GDT: Jax at Pitt

John in Jax

Just now, Maine-iac said:

The Steelers have great pass catchers.  Ben loves to throw and you can definately fool him but he's going to keep throwing and why wouldn't you when you have so many good recievers.  I think back to the game where we picked off Romo something like 5 times in the first half and they still came back and won.

Not even that. Ben throws his WR's open or let's them make a play for the ball when covered well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

As a TT supporter....you are seeing first hand why we do need to move on from him.....the ability to make big play with the arm

And the ability to make tough catches. You think any of the Bills wrs consistently make plays like Brown?

Just now, John from Hemet said:

As a TT supporter....you are seeing first hand why we do need to move on from him.....the ability to make big play with the arm

I'm in same boat. Was outspoken about my support and wanting him next year but I was wrong. An upgrade at QB is a must. This team can go on a run with one.

Just now, John from Hemet said:

All we ever hear about is the short passing game these days. Being able to throw the ball deep is still huge. It has too many advantages to be stuck with an offense who can’t push the ball downfield. Even simple pass inference calls on deep balls can alter the outcome of a game. Our offense robs ourselves of those opportunities. 

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

You'd probably be right but the era Jim played in was a different world. Totally different game back then, and he was the most successful QB of the early 90s . 

It's very debatable when you look into it.

He had a lot of success, but he was on a team with a ton of star power.  All that success, and he still won't go down as good as Marino.

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

You're right.  We should get the best WR in the league, too.

At least better ones than we have now. We used to have a few decent ones? What happened to them?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I think it helps having a receiving corp like the Steelers have. I'd do a straight up swap. Heck I'd even trade Shady for Bell while we're at it.