GDT: Jax at Pitt

John in Jax

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you spend both time outs before the two minute warning then the Jags have a free pass/run play on 3rd down knowing the two minute warning stops the clock regardless.Ā Ā 

Also a first there ends it, while saving the timeouts buys a liiiiitle bit of flexibility in exchange for just a couple secondsĀ 

Just now, unclepete said:

Bortles got spotted 21Ā points. Our D is nowhere near thatĀ Jax D. IĀ lived In Jax for a while and watched them a lot. Tyrod notĀ good but Bortles is terrible. He had a solid game but letā€™s not get carried away.Ā 

Nah, I'm good with what I said. He's not good. He's a better game manager who can step up when needed.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you spend both time outs before the two minute warning then the Jags have a free pass/run play on 3rd down knowing the two minute warning stops the clock regardless.Ā Ā 

It wouldn't have got to the 2 minute warning...average run takes 5Ā seconds and it was at 2:18...they would have had 2:07 or 2:08 on 3rd down...if they threw incomplete the Steelers would have the ball with one play before the 2 minute warning

Edited by matter2003

Just now, NoSaint said:

Still like the onside kick. Terrible kick though. Goes 10 yards and you get an extra shot at a possession and the 10 yards Jax would have needed to kick a fg loses the game on a deep kick anyway.

Ā 

If I was coaching, I wouldn't call an onside kick there in a million years.

Ā 

Kick it deep and call your time outs before the 2 minute warning.

Ā 

Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It wouldn't have got to the 2 minute warning...average run takes 5Ā seconds and it was at 2:18...they would have had 2:07 or 2:08 on 3rd down...if they threw incomplete the Steelers would have the ball with one play before the 2 minute warning

You can argue either way.Ā  You're taking a chance in assuming there's only 5 seconds per play.

Brown needs to get out of bounds there.Ā  Cut him.

Just now, /dev/null said:

poor coaching here.Ā  needed 10 points there.Ā  should have kicked FG at 49 seconds and done the onsides

Yeah.Ā  The coaching decisions by Tomlin have been horrible today.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, /dev/null said:

poor coaching here.Ā  needed 10 points there.Ā  should have kicked FG at 49 seconds and done the onsides

Ā 

They got too close to just kick the field goal. The potential grounding did them in.

Jacksonville is going to get absolutely raped up in NE - and not just by the refs.

Ā 

Jax D is so elite they gave up 400+ yds passing.Ā  Can't stand that NE** basically gets a double bye into the SB.Ā  I hate sports

Edited by stevewin

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

What a stupid play call there. Pitts should have took the 3 pts there so early.

Gotta Quote myself.Ā 

Ā 

When will coaches learn notĀ to pass on pts early?

Ā 

Ohh, and so much for that vaunted D in Jax. Pats are going to steamroll these fools.

Edited by Real McCoy

Well, now maybe the Bills defense will get more credit for holding Fournette and Jax's offense in check all game...Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Also, Doug Marrone definitely deserves his due credit, but I still can't help but think when I watch Jacksonville play that this really looks like aĀ prototypical Tom Coughlin coached team.Ā