So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Correct. There is no reason to dump Tyrod unless there is truly a better option. It doesn't stop you from drafting a QB but it does give you the luxury of easing them in. Spite is the dumbest reason to do anything.

Is 29th ranked offense a valid reason ?    Or do you reward failure ? 

Edited by Teddy KGB

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This is my logic. Living in Philly, I have seen the drop off levels between elite QB play (Wentz), marginal starter/ quality back up (Tyrod/Foles) and the unknown dregs that idiots call for because they think anything will be better (Peterman/Sudfeld).

Elite talent will mask deficiencies you didn't know you had. Losing that changes election from Super Bowl to "maybe we win a playoff game". Dropping from the next level to Peterman level goes from frustrating to "I might be physically I'll watching this."

Unless my fantasy of the Bills trading for Luck comes to pass, we should start Tyrod Week 1, draft a guy in Round 1, and see how the season takes us.

The Eagles' fans are quite nervous heading into the playoffs after seeing the real Nick Foles play in the last two weeks.  What a drop off from the high level that Wentz was playing at.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not even convinced they will draft a rookie(in the first or second round at least). I could see them saying let's use this draft to fix the lines as opposed to using the picks to move up and take a QB.

Im hoping they go after a QB, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they don't. 

I agree with this. As conservative as it seems McD is, I can't see him reaching for one of the QB's coming out. If one drops he likes, I definitely think he takes him but I don't think he trades up. Just doesn't seem like it is his style. 

And from what I have heard, (this is from a family member who lives in Buffalo who knows a higher up that works at OBD, so it's not really a "source") McD is most disappointed in how he handled the QB position and he is not sure there is a person on the current staff that can handle it. He said the hiring of a true QB coach before the draft would be a determining factor of whether he would even consider the possibility of trading up for one. I have no idea if that's true, but it sounds plausable. Maybe this is a knock on Dennison, maybe not.

TBH, I think there is a better chance he trades up for #3 from UGA. That's a difference making position that he knows he can coach up.

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It won't happen, John.

Not that Tyrod won't play well. He might. He does sometimes. But not consistently. Not the way a team that expects to compete for Lombardis needs.

They know what Tyrod is. One good game won't change anything. It just won't. A season might have, but he's had three chances to do that. A season might have, but a game won't.

Yup. Tyrod was the QB of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Jordan Mills was the RT of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Vlad Ducasse was the RG of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Ramon Humber was ... I could go on, but the point should be clear.

This may be a playoff team but it's not a very good team and starting on it in no way means they want to keep a guy and don't desperately need an upgrade.

At QB, they want a guy who can play from the pocket. They gave Tyrod a chance to show he was that guy and we all saw the results.

This is pretty much it.  Dennison is going to extreme lengths to produce a passing game with TT (eg.  3 runs to the left to set up a fake run left , roll TT back to the right to give him passing lanes to throw through); this cannot continue, NFL is a pocket passers league now and we need one of them.   TT is too short, too small to really succeed at QB in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We move on to the next team.

Those that are 90% or more sold on TT won't change their mind and call those who 100% sure we know is who he is what he is idiots and fools because we won't change our minds.

And both sides look like fools. 

I feel like it’s fairly simple. You keep him around if you can’t find a free agent qb that might fit your system better or is more affordable with similar level of play. You still draft your QB NO MATTER WHAT. 

That being said... it’s very sad to me that you and others are going to be clamoring to get him out the door even if he and the team get to the divisional round. Thankfully I feel like the staff will be able to use a little more sense than that. The bottom line is he’s just not nearly as bad as you want to think he is. Sorry. 

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Correct. There is no reason to dump Tyrod unless there is truly a better option. It doesn't stop you from drafting a QB but it does give you the luxury of easing them in. Spite is the dumbest reason to do anything.

100% this. I don’t get why people are making it so difficult. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

And both sides look like fools. 

I feel like it’s fairly simple. You keep him around if you can’t find a free agent qb that might fit your system better or is more affordable with similar level of play. You still draft your QB NO MATTER WHAT. 

That being said... it’s very sad to me that you and others are going to be clamoring to get him out the door even if he and the team get to the divisional round. Thankfully I feel like the staff will be able to use a little more sense than that. The bottom line is he’s just not nearly as bad as you want to think he is. Sorry. 

Love really is blind.....

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It won't happen, John.

Not that Tyrod won't play well. He might. He does sometimes. But not consistently. Not the way a team that expects to compete for Lombardis needs.

They know what Tyrod is. One good game won't change anything. It just won't. A season might have, but he's had three chances to do that. A season might have, but a game won't.

Yup. Tyrod was the QB of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Jordan Mills was the RT of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Vlad Ducasse was the RG of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Ramon Humber was ... I could go on, but the point should be clear.

This may be a playoff team but it's not a very good team and starting on it in no way means they want to keep a guy and don't desperately need an upgrade.

At QB, they want a guy who can play from the pocket. They gave Tyrod a chance to show he was that guy and we all saw the results.

The point, while clear what you were trying to do, wasn’t a great one. 

Surely you understand some positions are more important and impactful than others. IMO this was a poor attempt to justify moving on. 

Heck i’m Not even 100% against moving away from him but let’s not grasp at straws and make weak points to justify doing so. 

2 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Love really is blind.....

You surely can’t be referring to me. If so you obviously didn’t read my post very well 

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Surely you understand some positions are more important and impactful than others. IMO this was a poor attempt to justify moving on. 

Heck i’m Not even 100% against moving away from him but let’s not grasp at straws and make weak points to justify doing so. 

You surely can’t be referring to me. If so you obviously didn’t read my post very well 

Ok, because 29th out of 32 is good.....

Edited by CircleTheWagons99

Statistically we are by far the worst team in the playoffs and need upgrading on both sides of the ball. We lucked out that the AFC was so bad this year that 9-7 was good enough to get in. We did beat playoff teams this year and also crapped the bed against teams that had no chance. We need to get better on offense and defense before we can truly challenge for the Super Bowl. I would love to beat the Jags this weekend it just depends on which Bortles shows up. Then we have to face the Patriots who have owned us this year but, have been susceptible and beatable at times. The one thing we have going for us is we are playing with nothing to lose we already made the playoffs which was way more than anyone expected. That being said this team made the playoffs as a team and made plays when they had to. We need to upgrade QB, Dline and Oline and sprinkle in some playmakers to make this a perennial playoff team that competes. With a better QB and dline we would be on bye right now watching the wild card game waiting to see who we play.

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Ok, because 29th out of 32 is good.....

Do you use sense and reason when you read things? 

Do certain position have more of an impact or not? Answer the question please. 

nowhere did I say it was good. I just simply stated his point was weak becuz comparing the RT or linebackers impact on a game to a qb’s is foolish. 

You’re apparently one of this guys that thinks if somebody isn’t bashing Taylor they must think he’s a top ten qb. 

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Do you use sense and reason when you read things? 

Do certain position have more of an impact or not? Answer the question please. 

nowhere did I say it was good. I just simply stated his point was weak becuz comparing the RT or linebackers impact on a game to a qb’s is foolish. 

You’re apparently one of this guys that thinks if somebody isn’t bashing Taylor they must think he’s a top ten qb. 

Im done with you too. You attecked the Def to defend TT. You and 26 should just message each other with how good TT is in your minds. 

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I think they'll want to trade Tyrod, keep Peterman as the stop-gap and draft the replacement.

The playoff berth just earned this regime the full 5 years. The Bills need to actually develop their own franchise QB for once.

No they haven't.  If they decide that Peterman is the stop-gap, and that this 5th rounder is the 2018 starter and don't get a first round blue chipper, and he fails then no way do they get 5 years.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Don't call him Shirley.

• Like (+1) 1

As to your question:"So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?"

We celebrate and move to New England. Let next year take care of itself after the season is over. Just enjoy the ride now---remember, its been 17 years people!

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Im done with you too. You attecked the Def to defend TT. You and 26 should just message each other with how good TT is in your minds. 

This is like talking with a teenager that can’t take emotion out of it. 

The defense wasnt good this year. The offense wasn’t good this year. The team was good at causing turnover and not turning it over and that’s what got us some wins. 

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Eagles' fans are quite nervous heading into the playoffs after seeing the real Nick Foles play in the last two weeks.  What a drop off from the high level that Wentz was playing at.

I know. And it's a huge drop off. But even the biggest haters of Nick Foles are going, "whoa, let's pump the brakes on the Nate Sudfeld talk". 

Instead, they are talking "seriously, let's get Adjayi going to take the pressure off and focus on getting the defense to clamp down." Sound familiar?

7 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I honestly think that if they advance into the playoffs that thinking could very well change.

Like I said....I want to draft a qb.....but bills management could very well think differently when they sit down and evaluate.   TT was the qb of this team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

Management should only evaluate TT performance this season and post season to evaluate his long term status with the team. He's a great game manager but I (like others here) feel he needs to be upgraded.