channel 2- Buffalo comments re alleged Incognito...

KingRex

racial comments in Jags game.

They had a bunch of professional football idiots like Jerry Sullivan commenting. Basically they said that the failure of Incognito and the team to simply say that the truth was Incognito and the team did not make any racial disparities was in itself deafening.

Actually, while I think Sully is an idiot, like a broken clock he is actually right twice a day.

They remarked that given that there is a void of official Bills commentary on the issue that Incognito given his history of dirty play early in his career in GB and the race based debacle in Miami, that Incognito does not get the benefit of the doubt.  He, Caruuci, and the other sport pundits are simply correct that while Incog deserves the right to say what he wants, the void left by not saying anything leaves, the fans, his teammates, and the media to reasonably assume Incognito guilty.

Too bad because he produces as a player, but if he continues to allow any good play by him to be overwhelmed by using racial slurs, the Bills should let Incognito go.

I hate it when solid football performers are idiots as human beings.

While

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

where's the proof?  what did he say?

No ones jailing the dude

sounds like he might not even be punished

Would not be surprised if he said something innappropriate. At this point, probably best to hope it floats away quietly instead of commenting. Seems the jags player is letting that happen too at this point.

Edited by NoSaint

Yeah until I hear what was said not worth discussing what needs to be done with Incognito.

I will say pretty much the entire offensive line needs to be upgraded across the board. Woods and Incognito get another year at most the way they looked this year. However, RG and RT are more pressing issues this offseason.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KingRex said:

They had a bunch of professional football idiots like Jerry Sullivan commenting. Basically they said that the failure of Incognito and the team to simply say that the truth was Incognito and the team did not make any racial disparities was in itself deafening.

Actually, while I think Sully is an idiot, like a broken clock he is actually right twice a day.

They remarked that given that there is a void of official Bills commentary on the issue that Incognito given his history of dirty play early in his career in GB and the race based debacle in Miami, that Incognito does not get the benefit of the doubt.  He, Caruuci, and the other sport pundits are simply correct that while Incog deserves the right to say what he wants, the void left by not saying anything leaves, the fans, his teammates, and the media to reasonably assume Incognito guilty.

Too bad because he produces as a player, but if he continues to allow any good play by him to be overwhelmed by using racial slurs, the Bills should let Incognito go.

While

I have no idea what was or wasn't said, but why has only one Jags player come forth claiming this? Cog has a history, but his recent past shows a contrite and changed person. If he said something, let him  face the consequences. If not, I'm sure he just wanted to get home from the season and relax. Why would a false claim dignify a response?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KingRex said:

While

He never played for Green Bay.

The problem with all of this is that no one knows what was said or whether it was racist or not. All anyone knows is an African American player tweeted something that accused Incognito of racists slurs. So everyone jumps on the bandwagon and thinks it's the truth. You don't know. No one knows but the two of them. That's the problem with society today. Someone says something about someone else and so it must be true. So no one can do something wrong and ever truly be forgiven and allowed to move on in their life. All it takes is for someone to bring something up and they're guilty all over again. Society is totally whacked. WAIT FOR SOME PROOF BEFORE MAKING AN OPINION!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, KingRex said:

While

You know the old Shakespearean saying "the lady doth protest too much, methinks," right?  I doubt Jerry Sullivan does.

And here it's been a week and not a single shred of evidence has been presented, and no other person has come forward to say that they heard Incognito say something derogatory.  In fact, one of that Jags player's teammates suggested that the Jags player might have heard what he wanted to hear because he knew Incognito's history with Martin and didn't like him because of it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Non racist people 

So someone's racisit because they couldn't care less about men calling each other names in adrenaline fueled sport?  I just wonder when our society will finally not be threatened by words that hurt our feelings.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 5

So unless he holds a press conference to say he's not racist, the non-specific allegations (that the Jagoff couldn't even fully remember what was said) are true?

The media can !@#$ off with this nonsense.

Much ado about nothing. Much banter has taken place in NFL games over the years that isn't fit for virgin ears. That JAX player really needs to grow a sack. He apparently has no problem body slamming opposing QBs from around their neck. A total idiot and ridiculously soft. How much of this stuff was simply never heard about before the dawn of the " twitterverse" and snowflake millennials on NFL rosters? If the guy wasn't poked in the eye or spit on , it's a giant who cares moment for most people not named Mike Schopp. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Frankly, I wish everyone would react this way to unsubstantiated accusations.

Media jerkoffs are just upset they haven’t been able to turn it into a page-click bonanza.

Plus, what's wrong with a good old N bomb?  I mean it's not like RI has a history!

if nothing was found to be said, that Jags guy should be called out.  

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

So someone's racisit because they couldn't care less about men calling each other names in adrenaline fueled sport?  I just wonder when our society will finally not be threatened by words that hurt our feelings.

You posted in a thread about it. So you obviously cared. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Who cares?  

Likely his teammates.  Certainly reasonable if people with American racial minority are bothered by his remarks and also reasonable if folks not personally victimized by racism still find such a mindset distracting from the game and teamwork find fault.

The problem here is that Incognito is on tape done by a former teammate making several Donald Trump like race based comments. No one needs proof of this particular idiocy when Incog already is on tape categorizing a teammate with stupid race based comments.  The fact that Incog wll not defend himself if he used race based idiocy nor will his team protect him speaks volumes to logical folks.

like our country, the Bills have other things to do, and if one of our leaders is so selfish he exposes his team to distraction, the idiot needs to be called out by right thinking people.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Also, not shocking there are Bills fans who don't care that a guy who said a bunch of racist stuff in the past might have done it again.  I thought all the racist losers from the WNY area died off but apparently they are still around.

i give RI a ton of credit for what he has been since coming to the Bills. I didn't like the guy but he has shown maturity and growth. But if he said something, he should be cut.  It will be like Chip Kelly keeping Riley Cooper. 

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

So unless he holds a press conference to say he's not racist, the non-specific allegations (that the Jagoff couldn't even fully remember what was said) are true?

The media can !@#$ off with this nonsense.

I mean, a simple - “yea, that didn’t happen” tweet would carry some weight compared to nothing at all

There’s a good chance he said something dumb, and that it’s embarrassing but not the end of the world. No need to circle the wagons around him, or to stone him in the town square at this point. I’m sure he will get asked directly at some point and we will see the reaction. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Also, not shocking there are Bills fans who don't care that a guy who said a bunch of racist stuff in the past might have done it again.  I thought all the racist losers from the WNY area died off but apparently they are still around.

i give RI a ton of credit for what he has been since coming to the Bills. I didn't like the guy but he has shown maturity and growth. But if he said something, he should be cut.  It will be like Chip Kelly keeping Riley Cooper. 

What a dangerous individual you are.  You're everything wrong with society today as you sit on your imaginary high horse.  These are some pretty disgusting comments.

• Like (+1) 7

I picture Jerry Sullivan as : Divorced. Alcoholic.

He sinks very low in his insults and remarks that the Buffalo News has published regularly to their great shame.

He shouldn't be moralizing on how people should behave.

Somebody not making a public response to remarks such as were made here is actually way more common that someone stepping to the microphone to deny it. In fact it is standard operating procedure.

But to that gang of idiots it is "deafening".

There were cameras and microphones everywhere and if something was aid it is near certain it is on tape. How about we just wait until the findings are in and not say instead that Richie did something 4 years ago so that means he is guilty now of this.

My God I just hate how stupid TBN is and also some of their audience. 

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

8 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Society will be changed when our society's leaders do not devolve to making silly raced based comments like countries run by people of color are s....holes and we need more Norwegians life will have good norms.

Particularly, when there is a clear record of racial animus in the past, idiots like Incognito who have gained great benefits from being stars actually bear a reasonable burden of simply saying racism didn't happen if it didn't.  He has said nothing in public about a public complaint.  Unless those who profit from being public figures stand up and lead us to treat others reasonably, do not be surprised if our kids learn the lessons that acting like Incog did in  Miami is fine.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nope, don't care. I suppose that makes me racist because I don't care what insults grown men hurled at one another on a football field. Whether it was disparaging to ones race or their mother's reputation I don't care at all. Nut up and play the next down. It's a sad commentary on where this society is and where it's headed that this is even a topic. Ever hear an insult regarding your particular racial background or country of origin? So what? Lots of stuff gets said on a football field with the sole purpose of getting an opponent " off their game" . It's ridiculous that there is any concern over this at all. Teammates have said publicly that the dreaded " N bomb" wasn't used. Regardless, their should be no action taken by any involved parties over this. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

What a dangerous individual you are.  You're everything wrong with society today as you sit on your imaginary high horse.  These are some pretty disgusting comments.

Gave the guy credit for progress in his life

Says we don’t know what happened

calls out the fact that some have been really quick to say “who cares”

and reasonably says this probably warrants getting fired from a job if it’s proven to have happened 

and that qualifies as everything that’s wrong with society.... 

1 minute ago, KingRex said:

Society will be changed when our society's leaders do not devolve to making silly raced based comments like countries run by people of color are s....holes and we need more Norwegians life will have good norms.

Particularly, when there is a clear record of racial animus in the past, idiots like Incognito who have gained great benefits from being stars actually bear a reasonable burden of simply saying racism didn't happen if it didn't.  He has said nothing in public about a public complaint.  Unless those who profit from being public figures stand up and lead us to treat others reasonably, do not be surprised if our kids learn the lessons that acting like Incog did in  Miami is fine.

Ah and eventually the true colors come out.  You don't give a crap about the football player that got offended.  You were just waiting to spew your displeasure with the president.  

Wolf in sheeps clothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

It's fine as long as it's in the form of a song.

• Haha (+1) 2

No 2 snowflakes are the same. We've a lot of different snowflakes here. Those of you that are trying to make this political should know that politics don't belong here. If you want to discuss politics you should take your comments to the place where these kinds of discussions are welcome.

3 minutes ago, KingRex said:

Incog is not a society leader.  He's a guard on a football team who probably called one of the dudes on the other team the n word because they called him a cracker.  How's that not justified?  How's that a non story?  

Look, I'm not saying this is good behavior, it's not.  What I'm saying is the only way to stop this form of racism is to not let the words bother you.  Humans will always label other humans.  By using actions to show we are the same or better we combat this type of behavior, not crying wolf.

And calling someone a name during a competition is not racisit in my book, it's trash talk.  In a sport that African Americans are the majority, incog is not keeping anyone away from prospering.  

JMO flame away.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Gave the guy credit for progress in his life

Says we don’t know what happened

calls out the fact that some have been really quick to say “who cares”

and reasonably says this probably warrants getting fired from a job if it’s proven to have happened 

and that qualifies as everything that’s wrong with society.... 

Assumed people don't care because they'd like to see proof first.

Assume he did it because he did in the past.

Disparaged Buffalo for still being a racist City -  how could he verify whoever he's thinking is racist, still lives in Buffalo?

I give him credit, I don't like him, if he did something here's how I want him punished.

Yeah, you're right.  Just beautiful, poetic words.  

9 minutes ago, KingRex said:

You and Anquan Boldin can get together and fix this messed up world 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He never played for Green Bay.

My apologies.  Though I do remember correctly that Incog rained taped racial disparities on a young teammate. I did forget it was the Rams Incog played for when he was on videotape making dirty plays (leg whips on defenseless opponents).

If Incog is gonna make millions from being a public figure in an entertainment medium, he reasonably takes on the burden of not being an idiot. 

If he has already demonstrated he is an idiot and a bad teammate it does not strike me that he should leave a void in defending himself IF he is innocent.

Richie made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nope, don't care. I suppose that makes me racist because I don't care what insults grown men hurled at one another on a football field. Whether it was disparaging to ones race or their mother's reputation I don't care at all. Nut up and play the next down. It's a sad commentary on where this society is and where it's headed that this is even a topic. Ever hear an insult regarding your particular racial background or country of origin? So what? Lots of stuff gets said on a football field with the sole purpose of getting an opponent " off their game" . It's ridiculous that there is any concern over this at all. Teammates have said publicly that the dreaded " N bomb" wasn't used. Regardless, their should be no action taken by any involved parties over this. 

Why should that be what happens on the field though? At what age do we start telling players to throw out the most offensive comments they can think of in order to upset opponents? It’s a lame element of football culture.

im not even arguing about incognito in this response —but a guy shouldn’t have to take being called a racial slur at work and a kid sure as hell shouldn’t playing at school. 

Whether or not incognito said anything, it’d be nice to come here and see “I don’t know if he did but I hope he didn’t because it’s wrong if he did”

Edited by NoSaint

3 minutes ago, KingRex said:

That's an idiotic take on what was said. If certain countries are " sh** holes" is that due to the race of the people running them? Or just their political incompetence and mistakes? It's wonderful how you infer it is due to their race. And that you infer " good norms" will come from Norway. What was asked was " why do we need more ...." why not more from Norway? I've yet to hear a good answer. Why do we? Haiti is a cesspool, yet Barbados is wonderful. They are both West Indian countries where most are of African descent. Nice job of projecting your own inherent bias onto others comments. Football is a tough game played by ( mostly) tough people. Incognito was trying to toughen up a very soft teammate that ended up retiring from the game after just a couple seasons. His approach may have been questionable , but he paid a big price and it's done with. This stuff is about the most pu$$ified thing I've ever heard come out of a football game and is a non issue. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1