Todd Haley Headed to the Browns as the New OC

Just such a mistake IMO. The guy just got canned because he couldn't do enough with the 3 B's and now your expecting him to maximize a crappy Cleveland roster. Some of the analytics people I read spoke of how he was very arrogant with his scheme believing the talent of his players out weighed actual game plan which showed in big moments. Add in the guy is a straight up d*ck to people and it just seems like a disaster in the making.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, corta765 said:

Just such a mistake IMO. The guy just got canned because he couldn't do enough with the 3 B's and now your expecting him to maximize a crappy Cleveland roster. Some of the analytics people I read spoke of how he was very arrogant with his scheme believing the talent of his players out weighed actual game plan which showed in big moments. Add in the guy is a straight up d*ck to people and it just seems like a disaster in the making.

They put up 42 points on a team that just held NE down. His attitude is his problem, not his scheme. 

I'd say it's a good pick up but until they find a better HC I'm not sure anything matters.

He got fired because he was not on speaking terms with Big Ben and they had a person who would relay information. Reports were calling them a buffer. He also dropped what on the jags he didn't lose job because of performance he lost it because he is a head case and wears people thin 

not saying this is a good hire

just he was putting up numbers in Pitt 

That's not at all why he got canned. He's quite the acerbic person and that grates on people to the point where his welcome is eventually worn out.  The relationship between him and Big Ben became untenable and he was of course is out. 

1 hour ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Wow, that’s all I can say. The Browns are ridiculous. Plus the Steelers D practiced against Haley’s scheme every day, and the Browns play them twice a year. 

This point is well taken.

Browns are working hard at stupid.
I could be way off base but for now I rest my case

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's not at all why he got canned. He's quite the acerbic person and that grates on people to the point where his welcome is eventually worn out.  The relationship between him and Big Ben became untenable and he was of course is out. 

Are you suggesting that he would be a good candidate to being a prolific poster on TBD? :)

11 hours ago, Commonsense said:

They put up 42 points on a team that just held NE down. His attitude is his problem, not his scheme. 

I'd say it's a good pick up but until they find a better HC I'm not sure anything matters.

Two 4th down bombs and a garbage time TD when Jax was in their typical "try not to lose" 4th quarter mode.  That was a deceptive 42 points.

It's actually difficult for an OC to fail when you're handed Big Ben, Bell, Brown, and the rest of that offense.

48 minutes ago, eball said:

Two 4th down bombs and a garbage time TD when Jax was in their typical "try not to lose" 4th quarter mode.  That was a deceptive 42 points.

It's actually difficult for an OC to fail when you're handed Big Ben, Bell, Brown, and the rest of that offense.

yeah the chips fell well for them... Bell and Brown weren't super highly regarded coming out .  the draft is a crapshoot after round 1. 

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...misery loves company.......first they hire Grigson, the Colts castoff and now Mr Personality........Todd vs Hugh in a MMA match may be worth the popcorn.....stay tuned............

This situation certainly seems like it has the potential to just completely blow up. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

42 points no defensive touchdowns. 42 points is indeed 42 points. That is not failing. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

42 points no defensive touchdowns. 42 points is indeed 42 points. That is not failing. 

You do understand that there are nuances to everything, correct?  The Steelers did not run up and down the field on the Jags; they had some extremely fortunate results and scored half of those 42 points in the 4th quarter when the Jags were doing their best "play not to lose" impersonation.

I'm not saying Haley stinks; I'm also not praising him as a miracle worker given the tools he had to work with.

9 minutes ago, eball said:

You do understand that there are nuances to everything, correct?  The Steelers did not run up and down the field on the Jags; they had some extremely fortunate results and scored half of those 42 points in the 4th quarter when the Jags were doing their best "play not to lose" impersonation.

I'm not saying Haley stinks; I'm also not praising him as a miracle worker given the tools he had to work with.

Where is anyone calling him a miracle worker? The bottom line is they put up 42 points in an elimination game and when the offense brought Pitt back within one score the defense failed to stop the Jags, IIRC this happened twice in the 4th quarter alone.

42 is good enough to win, if you want to call it deceptive fine.

I don't think there is any confusion on why Haley is leaving Pittsburgh.