GDT: Jax at Pitt

John in Jax

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Steelers are throwing screens to their TEs, like Jesse James and Vance McDonald. Not exactly explosive players.

Get the right blocking and timing, and Zay, DT, and Matthew could run effective screens. 

True, but it certainly helps open up the screen game when you have Roethlisberger with explosive WR’s on the outside. 

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Shady's turning 30 and has a tone of mileage on him.  You can get a really good running back in the 2nd round this year.

I agree, and it'd really make our run game dynamic and a challenge for defenses.

I'd throw away age with Shady. He apparently works out as hard as anybody and the main thing is he doesn't take shots like the average RB. Very very rarely does he take a big shot because of his running style, I think he has 2 elite years left, he showed zero signs of slowing down to me and adding a legit complement can preserve Shady and make the defense worry about 2 completely different running styles. Shady runs so unique, it can throw a defense off n will help Shady's production as well

4 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

or Lynch

or Smith

We used to have a thing for drafting RB's I'd say.

RB value has gone down, IMO no need to spend any less then a 3rd on one in today's NFL. QB is main issue for this team to address because of it being a passing league IMO.

I agree we had a thing for RBs taken early. LoL, funny how Thurman  not a top pick was one of our best ever.