PFF's Free Agent Tracker - Who they think should sign with Buffalo

DCOrange

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Don't cross the Moats!

Can Andrew Norwell (Panthers) play RG?

If not Ritchie does have experience at RG as needed, that said Norwell likely going to be the most sought after OG in UFA and get more money than we should throw at him. 

41 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

If they add a more well rounded DE to replace Hughes, add a Lotulelie or Poe at DT, and draft a day 1 guy like Payne, I think they will get better production out of Lawson and that DL is ready to go.

What exactly does more "well rounded" even mean

He is the best pass rusher we have had in a while

He was actually good against the run this year

Dont understand why fans are so ready to get rid of talent....we should be ADDING to it...not replacing it

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

If they add a more well rounded DE to replace Hughes, add a Lotulelie or Poe at DT, and draft a day 1 guy like Payne, I think they will get better production out of Lawson and that DL is ready to go.

i think they'd keep hughes and let him develop behind the end in the rotation. cutting hughes does save almost 5 mil but i think it'd be worth to keep him another year and hope shaq can replace him after this season. 

6 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

I'm expecting more draft picks, fewer FA on defense.  They need to get younger and faster.

Many FAs are 25 or so. I’m ok with one rookie but I’d rather have guys in their prime. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

i think they'd keep hughes and let him develop behind the end in the rotation. cutting hughes does save almost 5 mil but i think it'd be worth to keep him another year and hope shaq can replace him after this season. 

I would like to keep Hughes as well 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I believe Shaq may be on the trading block per Bills Fanatics. 

Edited by ndirish1978

Last year we rebuilt our secondary in free agency and this year I think the plan is rebuild the front 7. Sign Lotulelei in FA and draft a DT, maybe Harrison Phillips. Sign one of Ziggy Ansah, Demarcus Lawrence, or Robert Quinn. I don't know much about the LBs available in draft/FA but if we can also get at least one good starter there we'd be in very good shape on defense next year.

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Taking this post from the Bills sub-reddit:

Here's the link for those that have a PFF subscription and can read it:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2018-nfl-free-agency-tracker

For those that don't have it, PFF publishes a massive PDF breaking down all the free agents-to-be, and part of their breakdown is pairing them up with the team they believe the player is the best fit for. The exact methodology is as follows:

Each unrestricted free agent has been given an ideal team to land with in free agency. This does not necessarily mean that each of those teams should be pursuing every one of those free agents, but rather that each of those players matches what those teams do from a schematic or stylistic point of view. Salary cap space and roster construction has also been factored in when looking at those ideal team fits, and they reflect the most sensible landing spot for each player in isolation, not as a complete team shopping list for the free agency period as a whole.

The end result is the following list of players for Buffalo, in order of the positions listed in the guide:

• RB Damien Williams
  • FB Derrick Coleman
  • WR John Brown
  • WR Andre Roberts
  • TE Jeff Cumberland
  • OT Austin Pasztor
  • DT Daequan Jones
  • DT Kyle Williams
  • DE Ezekiel Ansah
  • DE Arthur Moats
  • LB Bruce Carter
  • CB EJ Gaines

YUCK!!! No thanks to everyone except Kyle - obviously, Ansah is ok but not at the money he'll want, and of course Gaines. Everyone else, there's the door...thanks for coming.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

At the right price Ziggy Ansah would be of interest. 

I think we could be serious contenders for Ziggy, Hughes is Soo much better than the numbers imo. He just didn't have any consistentcy on the other side, all his pressures could roll right and escape. You got Lawson in the mix too , so we instantly have a very good DE group. Go DT in the draft, DE in FA . 

Great fit from a scheme/talent standpoint, I'd be lying if I said I knew about his work ethic and if he fits the mentality,but I'm all in with this front office,their decision making has won me over already , after some brutal years

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Imo we should have kept Zach Brown, thought he would have been a great fit and signed with Washington pretty cheap

He had a fundamental disagreement with how the staff wanted to use him, from what I understand.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Cumberland

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Outside of Gaines and Ansah, not a very inspiring list of difference makers.

You probably said the same when they got Poyer last year. J. Brown and D. Jones would be quality impact players for the team. Would leave the team to need to draft LB/OL/QB as major needs

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

They may not think Buffalo needs a QB; they've graded Tyrod out as an above average starter each of the last 3 years. Can't say for certain though; could also be a case where they just think Buffalo will get a QB in the draft.

Don't tell the Bills about Tyrod.  They might get ideas (sarcasm).

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Taking this post from the Bills sub-reddit:

Here's the link for those that have a PFF subscription and can read it:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2018-nfl-free-agency-tracker

For those that don't have it, PFF publishes a massive PDF breaking down all the free agents-to-be, and part of their breakdown is pairing them up with the team they believe the player is the best fit for. The exact methodology is as follows:

Each unrestricted free agent has been given an ideal team to land with in free agency. This does not necessarily mean that each of those teams should be pursuing every one of those free agents, but rather that each of those players matches what those teams do from a schematic or stylistic point of view. Salary cap space and roster construction has also been factored in when looking at those ideal team fits, and they reflect the most sensible landing spot for each player in isolation, not as a complete team shopping list for the free agency period as a whole.

The end result is the following list of players for Buffalo, in order of the positions listed in the guide:

• RB Damien Williams
  • FB Derrick Coleman
  • WR John Brown
  • WR Andre Roberts
  • TE Jeff Cumberland
  • OT Austin Pasztor
  • DT Daequan Jones
  • DT Kyle Williams
  • DE Ezekiel Ansah
  • DE Arthur Moats
  • LB Bruce Carter
  • CB EJ Gaines