The 1st and goal throw to benjamin

Steptide

I know this has been plenty discussed. On wgr they've mentioned a few times asking if that was a Dennison call or did Tyrod decide to run that play? 

Imo this was 100% Dennison and a good reason why he needs to go. I believe it was the 1st new England game when Tyrod went out of the game injured and Peterman came in, got the bills down to the goal line and threw 3 fade passes in the endzone. The Patriots game was long gone at that point, but it's atrocious play calling. It's time to move on

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I know this has been plenty discussed. On wgr they've mentioned a few times asking if that was a Dennison call or did Tyrod decide to run that play? 

Imo this was 100% Dennison and a good reason why he needs to go. I believe it was the 1st new England game when Tyrod went out of the game injured and Peterman came in, got the bills down to the goal line and threw 3 fade passes in the endzone. The Patriots game was long gone at that point, but it's atrocious play calling. It's time to move on

McCoy confirmed it was a run play with a pass option.

This is 100% on Taylor.

Re-watch the play, the line is run blocking, the FB hits the hole where McCoy is supposed to follow and McCoy practically runs into Taylor and is surprised he doesn't get the ball. 

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

When you bring the fire make sure you are burning up the right person/persons. The play was a RPO, the mistake was allowing TT to make any decisions.

Been proven wrong in his other thread about the same thing so tried to reload it 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Run Pass Option. 

Called a Run with the pass Option. 

Everyone BLOCKED THE RUN (called play)

Tyrod pulled it and threw. Those are just the facts.

It explains the PI too. Benjamin was probably looking to block then realized he had to come back and catch it.

• Like (+1) 2

Im tired to read about TOLBERT:  On the 1 yard line it doesnt matter how big or small you are. Just a normal head of steam and the player should be able to get in for a TD or Extend the arms for a TD.

Tolbert cannot manufacture that head of steam:  He's 250 going against 300 pound lineman.  Whats the difference if its McCoy at 200 pounds.

SCREW YOU TOLBERT. I HOPE YOU NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN FOR THE BILLS!

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

When you bring the fire make sure you are burning up the right person/persons. The play was a RPO, the mistake was allowing TT to make any decisions.

How do you know Dennison didn't tell Tyrod to throw that to Benjamin? Sure it was rpo, but it still could've been scripted 

Just now, Mojo44 said:

It’s not Denison! It was an OK call given that we have Benjamin. It was the execution. In other words, it was the quarterback! Denison is not the problem! 

I agree,

Pushing to put blame on the OC over Tyrod is why we are seeing this so much about firing. Tyrod failed but some want to point to the OC so maybe Tyrod can stay another season with a new OC. A Tyrod excuse thread.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

How do you know Dennison didn't tell Tyrod to throw that to Benjamin? Sure it was rpo, but it still could've been scripted 

Watch the freaking play. 

EVERYONE BLOCKED RUN

Shady also confirmed TT choice to pull the ball

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Im tired to read about TOLBERT:  On the 1 yard line it doesnt matter how big or small you are. Just a normal head of steam and the player should be able to get in for a TD or Extend the arms for a TD.

Tolbert cannot manufacture that head of steam:  He's 250 going against 300 pound lineman.  Whats the difference if its McCoy at 200 pounds.

SCREW YOU TOLBERT. I HOPE YOU NEVER PLAY ANOTHER DOWN FOR THE BILLS!

Watch more NFL.  It's EXTREMELY hard to just run the ball in on goal to go from the one.  The vast majority of successful runs from that distance come off misdirection, a play that hits the outside when everyone is selling out on the inside.

The play to Benjamin is a standard NFL call.  Benjamin just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar on the OPI.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

You're not dealing in facts. You're not making sense. 

Is this an everyone but TT's fault thread?

Taylor is getting hammered on Boston Radio because he is/was so bad. They are actually giving McD and the rest of the team credit. If they can see it from under Brady's ass then I'm sure you will also see it if you open your eyes. Heck, just listen to the audio of the game, Romo will paint the picture.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Run Pass Option. 

Thats all well and good.  I don't think it was a terrible call to throw.  It's Benjamins fault that he got OPI.  Not Dennison or Tyrod.  

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Watch more NFL.  It's EXTREMELY hard to just run the ball in on goal to go from the one.  The vast majority of successful runs from that distance come off misdirection, a play that hits the outside when everyone is selling out on the inside.

The play to Benjamin is a standard NFL call.  Benjamin just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar on the OPI.

Run, run, run, pass/kick 

It's extremely hard for a defense to keep you out of the end zone with that sequence.

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Run Pass Option. 

And without the OPI it would have just been an incomplete.  Penalty screwed it all up. 

2 minutes ago, TBDlurkerSINCE07 said:

How about Benjamin doesn't commit OPI and it's second and goal from the 1?

Three chances to run it in. KB deserves some blame here too.

I agree, and also this isn't a blame Dennison and not Tyrod thread. I'm done with Tyrod and have been since the saints game. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Run, run, run, pass/kick 

It's extremely hard for a defense to keep you out of the end zone with that sequence.

This.

I get wanting to throw to a 70 foot tall receiver, but 3 runs from the 1 gets in more often than not.

I think Tyrod threw that pass because he realized how badly he screwed up on that crap fade route he threw.  Benjamin played the back shoulder on the play and was open.  Wouldn't surprised me if it was going through his mind.  

Either way, run the ball up the gut.  

1 minute ago, Shotgunner said:

This.

I get wanting to throw to a 70 foot tall receiver, but 3 runs from the 1 gets in more often than not.

Right. Jacksonville has two of the top corners in the NFL. Ramsey is super athletic, no reason to throw near him. I don't care if Yao Ming is split wide. Just run it. 

Should of ran the friggin ball...we are a run based team....we got Fat Tolbert to do these kinda plays...isnt that why he is here but no...we tend to use him on 2nd and long...3rd and long.....Taylor is done here....im fine with that but Dennision needs to go ASAP!  the guy has been beyond terrible all season long...there should be no arguement about that.....

12 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Read my post better!  Im talking about Tolbert on the 1 versus MCcoy.  Being bigger doesnt give you more chances of getting a TD!  McCoy would be better with his cutting and speed over big fat Tolbert who only runs straight!

It was Dennison's fault because they should have just ran it.

It was Tyrod's fault because he should have just called the handoff.

It was Kelvin's fault because he shouldn't have pushed off.

Plenty of blame to go around.   And if you look at how the play would have developed the Jag defense didn't get any penetration and it would have most likely have been a touchdown if he had handed it off to Shady.    Sad

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

It was Dennison's fault because they should have just ran it.

It was Tyrod's fault because he should have just called the handoff.

It was Kelvin's fault because he shouldn't have pushed off.

Plenty of blame to go around.   And if you look at how the play would have developed the Jag defense didn't get any penetration and it would have most likely have been a touchdown if he had handed it off to Shady.    Sad

This:  They were out there for almost 8-9 minutes:  They were giving that TD easily

17 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Thats all well and good.  I don't think it was a terrible call to throw.  It's Benjamins fault that he got OPI.  Not Dennison or Tyrod.  

poor throw by Taylor, bad play by Benjamin on the PI- we had a good matchup, didn't execute.

The NFL is about execution and always has been.  Brady has been murdering us with short yardage passing for almost 2 decades now.  It's not too much to ask for your QB to throw an accurate pass in the red zone.

The reality of the goal line play is it wouldn't have been required if Taylor had hit the wide open O'Leary for a TD a few plays earlier.

Dennison called a great game yesterday but our limited QB couldn't make the plays.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

The NFL is about execution and always has been.  Brady has been murdering us with short yardage passing for almost 2 decades now.  It's not too much to ask for your QB to throw an accurate pass in the red zone.

The reality of the goal line play is it wouldn't have been required if Taylor had hit the wide open O'Leary for a TD a few plays earlier.

Dennison called a great game yesterday but our limited QB couldn't make the plays.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Stop just blaming taylor.  There were several drops - miscues, penalties.  Several missed blocks and screw ups by the protection.  He had a bad game, but so did virtually everyone else.

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Stop just blaming taylor.  There were several drops - miscues, penalties.  Several missed blocks and screw ups by the protection.  He had a bad game, but so did virtually everyone else.

Uh...nope.  The QB is the leader of the team and the most important position in the sport.  There's a reason great QBs play on great offenses.  They lead by example and their teammates work to match their standard.  Taylor is what he is and the offense mirrors him. 

At least he kept us from getting hammered in Foxboro this week.  So there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

I had no problem with the call.  That's a big reason they got Benjamin, have a big WR to go get the ball in the end zone.  Was a bad pass and a bad PI push off by him.

If they had run and got stuffed I would have equally not had a problem with the call.

The shot of the Jags D on the bench after the FG was pretty telling. They looked exhausted.  They would have been ripe for run up the gut. Not to mention they had just got the Bills off the field and then had the gut punch penalty. They were probably pretty deflated. We should have punched it in with Tolbert or better yet sneaked it with TT. Why is it that Brady (the most important QB ever) is OK with sneaking the ball and is very successful but the rest of the NFL is too scared to risk their QB getting pounded in the pile? Hell if TT was too scared or fragile, sneak Mighty Joe Webb and make the Jags stop you. Instead this was the play of the game and swung momentum right back to the Jags. If we score a TD there the Jags D is tired and frustrated. Instead we give them a boost with a really bad playcall. Just like the days of Kevin Gilbride.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, klos63 said:

poor throw by Taylor, bad play by Benjamin on the PI- we had a good matchup, didn't execute.

Warched the replay a few times, and it looked like Tyrod threw the corner fade and KB was expecting a quick back shoulder throw near the pylon.  Wonder who was wrong there...OPI aside?

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Warched the replay a few times, and it looked like Tyrod threw the corner fade and KB was expecting a quick back shoulder throw near the pylon.  Wonder who was wrong there...OPI aside?

IIRC Romo said the same thing on the broadcast.