The Teddy Bridgewater Thread

Rigotz

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Teddy and rookie QB acquired through tradeup >>> the QB purgatory crew

You want Bridgewater and hate Tyrod?

You know Bridgewater is pretty much like Tyrod, right?

In an average season he has slightly more passing yards, less TD passes, less rushing yards, and turns the ball over more than TT. He does have a better record than TT at 17-11, but that can be contributed to a very solid defence with good coaching.

I am not trolling you for the record, just brought those stats to your attention in case you were unaware. 

I understand his upside his higher. But as of right now he is not an upgrade over TT, especially since he hasn't played in almost 3 years.

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

In an average season he has slightly more passing yards, less TD passes, less rushing yards, and turns the ball over more than TT. He does have a better record than TT at 17-11, but that can be contributed to a very solid defence with good coaching.

I am not trolling you for the record, just brought those stats to your attention in case you were unaware. 

I understand his upside his higher. But as of right now he is not an upgrade over TT, especially since he hasn't played in almost 3 years.

Actually no, if you watch them play they are not alike. Teddy is an accurate pocket passer, kind of a dink and dunk guy.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Ill take bridge.  He can throw the routine passes better than Tyrod imo.  

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Price would be the big selling point. I'm ok with Bridgewater. I won't say he is a better player than Taylor, but price wise he is a good option. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually no, if you watch them play they are not alike. Teddy is an accurate pocket passer, kind of a dink and dunk guy.

I wasn't comparing their style of play. I was basically saying he is not really an upgrade as of right now

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Ill take bridge.  He can throw the routine passes better than Tyrod imo.  

Ya I would agree with that. He is more of an accurate passer

Edited by billsfan11

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I wasn't comparing their overall style of plays. I was basically saying he is not really an upgrade as of right now

That doesn’t really make sense. How do you know he wouldn’t be an upgrade? Comparing stats from two different teams and points in time? You need to look at their skill sets and project toward Daboll’s offense.

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Price would be the big selling point. I'm ok with Bridgewater. I won't say he is a better player than Taylor, but price wise he is a good option. 

Are there reports to how much money Bridgewater is going to get? I am actually pretty curious

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That doesn’t really make sense. How do you know he wouldn’t be an upgrade? Comparing stats from two different teams and points in time? You need to look at their skill sets and project toward Daboll’s offense.

You also need to realize that his production was not good, and he's coming off a catastrophic knee injury. It's completely possible that he never even gets back to where he was, which wasn't all that impressive to begin with.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How does that not make sense? I literally listed like 5 different stats, are we just supposed to ignore that? Of course every team has different circumstances, but stats are obviously going to be factored in when measuring different players on different teams. 

I have watched Bridgewater play and I don't see anything special out of him. And the mediocre stats back it up.

Like I said he has a higher ceiling. But his first two years as a starter were not impressive.

Like I also said, he hasn't played in almost 3 years.

I don't want a QB who was average at best 3 years ago as the bridge QB. I don't see that as an upgrade over TT in my opinion.

Edited by billsfan11

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You also need to realize that his production was not good, and he's coming off a catastrophic knee injury. It's completely possible that he never even gets back to where he was, which wasn't all that impressive to begin with.

His play was ok for a 2nd year player. He reminds me a lot of Bradford. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

5 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

How does that not make sense? I literally listed like 5 different stats, are we just supposed to ignore that? Of course every team has different circumstances, but stats are obviously going to be factored in when measuring different players on different teams. 

I have watched Bridgewater play and I don't see anything special out of him. And the mediocre stats back it up.

Like I said he has a higher ceiling. But his first two years as a starter were not impressive.

Like I also said, he hasn't played in almost 3 years.

I don't want a QB who was average at best 3 years ago as the bridge QB. I don't see that as an upgrade over TT in my opinion.

The stat that isn’t captured are the throws Tyrod doesn’t make. The plays left on the field. The time spent holding the ball. These stats, unless captured with the same scheme, players and opponents are not able to tell me whether one would be an upgrade over the other next season. People may throw stats out a lot but that never tells the whole story about any player. For example of course Teddy had fewer rushing yards. He is a pocket passer. I don’t know whether he would be an upgrade but the stats don’t show me he wouldn’t be. Teddy’s skill set fits more of what NE passing offense has run over the years and minus knowing what Daboll will do exactly, that’s where he comes from. 

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The stat that isn’t captured are the throws Tyrod doesn’t make. The plays left on the field. The time spent holding the ball. These stats, unless captured with the same scheme, players and opponents are not able to tell me whether one would be an upgrade over the other next season. People may throw stats out a lot but that never tells the whole story about any player. For example of course Teddy had fewer rushing yards. He is a pocket passer. I don’t know whether he would be an upgrade but the stats don’t show me he wouldn’t be. Teddy’s skill set fits more of what NE passing offense has run over the years and minus knowing what Daboll will do exactly, that’s where he comes from. 

You are definitely right in saying stats don't tell the whole story, but at the end of the day stats do equal production for the most part, so you must factor that in when evaluating a player.

He makes more plays than TT but he also makes more mistakes than him.

Now I am of course not an expert in knowing Daboll's offence (I know it a bit), and I am not an expert in knowing if Bridgewater would be an amazing fit for it. So I will defer that point to you if you believe Bridgewater would be a solid fit there.

I was basing my opinion on three things. Watching Bridgewater play, his lack of production, and him not playing for 3 years. 

Those three things in my opinion, leads me to believe that he won't be an upgrade over TT.

Maybe I am wrong and he lights in up and is a good fit with Daboll. Hard to say now and no one really knows of course.

We'll probably have to agree to disagree on this one

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 2

Replacing TT with Bridgewater would be such a bizarre move--there would be no way Dabol (or McPecs) would say---"THAT'S the guy who will run our offense!"

A pocket passer who's a liability if he has to run (less than 100 rushes in 2 seasons, yet has taken 83 sacks).  A pocket passer who has fumbled 11 times and has 22 ints (vs 28 TDS passing).  His 7.2 YPA looks prettier than TT's 7.1?

So he should come here because he can hit the dink/dunk or checkdown receiver?  Sounds fabulous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I like Bridgewater a lot, but I think if you sign him, you are signing the quarterback of the present and future. He is still really young, so he could be your guy for the next ten years. IMO, if you draft him, you punt on this year's draft class. If Bridgewater gets hurt again, you are looking to teh draft next year. He is going to go to whichever team is going to make him teh guy.  

I do not think that the Bills will do that. I could see someone like Arizona or the Jets making that type of move. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Bridgewater a lot, but I think if you sign him, you are signing the quarterback of the present and future. He is still really young, so he could be your guy for the next ten years. IMO, if you draft him, you punt on this year's draft class. If Bridgewater gets hurt again, you are looking to teh draft next year. He is going to go to whichever team is going to make him teh guy.  

I do not think that the Bills will do that. I could see someone like Arizona or the Jets making that type of move. 

I would definitely draft one no matter which qb is signed 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, I'm Spartacus said:

I'm thinking his severe injury should have forced him to retire, it was that bad.

If he had an amazing rehab this past year, and get back to form we should bring him in for a look-see.

The coach was acting like he saw someone get their head blown off. i destroyed my knee but i dont even want to think about his

8 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I wasn't comparing their style of play. I was basically saying he is not really an upgrade as of right now

Ya I would agree with that. He is more of an accurate passer

Teddy is an upgrade for the simple fact that he is not afraid to throw the ball. I can see two former Louisville QBs on the Bills roster

If this staff thinks he is an upgrade - and is medically cleared....  then go for it.

I think he'll have a reasonable contract - probably incentive laden - and that plays right in to the cap equation.  Bring him in to compete with whatever group we have in training camp with the new OC.  The only real question mark with him I have is the medical clearance - and making sure he can do what you want to do as an offense.

9 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

more passing yards, less TD passes, less rushing yards and turns the ball over more than TT- and you say they are similar?  And to add, Bridgewater is a pocket passer,  much younger too.  Something that we're missing here?

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Much like Teddy's knee? 0:)

ouch.
amazing he has come back this far. Have to give him a boatload of credit for his hard work focus and faith to carry him to this point.

But seems Teams might have a hard time trusting his knee health. even before considering his potential as a still developing QB.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Are there reports to how much money Bridgewater is going to get? I am actually pretty curious

10 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Probably in the $12 million per year range. 

I just noticed Spotrac finally has a market value for TB.

10.9 million average for 3 years.

I can't see too much guaranteed with his injury, maybe 12 or so.

Not bad, a team could get out of in a year if they wanted to.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/teddy-bridgewater-14441/market-value/

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

more passing yards, less TD passes, less rushing yards and turns the ball over more than TT- and you say they are similar?  And to add, Bridgewater is a pocket passer,  much younger too.  Something that we're missing here?

I’m not too sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me to be honest.

They have different styles but I mean in terms of overall production so far in their career, there isn’t much of a difference.

TT does a few things better, but Bridgewater does a few things better as well.

On 2/27/2018 at 8:04 PM, Mat68 said:

I would be curious as to which area they see him as an uograde over Taylor.  It think If you fot Talor level consistency out of him you would be happy.  

Hmm this is a pretty tough question. Gonna go out on a limb and say Teddy can read a defense.

I think this is the exact kind of guy that this front office is looking for in FA (for all positions) coming off a down or injured year, question marks will make the cheaper/affordable and has a high ceiling/upside that they hope the player will be able to get back to.

Ideally, you get someone like him that is still young and can develop while taking over the starter spot allowing them to keep most of their picks to use elsewhere and hopefully still get one of the better qbs outside of the top ten that won't be rushed into the starter role immediately.

The key is how the doctors check out his knee and if they feel it's all good.

10 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

Hmm this is a pretty tough question. Gonna go out on a limb and say Teddy can read a defense.

Last full year starting Teddy passed for 3200 yards 14 tds and 7 ints.  Seems like Taylor production minus the running ability and more ints.  Again where is the improvement?