• Rob Chudzinski
    • Brian Daboll
    • Mike Shula
    • Brian Schottenheimer
    • Ken Dorsey
    • Jim Caldwell
    • Matt Canada

Not pounding the table for Chudzinski, but per his Wiki page:

In 2007, Chudzinski was named the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. That year the Cleveland Browns ranked eighth overall on offense, sent 4 offensive players to the Pro Bowl, and finished second in the AFC North with a record of 10–6, their most wins since 1994. 

In 2011, Chudzinski was named the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator. He took one of the league's worst offenses in 2010 and transformed it into one of the top 10 offenses in 2011 with rookie quarterback Cam Newton. The Panthers finished seventh overall in the league on offense, fifth in points scored, and set a new franchise record for total yards in a season.

Granted, those are not exactly recent, but he has success turning offenses around with Derek Anderson and rookie Cam Newton. We'll likely have a Derek Anderson type bridge QB (hopefully better) and a rookie. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Sean Ryan, John Morton and Brian Daboll are the 3 people I would interview. 

Bevell, Shula or Dorsey I would live with. 

Chud would be a no and McCoy is a HELL NO.

You would say no to Chud, but live with Shula. Didn't Chud have top 10 offenses with the Frowns? I would say he has done a pretty good job with the Colts considering the circumstances. Daboll has been hot garbage as an o coordinator in the NFL. 

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Jim Bob Cooter is better than any OC on that list. If there is any chance they can get him they need to make it happen.

I like Cooter as much as the next guy, but his run game tends to be weak and that's the one thing we have here.  

When you look at what Cooter has done with Stafford and how much Stafford has improved under him he has to be our #1 target. Also add in that Detroit wants to hire a HC that will keep Cooter as OC and Stafford himself is lobbying for him to stay. 

Cooter know's how to get the most out of the QB position, he would be the perfect OC for a rookie QB. 

I would much rather have a OC that can get the most out of the passing game over the rushing. Cooter has also had some below average RB's to work with, I bet he would work well with Shady.

Mike McCoy was ousted in San Diego after going 27-37 in four seasons.

McCoy was accused of not playing to his team’s strengths this season and insisted on passing the ball far more than needed.

Jim Caldwell 

In his four seasons at the helm of the Lions, Caldwell only finished without a winning record once. Caldwell has experience as an offensive coordinator. In his only year as an offensive coordinator in 2013, his Baltimore Ravens offense won the Super Bowl.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

Matt Canada. 

Before his time in Baton Rouge, Canada led Bills quarterback Nate Peterman  at the University of Pittsburgh, the only team to knock off the eventual National Champion Clemson Tigers. It’s not particularly likely, but what Canada has done in the college ranks warrants a shot in the NFL, if he desires.

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Matt Canada. 

Before his time in Baton Rouge, Canada led Bills quarterback Nate Peterman  at the University of Pittsburgh, the only team to knock off the eventual National Champion Clemson Tigers. It’s not particularly likely, but what Canada has done in the college ranks warrants a shot in the NFL, if he desires.

Matt Canada would be my 2nd choice.

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So what actually went wrong with Rico??  Did he say all the right things on the interview last year, but then reverted to something else??  There's a pretty long list of coordinators from both sides who end up one and done.  How do you prevent that from happening again??  

In fairness it's pretty widely reported (rumored?) that Rico was never McD's first choice.  He had a limited pool to draw from in year 1.

5 hours ago, napmaster said:

Bring back Greg Roman.  Unfortunately, I doubt he'd come back.

Resume:

Made Buffalo the #1 rushing offense.

He called Rex a buffoon.

Made Sammy cry to the Pegulas.

I would love to see him have a another shot, this time with the new McD/Beane culture and not the Ryan Brother's Circus. 

I thought Roman did a fine job here with what he had to work with.

3 hours ago, Zqueezr said:

Ben McAdoo ...my thread got closed not sure why..but I’m intrigued by McAdoo after all OBJ became a star with him as OC

McAdoo lost his locker room and divided his team before the halfway point of the season. Not sure his style/personality would fit in with the staff here. 

I could be wrong and the guy could be one of those dudes that's a great coordinator but never gonna be a great HC. But for a team that's preaching unity and brotherhood, hiring a guy who made players wanna flat out quit on him may not be the best idea. 

I wonder if they talk with Rob Boras at all. Not saying that choice would get me hyped as his time as the Rams OC wasn't great but you never know. I think he did well in his role as TE coach this season. He really helped O'Leary emerge as a decent #2 TE.

11 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

McAdoo lost his locker room and divided his team before the halfway point of the season. Not sure his style/personality would fit in with the staff here. 

I could be wrong and the guy could be one of those dudes that's a great coordinator but never gonna be a great HC. But for a team that's preaching unity and brotherhood, hiring a guy who made players wanna flat out quit on him may not be the best idea. 

I wonder if they talk with Rob Boras at all. Not saying that choice would get me hyped as his time as the Rams OC wasn't great but you never know. I think he did well in his role as TE coach this season. He really helped O'Leary emerge as a decent #2 TE.

He did lose that locker room and players did quit on him ..but there’s something to be said about their culture, after all it was still Coughlins team at the time they were an offensive jagernaut with Mc running the O.

Over the years I've kind of learned not to get my hopes too high for any specific coach because many times it just leads to disappointment. 

But it's hard not to get excited about certain coaches you've read/heads about...

So, I'd have to say that I'm probably hoping for Chudzinski at this point. 

He's had had some very good offense's over the years and seems to have done a good job at getting the most out of his QBs (for the most part). 

He is also very well respected around the league. Guys supposedly love playing for him. 

And I just feel like he would be a good fit with McDermott. 

Their coaches styles seem like a potential perfect match. They are both big on attention to detail and teaching. Both are meticulous planners. Both are always trying to learn and evolve as a coach. Both are big students of the game. 

This is what Chud said when asked to describe his coaching style -

Describe your coaching style

“I think it’s probably changed over the years. I’ve been really fortunate to be around some great coaches. I’ve always tried to take different things from each person and apply them, and help mold the way I coach guys. I think it’s pretty direct. I think I’m demanding of guys. I’d like to think I’m a good teacher. I remember Marty Schottenheimer saying that coaching is more about teaching than demanding. I expect a lot from the guys I coach and I’m a perfectionist. You want to make sure that all the details are covered and guys are always striving to be perfect. Now, when guys go into the game, they’ve got to go play and it’s about playing fast and going to execute. I think trying to put those guys into the best position to be successful is what coaching is. Trying to bring the best out of them.”

What do you hope to see out of your offense?

“The same thing that Chuck wants to see in the team. A group that’s aggressive, attacking, physical, plays tough, is versatile, finds different ways to win. That can play with a lot of grit, passion, loves playing. And that we play an exciting brand of ball and can do/help whatever we need to do to help the team to win. That may be different on any given week. That’s the challenge about this league and I think that’s fun.”

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Meet-The-Coach-Rob-Chudzinski/e80206d6-7a38-4378-915f-7f8ca2dab9a2

Sounds pretty similar to our head coach, no? 

They are also good friends and have a lot of respect for each other. Chud once said McDermott was "one of the best coaches I've ever been around" and McD has said similar things about Chudzinski. 

I could just see them working very well together.

Ultimately though, I just want the Bills to be able to hire whoever their top choice/1st pick is... 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

I don't want DeFilippo as it seems a 1 year hire who would leave to be a HC, I would prefer someone who we could get at least a few year continuity out of

That would be Chud,who is going to hire him with the Cleveland fiasco fresh in their minds?

I am voting for Matt Canada.

#1) I am Canadian :) 

#2) We can use the " Blame Canada Song" if he busts ;) 

Edited by JMF2006

On 1/12/2018 at 6:16 PM, Ittakestime said:

Roman got shafted by Rex's ego

Roman got shafted by the short bus he had to ride with Tyrod as his QB. If not for Tyrod he would more then likely be a HC by now.