So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Maybe I did.  I said what I said and meant what I said.     

The Defense improved over last season.   The Offense .....  the jury is still out.  No, actually its in -  I see pluses and minuses.   more heave on the minus side. 

Buffalo vs NE 2017 ....   H 3-23 (ouch it hurts to type that) and A 16-37   [I nailed the game score prediction on the nose for NE*]

Buffalo vs NE 2016 ....   A 16-0 (w/o Brady and injured 3rd stringer)  and  H 25-41

Improved Defense and poorer Offense.   

3 points AT HOME!!!!    

well I totally agree the defense improved a bit and the offense has regressed. but I refuse to nit pick games and base my arguments off such small sample sizes to support agendas, so I cant really ever take you too seriously. as you do it quite a bit... have a nice day.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Agenda?     OK jm2009 Junior   

Who's agenda?   The Taylorites or the Anti Taylor crowd?  

He is what he is.   Not great enough!!!   He is supposed to be improving nor regressing.  

Watch a replay of both NE games where Romo makes the paly by play commentary.   He says exactly what I have said about TT.     

Also listen to how he comments on Nate when TT was benched.  

So who shall i believe?  You or Tony Romo?  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Look at what we have been playing with on offense the majority of the year

Our 2nd round rookie had the yips

Mathews could not stay healthy and was not effective when he was

We didnt get Kelvin till later in the year

The OL has had problems with pass protection all year

Tolbert?  I really dont even need to say anything past that.....Cadet comes in and is instantly better when tells you something about our running back stable

Clay has been injured

Tyrod has done more with less than i have seen in a long time

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He is what he is.   Not great enough!!!   He is supposed to be improving nor regressing.  

you literally said the other day got ticked when you saw the thread title that said "taylor is a playoff qb" and yet you don't put yourself in that group? 

honestly dude..... since the mid season troubles I would consider you and maybe 2 or 3 others the ring leaders.... you gotta take a step back and look in the mirror man. your takes on taylor are downright obnoxious at points. you grasp onto the smallest most awful details in your arguments against him. its bad.

and you're right. he needs to be improving. he's not. that's why i'm fine with trying to find another qb IF IT MAKES SENSE. and even if by some fat chance he wins this week and they retain him I STILL want a qb early in the draft and will be very upset if it doesn't happen. the problem with you is he's not nearly as bad as you argue and that's why you and a couple others always reference a handful of games and that's about it.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

33 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No it is not John.  

See my last post

D was better,  O was worse 

The Head Coach and the guys he brought in alone improved this team.

Tentative Taylor regressed where it matters most  -  Red Zone and points on the board.  14 spots lower

2016 Red Zone TD scoring 

Rank 7    64.81%

2017 Red Zone TD scoring 

Rank 21    52.27%

Now go ahead Taylorites and blame the OC & HC.    The same OC & HC that improved 3rd down conversions!

And TT was a part of the team that improved 3rd down conversions?

And its weak because of the "recycled"

In fact it is not recycled because the TEAM improved its record and made the playoffs this year.  

It is amazing how some try so hard to separate the starting quarterback away from the team itself and dissect him to death......he was in fact good enough to QB his team to the playoffs

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Watch a replay of both NE games where Romo makes the paly by play commentary.   He says exactly what I have said about TT.     

Also listen to how he comments on Nate when TT was benched.  

So who shall i believe?  You or Tony Romo?  

I thought Tony Romo did an excellent job as a commentator breaking games down so that the common fan can understand what is going on and look forward to hearing him in the future.

That said.....Romo is not always right and you should not be basing your opinions on what commentator's are saying.

Also.....New England games?  We are basing things on when we play one of the best teams in the league?   I believe in a high bar but jesus  christ Shady

I am not trying to convince anyone of anything..    which is unlike the Taylorites who are trying to convert people 

Stop trying to convince us and the Anti TT comments will diminish 

Yes John, 

TT was a part of the team that improved 3rd down conversions yet he's failed to produce where it counts.  Why is that so hard to understand?  

His hesitation to throw a guy open (while being covered) in the RZ has hurt the team.  

They all won't be WIDE open like O'Leary was Sunday 

12 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

We have so many picks in this next draft

If we beat the Jags, and mark me down as believing we will, we will go to NE and likely lose.  However, I do think the NE game is winnable, but I think the odds are quite low.  So assuming your scenario...we beat Jags and lose to NE, I think there are a few more things that come into play about TT's future outside just beating the Jags.

If we beat the Jags, its likely TT was a big part of it considering McCoy is likely out or playing less than 100% and TT will have to make a decent impact for us to win.  But...its going to be how TT plays in NE even in defeat.  If he goes into NE and throws for like 150 yards and 1 or no scores, then I think the FO is going to still focus on an upgrade at QB as one of the highest priorities in the draft, including a possible move up.  But if we go to NE and TT goes out and puts up 250+ yards and a couple TD's in a loss...well thats going to change some things.  

I think if he has a solid to good game, even in defeat then the FO might look at this team and see how bad the OL is, how bad the LB and DL is, and weak the WR group was most the season and realize they could be 10-6 with all those issues and TT as the QB on the season had they not benched him in SD.  They still take a QB in the draft no matter what, but may elect to not make any expensive trade ups and grab a guy that falls to us somewhere in the first 3 rounds they like.  Then prioritize the OL, LB, and DL in the draft.  

I do think we will beat the Jags, and I suspect we will make the NE game competitive in the first half, then watch BB/Brady adjust and pull away in the 2nd like they always do.  But if we can force some turnovers in NE, I do think we can upset them...but since our front 7 is struggling to get pressure, I dont think its likely we force Tom to make too many mistakes.

1 hour ago, John from Hemet said:

Sorry Bobby....that is just a weak answer.

The difference in the recycled answer's is in this particular year they did in fact make the playoffs.

It is not a weak argument. 

3 years he has started the Bills have been a horrible passing offense. 

They enter the playoffs with a blistering -57 point differential dispite all the TOs the top end defense has provided. 

So the run game slipped from top in the league to 6th in the league hmmmm did the QB pick his game up no. Some would also say he has regressed. 

1 hour ago, manbeast said:

They will bring in competition but Tyrod will be on this team next year.

I actually think he might be secretly mad about it.

Yeah if TT is on this Team i wont be secretly mad. I will be flat out PISSED. He has regressed every year he has started but his supporters kee using the same recycled excuses to defend that regression. 

So YES i will be pissed that they brought him back let him hit the market and sign him to 6M when once again his agent and him see there is not a market for a QB that leads a horrible passing offense again like last year 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I would just like to point out that TT got outplayed by FALES

I would just like to point out you're delusional, or perhaps just trolling........

Tyrod Taylor : 19-27, 70.3%, 204 yards, 7.6 ypa,  1 Td, 0 Int, 74.1 QBR, 104.6 Passer Rating

6 runs, 35 yards, 5.8 ypr

David Fales  :  29-42, 69%,  265 yards, 6.3 ypa, 1Td, 1 Int, 17.0 QBA, 83.9 Passer Rating

4 runs, 8 yards, 2 ypr.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, grb said:

I would just like to point out you're delusional, or perhaps just trolling........

Tyrod Taylor : 19-27, 70.3%, 204 yards, 7.6 ypa,  1 Td, 0 Int, 74.1 QBR, 104.6 Passer Rating

6 runs, 35 yards, 5.8 ypr

David Fales  :  29-42, 69%,  265 yards, 6.3 ypa, 1Td, 1 Int, 17.0 QBA, 83.9 Passer Rating

4 runs, 8 yards, 2 ypr.

Those passing yards doh

8 minutes ago, Strethor said:

If TT beats the Jaguars and then beats the Patriots in NE he can come back if not we need to put a rookie out there.

That bar is set extremely high sir.....we expect

Tyrod is not beating anyone by himself

Only about 5 qbs in the league have the ability to "beat another team"

We dont and probably will not have one of those QBs

Im not saying we should not try to find that qb......I am saying that the bills mgt might take a look at the fact they pushed deep into the playoffs with TT at qb and reevaluate

14 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Those passing yards doh

That bar is set extremely high sir.....we expect

Tyrod is not beating anyone by himself

Only about 5 qbs in the league have the ability to "beat another team"

We dont and probably will not have one of those QBs

Im not saying we should not try to find that qb......I am saying that the bills mgt might take a look at the fact they pushed deep into the playoffs with TT at qb and reevaluate

3 years of tape > 1 game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Lets call it for what it is.....making the playoffs after 17 years AND one game....a extremely important game.

if Dalton didn't complete that single pass, we would not reevaluate.  So no, it's just one game.  

As I said, 3 years of tape > 1 game.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

LOL ok JMC.....

FYI its not one game....its 9 wins and playoffs bud

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

if Dalton didn't complete that single pass, we would not reevaluate.  So no, it's just one game.  

As I said, 3 years of tape > 1 game.  

Try and refute this.  Thanks, bud.

Just now, John from Hemet said:

What is there to refute?

You do realize that we are not the only NFL team in history to get help to go to the playoffs.  Did the bills win their last game on the road in order to give themselves the opportunity?

Irrelevant to what I said.

Try again.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Most of you do realize it is possible to 1. Reup TT for another year AND 2. Still draft a 1st round qb AND 3. Keep Peterman as 3rd qb.

I am actually not opposed to this at all.....its gonna cost as much to bring in another vet until the rook is ready to go anyway.   Then if TT falter's you are not falling back on Peterman.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Irrelevant to what I said.

Try again.

No actually it is not...your just spouting your usual nonsense.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

I am actually not opposed to this at all.....its gonna cost as much to bring in another vet until the rook is ready to go anyway.   Then if TT falter's you are not falling back on Peterman.

No actually it is not...your just spouting your usual nonsense.

Would we be reevaluating TT at this end of this season with 9 wins and no playoffs (because Dalton doesn't make that throw)?  Yes or no?

I will never complain about Tyrod again. If he’s back, I’m good. If he’s not, he’s not. He has earned my respect for doing something no other Bills QB could do since Flutie. We can win with him. Change the game plan to fit his skill set. If they don’t keep him that’s fine too, but I will not complain about him. I made that deal with myself before Sunday..I’ll own it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Would we be reevaluating TT at this end of this season with 9 wins and no playoffs (because Dalton doesn't make that throw)?  Yes or no?

Maybe I really dont understand what you are saying

You are asking me to speak on a scenario that did not happen.

Are you saying that if we missed the playoffs would TT definately be gone?   Yes.....he would probably be gone if we did not make the playoffs OR they might have kept him as a bridge QB because it was his first year in the system and they did not have a losing record and STILL draft a QB in the first round.

BUT

That didnt happen.....what actually happened is they won their last game....have a winning record in the AFC East (which is where you actually start your evaluation) with less talent then they had in the previous year.....and made the playoffs.

So....now we are onto the jags where TT has played well in the past also.  Once again......we dont know what the bills are looking at (we know what YOU are looking at but you dont count) they might look at the numbers, realize that the same level of veteran qb is going to cost just as much, draft a QB high and go from there.

We really dont know.  Im good either way.

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Maybe I really dont understand what you are saying

You are asking me to speak on a scenario that did not happen.

Are you saying that if we missed the playoffs would TT definately be gone?   Yes.....he would probably be gone if we did not make the playoffs OR they might have kept him as a bridge QB because it was his first year in the system and they did not have a losing record and STILL draft a QB in the first round.

BUT

That didnt happen.....what actually happened is they won their last game....have a winning record in the AFC East (which is where you actually start your evaluation) with less talent then they had in the previous year.....and made the playoffs.

So....now we are onto the jags where TT has played well in the past also.  Once again......we dont know what the bills are looking at (we know what YOU are looking at but you dont count) they might look at the numbers, realize that the same level of veteran qb is going to cost just as much, draft a QB high and go from there.

We really dont know.  Im good either way.

Exactly!  So you're saying "maybe they reevaluate if he plays well against the Jags."  AKA "maybe they reevaluate because of one more game."  

And to that I say, 3 years of tape > 1 game.

Also, we went .500 in the AFCE.

Edited by jmc12290

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Exactly!  So you're saying "maybe they reevaluate if he plays well against the Jags."  AKA "maybe they reevaluate because of one more game."  

And to that I say, 3 years of tape > 1 game.

NO

I am saying that they might already have an evaluation.....and how TT plays in the playoffs might steer them one way or another.

How do you know that the mgt doesnt already plan on having him coming back next year given:

- The QB pool of veteran talent and how much it will cost to sign a vet in conjunction of TT's cap hit?

- Maybe the plan all along is to draft a first round  QB.....but dont want to give the farm to get to the top 2......and take a QB at their pick and groom

- Take into consideration how bad the OL has been....injuries to targets (Mathews......Clay.....etc etc)

We really dont know yet....they may already be planning to bring him back....I know that would break your heart but its a possibility.   Now what if they are on the fence about it and he has a good post season?

Edited by John from Hemet

I doubt winning a playoff game will change anything on what their plans were.  That said, no one knows what this staff will do or would have done. For all we know they could have planned or are planning to keep Tyrod as a bridge next year.  Maybe they find more value in building the team than trading away everything for a QB.  Maybe they will trade everything for a QB. Maybe they will let the draft fall to them.  Maybe they will dump Taylor and go after a FA.  Maybe they will roll with Peterman.  

Point is... nobody knows.  Anything can happen.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I really believe we will draft a QB to replace tt even if we win the Superbowl. Tt has played  fair to poor all year and it's just not enough for sustained success, he would be the Trent Dilfer  of QBs if we win.

Trent Dilfer was the QB the Ravens let go and then following year could not repeat their success because they failed to realize how many time his play made a difference in winning.   Almost as bad decision by them as swapping a starting DE for John Skelton. 

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It was really much more a solid OC that understood McCoy and Gillislee and the run game's limitations and strengths and used them to score more points than any Bills team in a while.

Tyrod's passing yards and TDs were pretty close this year and last year.

It's the run game that was massively more effective last year than this year.

2017 12 rushing TDs ( 4-way tie for 15th in the NFL) and 16 passing TDs (27th).

Last year, 29 rushing TDs (1st in the NFL by a large margin) and 17 passing (27th).

The run game was the difference. Going from 27th in passing TDs last year all the way to ... um ... 27th in passing TDs this year doesn't exactly show a major difference.

I get what your saying and I disagree.

If your gonna put in the RBs we might as well just say the whole offense. Because oline exists and is virtually the same.

The rushing game took a nose dive. We all see it we all know it,  even the numbers show it but numbers dont always show the whole picture.

Tyrod did not have the same season this year as the passed 2. The Rex years our offense was top 10 in big plays and scoring when tyord was starting*. Not defending a boom or bust offense but when we hit, we hit big on long bombs and long runs, it was a huge relief watching us in 2015 after being bored to def by the marrone offenses and etc. 

Gone were the 70 yd 56 and 80 yd tds to anyone with speed. Gone were the 10, 15, 30 yd qb runs bc defenses didnt know if shady was going, if tyrod was going or if tyrod was gonna throw it.

So as far as getting production out of talent as flawed as they might be, our current OC just isnt there yet, and your stats damn him and Castillo and the decision to go zone blocking with our roster.

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

I get what your saying and I disagree.

If your gonna put in the RBs we might as well just say the whole offense. Because oline exists and is virtually the same.

The rushing game took a nose dive. We all see it we all know it,  even the numbers show it but numbers dont always show the whole picture.

Tyrod did not have the same season this year as the passed 2. The Rex years our offense was top 10 in big plays and scoring when tyord was starting*. Not defending a boom or bust offense but when we hit, we hit big on long bombs and long runs, it was a huge relief watching us in 2015 after being bored to def by the marrone offenses and etc. 

Gone were the 70 yd 56 and 80 yd tds to anyone with speed. Gone were the 10, 15, 30 yd qb runs bc defenses didnt know if shady was going, if tyrod was going or if tyrod was gonna throw it.

So as far as getting production out of talent as flawed as they might be, our current OC just isnt there yet, and your stats damn him and Castillo and the decision to go zone blocking with our roster.

The big passing plays disappeared after year 1, not year 2.

2 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

The team got us to the playoffs not the QB.  

pretty sure TT is a part of that same team you're referring to. correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by 87168