Broncos Are Shopping Trevor Siemian - Traded to MIN

Im extremely interested. For just a gap starter/mentor who would you rather have... Sam Bradford at 20 million or Trevor Siemien at 1 million. For the role we are asking Trevor makes a ton more sense when you factor in price.

• Like (+1) 1

He was one of the few QBs that Tyrod flat out beat head-to-head.

That game last year could have gone either way at the end. Tyrod was able to use his legs to move the chains on 3rd downs and extend the drives. Siemian hung in the pocket and threw it to our team twice.

No thank you.

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Im extremely interested. For just a gap starter/mentor who would you rather have... Sam Bradford at 20 million or Trevor Siemien at 1 million. For the role we are asking Trevor makes a ton more sense when you factor in price.

Don't you have to be good and have experience to be considered a mentor?

Siemian is not that good but none of these guys are that good!! They all had flaws and still got paid. Give them pick 187 in exchange for Siemian and their 7th. You will have a bridge option and your number 2 QB when the rookie is ready. That is a way better idea than throwing $12M at McCarron.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

He currently has awhile lot me experience than our alternative... McCarron.

But wouldn't you say that McCarron has more potential? I mean we know what Trevor Siemian is. There's not enough of a sample size for McCarron to be sure. Which in and of itself makes AJ more attractive as a FA. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Siemian is not that good but none of these guys are that good!! They all had flaws and still got paid. Give them pick 187 in exchange for Siemian and their 7th. You will have a bridge option and your number 2 QB when the rookie is ready. That is a way better idea than throwing $12M at McCarron.

Or the current tire fire that they have now......

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

But wouldn't you say that McCarron has more potential? I mean we know what Trevor Siemian is. There's not enough of a sample size for McCarron to be sure. Which in and of itself makes AJ more attractive as a FA. 

Would you pay AJ McCarron 6X (at least) what you would pay Siemian? That is the situation. 

Just now, BrotherChazz said:

But if the bills are drFting someone high, do they want someone who only has potential? Isnt that what the draft pick is for? They need someone who can start, and then slide into a backup role to the rookie, but able to play well enough to not throw the season away if the rookie struggles or gets hurt

Just now, BrotherChazz said:

For a year to see what he's got. Sure. 

Then we disagree. I don’t think a $20M cap hit for AJ McCarron (including the dead money) is better than $8M on Siemian (including dead money). The guy that you are drafting is going to play sooner than later. Siemian has proven that he can play .500 ball. If he is 2-2 and then you plug in Rosen that is fine. I would not, under any circumstances, overpay a bridge QB.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then we disagree. I don’t think a $20M cap hit for AJ McCarron (including the dead money) is better than $8M on Siemian (including dead money). The guy that you are drafting is going to play sooner than later. Siemian has proven that he can play .500 ball. If he is 2-2 and then you plug in Rosen that is fine. I would not, under any circumstances, overpay a bridge QB.

He's not getting anywhere near $20 Million. We have the only starting job, and apparently nobody else is willing to give him a shot at a starting job. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Sure he does but for a guy that will only start a handful of games tops... Potential doesn't matter that much. The rookie will have all the potential. Plus one will be about 6-8 million dollars cheaper... At least.

3 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

He's not getting anywhere near $20 Million. We have the only starting job, and apparently nobody else is willing to give him a shot at a starting job. 

They already have $8M dead. $12M contract equals $20M of cap space. McCown got $10M I’d imagine that is the floor for McCarron.

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Sure he does but for a guy that will only start a handful of games tops... Potential doesn't matter that much. The rookie will have all the potential. Plus one will be about 6-8 million dollars cheaper... At least.

Why doesn't potential matter? What if he lights it up? Beane is all about playing for compensatory picks. That's a possibility.

2 minutes ago, BrotherChazz said:

Why doesn't potential matter? What if he lights it up? Beane is all about playing for compensatory picks. That's a possibility.

Then we have a predicament on our hand... With McCarron and whoever the Rookie is. Do we trade McCarron/ let him go and hope we were right on the draft pick? Or do we just keep a top 5 rookie QB on the bench. Siemien is just a better fit for what we are trying to do. To be honest... I want our rookie QB to start day 1 and just have an experienced backup at the ready.

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agree. Id be ok with Siemien as an opening day starter/ bridge. Especially at that cost. Not interested in McCarron at 18-20$m per. We still don't know if AJM is even a .500 guy or if he flat sucks.