So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

Just now, Woodman19 said:

He is, he is a part of the success but he is not THE success.

no one said he is the success. that's what you inferred. 

since 1999 we've had how many QBs..? yet this is the first time we're going to the playoffs. we've admittedly had better defenses in the past, better performing offenses, a quite possibly "better" QBs (by your standards). but this year TT led this team to the playoffs. not sure why some want to argue the fact.

If we're really going after a vet QB next year (Smith, Bradford, Keenum, etc.) then keeping Tyrod makes no sense. If we win a playoff game with him and go for another vet, we should trade him while his value is high. If we plan on drafting someone high, we should keep Tyrod as a veteran mentor. But I'm guessing we end up dealing him, hopefully for a 3rd rounder.

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Last year Osweiler and Savage got the Texans there. Anyone want them as your long-term QB combo?

Osweiler and Savage got to the playoffs as division winners in a horrible division. We did it as a wildcard which means we had the whole conference to compete with. Granted the whole conference was mostly bad but it's harder to be a wildcard than a division winner IMO. Who was the worst QB to ever lead a team to a wildcard spot? I'm curious.

Edited by HappyDays

I should truly hope they don’t plan for the future based on the postseason, if he does well, and not everything he’s shown in the past.

Good Guy. Strong, athletic, class act. Does some things well and others not so well. He is not the sole reason we are in the postseason but plays a small role. He did not “get us here”.

If anything, we have played like we don’t belong in the post season more than we played like we did. Doesn’t mean squat now as we are obviously there and it took outside forces to make it happen.

This team has a good way to go before we are contenders. They could very well find some spark and push deep into the postseason. But, if all of the mistakes they’ve made, over and over, repeat on Sunday, it won’t be pretty.

We still come home without the streak. We still come home with a whole lot to look forward to next year. We have a solid number of draft picks and new blood at the helm. A bunch of young guys have benefitted from a year of ups and downs.

Overall, there are some things they need to do. They better draft a QB if they want one, and get him without neglecting the other glaring needs. They better be smart with their money. They need to address the offensive coordinator position and determine if a lack of substance combined with dink and dunk is something they can rely on in 2018. If they retain Tyrod, it shouldn’t be retention due to him as the future. And lastly, they better build on this momentum because, starting their own nonplayoff streak in 2018, isn’t an option. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

12 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

It's basically on to NE then. If TT can have a Joe Flacco 2013 MVP SB run where he looked like Joe Montana throughout the entire post season everything will change.  We don't know what or how TT responds to big time games yet, we will see soon enough.

I have my doubts but would love to see TT prove me wrong about him.

TT it is all on you man, here's you chance to shine and become a big time QB in this league. Opportunity knocks like this once in a life time

Lets GO Bills!!!!

Add on, stuck in my head now :)

To Tyrod from Eminem:

Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture
Or just let it slip?

Was just college but he showed up - MVP Style - in 2 ACC Championship Games and an Orange Bowl.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I will never complain about Tyrod again. If he’s back, I’m good. If he’s not, he’s not. He has earned my respect for doing something no other Bills QB could do since Flutie. We can win with him. Change the game plan to fit his skill set. If they don’t keep him that’s fine too, but I will not complain about him. I made that deal with myself before Sunday..I’ll own it.

Andy Dalton threw the TD pass in the clutch final seconds of a game that propelled the Bills into the playoffs.  

When have you ever seen Tyrod do that?

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

We have so many picks in this next draft

The only thing Tyrod is playing for at this point is his spot on the roster next year. I think there is still a chance that they decide even at the price to keep him as a bridge for 2018 let the rookie take his time and even start Tyrod week 1. I'm not sure I put that chance much better than 50/50 but every round we progress it does nudge up a percentage point or two. 

I think the fact our 2 picks are in the 20s now increases the chance of a trade up. If 3 guys go off the board early I expect the Bills to get fidgety and make a move. I am not sure I see a Mason Rudolph as a guy you trade up for but if the Bills think he fits what they want and say Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are gone by pick 10 I could see them jumping up similar to Houston last year when as soon as Mahomes went they decided they could wait no longer (I understand that Watson was their #1 QB but they were really comfortable with Mahomes as their fallback option and once he was off the table they had to strike). 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The only thing Tyrod is playing for at this point is his spot on the roster next year. I think there is still a chance that they decide even at the price to keep him as a bridge for 2018 let the rookie take his time and even start Tyrod week 1. I'm not sure I put that chance much better than 50/50 but every round we progress it does nudge up a percentage point or two. 

I think the fact our 2 picks are in the 20s now increases the chance of a trade up. If 3 guys go off the board early I expect the Bills to get fidgety and make a move. I am not sure I see a Mason Rudolph as a guy you trade up for but if the Bills think he fits what they want and say Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are gone by pick 10 I could see them jumping up similar to Houston last year when as soon as Mahomes went they decided they could wait no longer (I understand that Watson was their #1 QB but they were really comfortable with Mahomes as their fallback option and once he was off the table they had to strike). 

Entirely possible

I am not saying that if Tyrod is kept he is the "entrenched starter" i dont think people should think that when he got benched for a rookie during the year.   I do think the bills might be looking to have someone that wont make huge mistakes on the roster while "their qb" is getting his feet under him.

I am absolutely in the get a QB high camp this year.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

Entirely possible

I am not saying that if Tyrod is kept he is the "entrenched starter" i dont think people should think that when he got benched for a rookie during the year.   I do think the bills might be looking to have someone that wont make huge mistakes on the roster while "their qb" is getting his feet under him.

I believe 3 weeks ago Tyrod was off the roster for next year for definite. Luckily he had his favourite opponent two of the last 3 weeks (no bad thing to have a favourite opponent you play twice every year) and he played one good game and one solid game and we got in. That does count for something and as I say if the question is are they reconsidering trying to trade him.... then yes, I think they are probably pausing for thought. 

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

Your a fan you should know!

:lol::lol:

Just now, John from Hemet said:

You do realize that vertical game went down when they switched OC's right?

The vertical game went down from Roman to Lynn?

I've actually never heard anyone attribute that to the OC change before.

17 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

We have so many picks in this next draft

You cant weigh the one game drastically different than the rest. Just like a guy can’t shoot way up your draft board for a decent bowl game.

you look at the body of work and make an unemotional decision 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

You cant weigh the one game drastically different than the rest. Just like a guy can’t shoot way up your draft board for a decent bowl game.

you look at the body of work and make an unemotional decision 

I totally agree.

but what if they were on the fence about it till then?

I know fans have their opinions on what they want to happen....that does not coincide with the reality of what is going to happen.

33 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Entirely possible

At his price tag it seems easy to keep him around unless someone shakes free that’s decent value and somewhat reliable and we can snag them in free agency before Taylor’s bonus date. It’d be crazy to walk into the draft  (or cut TT at any point) with just peterman.

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I totally agree.

but what if they were on the fence about it till then?

I know fans have their opinions on what they want to happen....that does not coincide with the reality of what is going to happen.

I guess what if? That it’s a wildcard win would mean a hell of a lot more to you than them. I’d be shocked if they are totally undecided and a single game sways them.

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

At his price tag it seems easy to keep him around unless someone shakes free that’s decent value and somewhat reliable and we can snag them in free agency before Taylor’s bonus date. It’d be crazy to walk into the draft  (or cut TT at any point) with just peterman.

I guess what if? That it’s a wildcard win would mean a hell of a lot more to you than them. I’d be shocked if they are totally undecided and a single game sways them.

Exactly.

16 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

The vertical game went down from Roman to Lynn?

I've actually never heard anyone attribute that to the OC change before.

It wasnt scheme.

Seemed more it was a WR roster so decimated with injuries we had to sign percy harvin off the couch for him to have like 2 recs and re retire with migraines a few weeks later, that and defenses having more film on bills offense

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

It wasnt scheme.

Seemed more it was a WR roster so decimated with injuries we had to sign percy harvin off the couch for him to have like 2 recs and re retire with migraines a few weeks later, that and defenses having more film on bills offense

Certainly lots of factors, but we dropped from top 10 in big passing plays to bottom 5.  To say Rico killed our deep ball passing attack is just not true.

3 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Those passing yards doh

That bar is set extremely high sir.....we expect

Tyrod is not beating anyone by himself

Only about 5 qbs in the league have the ability to "beat another team"

We dont and probably will not have one of those QBs

Im not saying we should not try to find that qb......I am saying that the bills mgt might take a look at the fact they pushed deep into the playoffs with TT at qb and reevaluate

What I am trying to say is that we can beat the Jaguars but that doesn't show us anything.. but if TT comes into NE and we as a unit rise up and win - hey that shows that he is good enough and he must be retained instead of trading. Its a high bar because nothing else can possibly undo 3 years of 'force him to be a qb and win' in the eyes of the fans and the coaches/GM who tried benching him. 

Edited by Strethor

If TT beat both the Jags AND the Pats (huge IF), I firmly believe he will be retained in 2018.  I would still draft a QB but you simply cannot cast out an AFCCG appearing QB with no proven improvement on the roster. The only QB that I can remember that happening to was Alex Smith, and that was because the next season, Kaep had brought them to the Superbowl.