The Teddy Bridgewater Thread

Rigotz

I'm surprised to see fans clamoring for Alex Smith when there's a 25 year old QB out there who threw for 3,000 yards and made the pro bowl within his first two seasons.

Oh, and if his contract isn't tolled, he doesn't cost us the 2nd round or 3rd round pick that we would have to give up for Alex Smith.

Higher upside... we get to keep ALL of our picks ....why is nobody talking about Teddy Bridgewater?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I'm surprised to see fans clamoring for Alex Smith when there's a 25 year old QB out there who threw for 3,000 yards and made the pro bowl within his first two seasons.

Oh, and if his contract isn't tolled, he doesn't cost us the 2nd round or 3rd round pick that we would have to give up for Alex Smith.

Higher upside... we get to keep ALL of our picks ....why is nobody talking about Teddy Bridgewater?

They have been---in other threads.

The bottom line--he is a younger, more fragile TT, but infinitely less mobile.

14 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would rather hope for AJ McCarron to be a FA or trade a 3rd rd pick for McCarron

I could see McCarron passing for 26 TD's and 3,900 yards with 12 INT's easily.

You overlooked the #1 reason to bring in AJ McCarron...

webb-12.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

This is a tough one.

I absolutely loved Bridgewater in college. Thought he was an accurate, pure pocket passer who could dissect defenses and that the Vikings had the steal of the 2014 Draft. 

Had an okay rookie season but I was underwhelmed by his play in 2015 despite being voted to the Pro Bowl. He didn't improve nearly as much as I thought he would. But I still anticipated that he would take another leap in his third season in 2016.

If he passes all physicals and medical exams, he's worth bringing in at a reasonable price. But I can't help but shake that feeling that he's not as good as I thought he'd be.