Ken Dorsey to the Bills?

CLTbills

57 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

The rumor was that the Chiefs were not going to retain Culley when they made the change to Nagy(and in fact a few long time Reid guys were not retained last year).  I doubt that he is going to go with him to the Bears with Herzlich now the OC.  Just doesn't seem like a fit.

I could see both Castillo and Culley winding up on Pat Shurmur's staff in NY.  They both have obvious ties to him.

Our gain would be the Giants' loss. :P

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

You'll just be trading miserable in the winter for miserable in the summer.  I have a lot of relatives in South Carolina. They literally are held prisoner by Air Conditioning from 10AM to 6PM from May through September...not my kind of life...

It really is just a couple weeks in July and all of August, but the heat and humidity are BRUTAL!!

1 hour ago, BrooklynBills said:

The rumor was that the Chiefs were not going to retain Culley when they made the change to Nagy(and in fact a few long time Reid guys were not retained last year).  I doubt that he is going to go with him to the Bears with Herzlich now the OC.  Just doesn't seem like a fit.

I could see both Castillo and Culley winding up on Pat Shurmur's staff in NY.  They both have obvious ties to him.

i don't care about any coaching move more than getting rid of castillo.

• Like (+1) 1

You'll just be trading miserable in the winter for miserable in the summer.  I have a lot of relatives in South Carolina. They literally are held prisoner by Air Conditioning from 10AM to 6PM from May through September...not my kind of life...

You don’t have to shovel sunshine or undercoat your car against it?

Although last year the summer was scorching hot where I live in WNY and this winter has been brutal. Spring and fall are great in NY, usually summer is decent too, hopefully we can have more 78° days with a nice breeze. ;)

Yeah I lived in northern Florida for a while and the summers were absolutely brutal! 

100(+) degrees and humid as !@#$. People literally had to walk around with sweat rags... we had plastic furniture we left outside that started to deform... lol. 

Like you said, I didn't want to leave the a/c. 

Plus there's lots more bugs and stuff like that, since they can live there year round. Taking a walk in the woods was a whole new ordeal, with not having grown up there (so I didn't know the different plants, animals, bugs etc to watch out for).

Lots of spiders, poisonous ones too, like brown recluses (who will leave a hole in you if they bite) and black widows. They had to spray my place once a month to keep them under control. Fire ants. Love bugs that glue themselves to your car and don't come off. Mosquitoes like crazy, and the list goes on... 

Oh and CHIGGERS. I had no idea what these even were until I walked through a patch of long grass and was miserable for the next week+ with little tiny bugs imbedded under my skin. 

I almost had a damn alligator eat my dog, too! (I lived right on the St. John's river).  

There was a lot to like about living down south, but the summer heat was not one of those things. I honestly don't miss it. I like the change of seasons. 

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah. It's pretty freaking brutal from Mid-June through the end of August. I went to the Bills game here in week two. Good god it was awful.

Sunday’s are spent in the pool with a cold summer lager.... or three?

When we moved here 20 years ago, pool season was end of April till end oz September. Now it’s end of May till Labor Day. Once the highs are only in the 80s it’s too cold.

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

hmmmm...if he was doing so great with Cam I wonder why they fired him (not being an a$$, truly wondering)...I didn't know he was well regarding or credited for Cam's "development" so I guess I will have to take your word for it 

Norv Turner is the QB whisperer hire so Dorsey is expendable. 

Regarding Cam, imo, Cam is streaky and seems to play well when interested and awful sometimes when not. Dorsey should have improved him past that in four years or Cam isn’t buying in. Is it Cam? Is it Dorsey? 

29 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

It really is just a couple weeks in July and all of August, but the heat and humidity are BRUTAL!!

Ehh..not really...they live near Columbia, which is literally the hottest place in the South on average h in the summer due to the "fish bowl" topography that ends up heating things up there...the average high in July is 95...thats average...its hotter than that a lot...averages in June and August are like 92 and 93...May and September are usually like half high 80s and half 90s...

Its too much for me...of course like dumbasses we went to visit one summer because we already had a trip planned over the kids winter break somewhere(when we usually go and its like 60s or 70s) and wouldn't you know it, we ended up being there when they set the all-time record high for state of 109...at one of the kid museums in Downtown Columbia that day...we came outside and I literally couldnt touch the steering wheel it burned my hands...had to sit there with the doors opena nd AC running for about 15 minutes...

Also ended up taking a trip to Philly a few years ago and had an excessive heat warning the entire time we were there that week with temps between 95 and 102...I really know how to pick my times to go places in the summer...

But to the original point...thanks but no thanks...you keep your heat, thunderstorms every day in the summer that makes it more humid and does nothing to cool it off, tornadoes and gators down there....I'm good up here.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Devils advocate: What has he done?

Newton, Ponder and Webb.

I’m a big Cam fan but he has been infuriating at times with piss poor mechanics.

Not sure what Dorsey actually Brings to the table?

Some NFL QB coaches don't teach mechanics at all.  Instead they focus the QB on understanding the offense and then understanding the defense he's playing against.

Somewhere I read that Daboll was this kind of QB coach with the Jets back in the day.  He was brilliant with X's and O's and film study but brought nothing to the table regarding mechanics.  

Though you'd expect Dorsey - an ex QB - to have a good knowledge of mechanics and be able to teach it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Not for nothing but at 6pm you get to go outside......here at 6pm you turn up the heat a little more - you are literally held hostage all day long and all night long.  I have yet to meet that person who shovels heat and scrapes humidity off their windshield.......this perma winter from November till April is not MY kind of life.....it truly is different folks, different strokes.

GO BILLS!

Edited by Kwai San
wording
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm in Carolina, but in Wilmington on the coast.  Huge difference, would not want t olive down here inland!!  Almost every day by around 3:00 the sea breeze kicks up and even on 100 degree days, can go walk on the beach in comfort in the evening with the breeze blowing.  It's also a much shorter period of brutal heat compared to Florida, most years up until Memorial Day , not bad to be outside and again after Labor Day not too bad either. My house is about 3 miles from the ocean,  and while the sea breeze is great on the beach, still too hot to walk around the neighborhood, but beach is great.  Sea breeze also keeps things a little warmer in the winter than inland.

I also was at the Bills game in Charlotte and agree it was hot on the sun side of the stadium and temp were a bit below normal too, but again that's inland.

FWIW - Ken Dorsey is a very bright guy who excelled at the QB position in college without having an elite arm. 

Based on what I know of him, I suspect that Dorsey is a very good coach and would be a great hire.  I also suspect that Dorsey will end up being an OC at some point in his career.

Disclaimer: I am a Canes fan, but I do believe that Dorsey would be a good coach.

4 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Not for nothing but at 6pm you get to go outside......here at 6pm you turn up the heat a little more - you are literally held hostage all day long and all night long.  I have yet to meet that person who shovels heat and scrapes humidity off their windshield.......this perma winter from November till April is not MY kind of life.....it truly is different folks, different strokes.

GO BILLS!

Thing I noticed down here, up in WNY in the winter time your windows will get all fogged up on the inside.  Depending on how good your windows are, the temps may need to get down close to zero before fogging up with good windows.  Here the windows fog up on the outside in the early morning hours in July. Second thing, I've noticed when I get to work and step out of the car, my glasses often will fog up, again something that never happened up north.  

Humidity is bad down here, but comfortable on the beach. 

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Really?  I know it's hot but it's nothing that keeps me inside.  I'm more active in the summer brutal heat more than any other time of the year.

My wife and I go hiking at Stone Mountain or Kennesaw Mountain mid day in July and August.  The sweat makes you feel good.

I actually like to workout in that heat.  I have adjustable dumbbells that I'll bring outside onto my patio to workout.

I use a reel lawnmower and a manual edger all summer long.  Just drink a lot of water.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cam was the MVP of the league 2 years ago?

Also, asked another way, what has Culley done as a QB coach? It certainly is an upgrade.

Is Newton a significantly different player now than he was at Auburn?  How did Dorsey change him.

19 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

GO BILLS!

People act like Buffalo is Siberia...give me a damn break. You want cold? Go to the upper Midwest...go to Watertown,NY...places where is routinely gets 30, 40 below zero(without the wind chill)...places you have to plug in your engines so the block doesnt crack...places that are so cold your fingers literally hurt when you try and grab something.

Sorry...average highs of 31 and lows of 18 just are not that cold...do we have cold days? Maybe a week or week and a half? Yeah but we also get thaw outs too...

Edited by matter2003

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

People act like Buffalo is Siberia...give me a damn break. You want cold? Go to the upper Midwest...go to Watertown,NY...places where is routinely gets 30, 40 below zero(without the wind chill)...places you have to plug in your engines so the block doesnt crack...places that are so cold your fingers literally hurt when you try and grab something.

Sorry...average highs of 31 and lows of 18 just are not that cold...do we have cold days? Maybe a week or week and a half? Yeah but we also get thaw outs too...

I grew up in Minnesota and that's cold.  It doesn't snow as much as Buffalo but it's cold cold for about 6-7 weeks a year.  Bone chilling cold.

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is Newton a significantly different player now than he was at Auburn?  How did Dorsey change him.

Significantly different? I don’t know. I do know that he was the league MVP under Dorsey though. It’s a bit of an unfair question. We have no idea how much or little any coach impacts a particular player. All that we have to judge on are the results. Cam won a league MVP and has been a pretty good QB without top end weapons around him. That’s a positive for Dorsey IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 hours ago, CLTbills said:

OK, so I'm not going to make a Dunkirk Don style prediction here because I don't have his "inside sources".... But I live in Charlotte. Just had a client who lives in Dorsey's neighborhood (same neighborhood Coach McD lived in when he was here) and is fairly close with the Dorsey's. She saw my Bills cup on my desk this morning and said it sounds like they're coming to Buffalo. Wife isn't happy about the cold, haha. It'll be interesting to see. 

Can't say I'll be surprised, nor will anybody. What are your thoughts? I know I've seen some posts on here that some guys would like to have him if we're going to draft a young QB.

Pretty sure he is signing with Atlanta, at least that's what Dan Quinn says.

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I grew up in Minnesota and that's cold.  It doesn't snow as much as Buffalo but it's cold cold for about 6-7 weeks a year.  Bone chilling cold.

Makes a person wonder how Canadians get along.

54 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah places like Duluth and International Falls are no joke..even places like North Dakota and South Dakota...

The lake helps keep us warmer even as it dumps snow on us...

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Sunday’s are spent in the pool with a cold summer lager.... or three?

When we moved here 20 years ago, pool season was end of April till end oz September. Now it’s end of May till Labor Day. Once the highs are only in the 80s it’s too cold.

Norv Turner is the QB whisperer hire so Dorsey is expendable. 

Regarding Cam, imo, Cam is streaky and seems to play well when interested and awful sometimes when not. Dorsey should have improved him past that in four years or Cam isn’t buying in. Is it Cam? Is it Dorsey? 

Where are you at in the Charlotte area?

It sounded like there would still be some shake up to the offensive staff when McD was talking yesterday.

Dorsey should not be the QB coach though.  There are better options out there including Shula.

57 minutes ago, KevinMassare said:

Pretty sure he is signing with Atlanta, at least that's what Dan Quinn says.

What would he do with Atlanta?  They hired Knapp as QB coach

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Really?  I know it's hot but it's nothing that keeps me inside.  I'm more active in the summer brutal heat more than any other time of the year.

My wife and I go hiking at Stone Mountain or Kennesaw Mountain mid day in July and August.  The sweat makes you feel good.

I actually like to workout in that heat.  I have adjustable dumbbells that I'll bring outside onto my patio to workout.

I use a reel lawnmower and a manual edger all summer long.  Just drink a lot of water.

Parts of South Carolina are a different animal. Columbia may very well be the hottest place in the US if you combine temp humidity and lack of wind. However as stated above about Wilmington the coast is almost always pleasant. 

9 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Parts of South Carolina are a different animal. Columbia may very well be the hottest place in the US if you combine temp humidity and lack of wind. However as stated above about Wilmington the coast is almost always pleasant. 

My parents live near Wilimington and go to Wrightsville Beach and Kure Beach often....I've down in the middle of summer (going again this year) and it is hotter than a witch's tit! I've also lived in Valdosta and Quitman, GA,  middle of the state about 45 minutes to an hour from the Florida border, and if there's a hotter, more humid place...it has to be Africa. Seriously, unbelievably hot in the summer months...I worked contracting, my first job at 15 down there, hanging sheet-rock on the second floor of a loft / garage, woof....anyways, Wilmington is beautiful and I would retire there or Charleston when the day and time come, but right now I like living in Central New York. 

However, on topic, I would like the Ken Dorsey hire if the Bills hire him...however, I would REALLY love if the Bills found a spot for Darrell Bevell (and of course he wanted to come to Buffalo) on their staff. That to me, would be epic. 

Edited by BigBuff423

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

My parents live near Wilimington and go to Wrightsville Beach and Kure Beach often....I've down in the middle of summer (going again this year) and it is hotter than a witch's tit! I've also lived in Valdosta and Quitman, GA,  middle of the state about 45 minutes to an hour from the Florida border, and if there's a hotter, more humid place...it has to be Africa. Seriously, unbelievably hot in the summer months...I worked contracting, my first job at 15 down there, hanging sheet-rock on the second floor of a loft / garage, woof....anyways, Wilmington is beautiful and I would retire there or Charleston when the day and time come, but right now I like living in Central New York. 

I went to Kure beach last year. I LOVED it. Wilmington was awesome too. Weather was perfect (late July/early August). Not too hot, no rain. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm in Carolina, but in Wilmington on the coast.  Huge difference, would not want t olive down here inland!!  Almost every day by around 3:00 the sea breeze kicks up and even on 100 degree days, can go walk on the beach in comfort in the evening with the breeze blowing.  It's also a much shorter period of brutal heat compared to Florida, most years up until Memorial Day , not bad to be outside and again after Labor Day not too bad either. My house is about 3 miles from the ocean,  and while the sea breeze is great on the beach, still too hot to walk around the neighborhood, but beach is great.  Sea breeze also keeps things a little warmer in the winter than inland.

I also was at the Bills game in Charlotte and agree it was hot on the sun side of the stadium and temp were a bit below normal too, but again that's inland.

No way man, I live in Wilmington too, well really close, we just moved to Hampstead from Wilmington about a year ago.  Love it here...  Like you said the beach makes all the difference, 100+ degree days on the beach are not bad at all with the breeze that you get.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

No way man, I live in Wilmington too, well really close, we just moved to Hampstead from Wilmington about a year ago.  Love it here...  Like you said the beach makes all the difference, 100+ degree days on the beach are not bad at all with the breeze that you get.

Have you been to Indochine restaurant? It's a mix of Vietnamese - Thai cuisine....honestly, some of the best damn food I've ever had. And, it's got a great vibe. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I went to Kure beach last year. I LOVED it. Wilmington was awesome too. Weather was perfect (late July/early August). Not too hot, no rain. 

Wilmington area has a phenomenal presence to it as a region...it has some college atmosphere, historical culture, and invigorated development. My parents live in Leland, about 10 minutes from Wilmington, and they've built about 10,000 new homes, miles and miles of hundreds of acres of commercial development across the road from him (road being 4 lane highway)....in 17 years. 

6 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Have you been to Indochine restaurant? It's a mix of Vietnamese - Thai cuisine....honestly, some of the best damn food I've ever had. And, it's got a great vibe. 

Indochine!!  First restaurant we went to when we moved here!!  So good and sooo much food!!

And actually Guy Fieri is in Downtown Wilmington today checking out some of the other places for his show.

Edited by BillsInWilmingtonNC
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

Indochine!!  First restaurant we went to when we moved here!!  So good and sooo much food!!

That's the truth!! I can't remember the name of the dish, but when the family and I went to visit my parents in September, my father got this dish that Chinese sausage in it....oh....my....God!! It was unbelievable.

Sweet and Savory, my favorite dessert place! And at some point a few years ago, they changed their chef or cooking staff, because for years their shrimp and grits were quite frankly, just beyond words.....but then they made some changes and their menu food is still good, but not as good as it once was which is disappointing but still offer the most incredible desserts. Key lime pie!!! :D

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

I know hot.  I lived in Atlanta for awhile and played baseball all the way through college.

The hottest place I've ever played was University of South Alabama or FAU in Boca Raton.  

I've been to Columbia several times because a plant I supported (I'm in HR) was in Columbia.  

I also lived in Phoenix for a year.  Different heat but still hot.

Extreme temps just never really bothered me.  I've lived in extreme cold in Minnesota and extreme hot in the south and southwest....I just get used to it.  I'm an outdoors guy and weather never keeps me inside unless it's a natural disaster.  

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Yeah. It's pretty freaking brutal from Mid-June through the end of August. I went to the Bills game here in week two. Good god it was awful.

To my wife there is no such thing as brutal summer weather.

Edited by PromoTheRobot