GDT: Jax at Pitt

John in Jax

How did the Telvin Smith TD count? He committed the unsportsman like pentalty around the 10 yard line BEFORE the TD was scored. The ref, in his penalty call, said "after the play, unsportsmanlike..." which was clearly wrong. The penalty was committed prior to the TD and shouldn't Pittsburgh have the choice of excepting/declining the penalty where the penalty was committed?

3 minutes ago, ThunderGun said:

Funny, all the Brady hate, nobody mentions an "*" next to that first Superbowl Win Ben Got...  That was Steelers D, and Refs that won him his first Bowl...

Sorry, Ben's not my type of QB, glad he didn't fall to us... Rather have a drought than a sexual predator.

James Franco and Aziz Ansari are better sexual predators than Ben 

#timesup

#metoo 

??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

Seems like a lot of you think Jacksonville has a better shot at New England. Sometimes the Patriots can be beat with a great defensive team, but I think you need a top 5 QB to have a chance this year. You need to match points. 

Every time the Pats have been beat, i.e. Baltimore, Giants, Denver it was because the defense was able to get to Brady. I was of the opinion that Steelers had the best shot, but after watching this first half I've changed my mind. Providing Fournette can go I think Jacksonville has a shot.

6 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

He's so much better than Kelly, it's actually not.

Reaching on that. Adjust the data to match the era. He might have a leg up, but good luck finding anything to validate that opinion with adjusted data outside of Ben winning a Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

I'm sorry but Jim Kelly is very overrated as a QB. He was a good QB on a great roster.  But he wasn't on Ben's level.

LOL, well when you have some time, maybe you go back and actually watch some games instead of comparing #'s... Not on Ben's level. That's just !@#$ing insulting to a legend.  A Hall of Famer not on Ben's level... Outstanding, great job.

Edited by ThunderGun

Just now, ThunderGun said:

LOL, well when you have some time, maybe you go back and actually watch some games instead of comparing #'s... Not on Ben's level. That's just !@#$ing insulting to a legend.  A Hall of Fame not on Ben's level... Outstanding, great job.

Big Ben will be in the hof soon.      Your post makes zero sense 

Just now, ThunderGun said:

LOL, well when you have some time, maybe you go back and actually watch some games instead of comparing #'s... Not on Ben's level. That's just !@#$ing insulting to a legend.  A Hall of Fame not on Ben's level... Outstanding, great job.

Terell Davis is in the HoF too.  Is it sacrilege to say he wasn't on Barry Sanders', OJ's or Walter Payton's level?

Just now, jmc12290 said:

I'm not basing this on how many yards they threw per game.

You need some measuring stick. "My eyes" don't exactly hold up in court, but I get it. We can't throw out what we observe for just data. TT would be HOF if we did. I watched plenty of both and have ran adjusted numbers. Ben probably gets the nod, but it's not a title wave victory IMO.  Hard to compare players in different eras. 

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Terell Davis is in the HoF too.  Is it sacrilege to say he wasn't on Barry Sanders', OJ's or Walter Payton's level?

You convinced me. Again, Ben is the modern day Kelly. Both were Top5 QB's during their careers. Neither was ever on the Tom Brady/Joe Montana level.

Just like Bress is the modern Marino

Edited by Real McCoy