So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

5 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

We have so many picks in this next draft

We focus on Cousins. A. Smith become a spot gap possibility( Hate this) . Somebody decent might be coming out of Minnesota ( not Bradford) at the right price which wouldn’t be the cost of moving up in the draft.

TT will NOT get us further than this in the playoffs: sneak in with help and flukey early round wins...... unless we build a legendary D

• Like (+1) 1

I think they'll want to trade Tyrod, keep Peterman as the stop-gap and draft the replacement.

The playoff berth just earned this regime the full 5 years. The Bills need to actually develop their own franchise QB for once.

Edited by LeGOATski
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Why do these threads even have to come up now?

We just made the playoffs for the 1st time in 17 years. Can't we let it sink in and enjoy it for a few days without worrying about the draft and future quarterback talk. 

This x 10000.

And I'm not trying to defend Tyrod. I like him as a QB, but I also liked Fitz and Drew Bledsoe. It really all depends on what they want to do on offense.

Let's worry about that after the season is over.

5 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I honestly think that if they advance into the playoffs that thinking could very well change.

Like I said....I want to draft a qb.....but bills management could very well think differently when they sit down and evaluate.   TT was the qb of this team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

Doesn't matter if he is the QB of this team that made the playoffs after 17 years. We got there in spite of him, and from a gift from the heavens names Andy Dalton; not because of TT.

6 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

Demand a 3rd round pick for him and hope someone bites.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Cut him so he won’t get smoked by that terrible Pats defense again. 

Tough task to get past Jags elite cornerbacks. 

He did it last year. If we can make them respect the run and stop them from running on us were good. We cant go 3 and out too much cuz if our defense gets whiffed, its over for us.

Nothing changes. But I'm not convinced Taylor is totally done here either. The Bills will surely draft a QB, but that doesn't mean they start the rookie next year. And if you think the Bills will sign an interim free agent QB, he'll cost more than Tyrod. So why bother? 

7 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Demand a 3rd round pick for him and hope someone bites.

If he balls out vs jags we could push for a 2nd.

Teams that need qbs

Jets

Giants

Skins

Denver

Arizona

Browns

4 of those teams will bring in a FA QB since they are close to playoff caliber.  We should have a trade partner to grab a qb early.

I think by now you can see that Taylor is simply not a quality passer.  As much as he does to extend plays and is a gifted athlete, superior to many in the NFL even, he has just as many circumstances where he throws late, misses a developing route, or flat out misses the throw all together.  

But, I say they draft a pure passing QB, and not just any QB this year, or next if there's just not the right talent in the draft.

Same as IF he plays normally or even worse..  we get a new QB. I do not think it is "emotionally" possible to go back to Tyrod next year.  The Bills have left him out to dry a few times and their intentions of letting him go are obvious. It will be best for all parties involved to start anew.

I DO wish him luck though! Go Bills!!!

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I'm not even convinced they will draft a rookie(in the first or second round at least). I could see them saying let's use this draft to fix the lines as opposed to using the picks to move up and take a QB.

Im hoping they go after a QB, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they don't. 

That could happen if no one they like drops to the Bills. Especially if some real studs at other positional needs are there.

This is my logic. Living in Philly, I have seen the drop off levels between elite QB play (Wentz), marginal starter/ quality back up (Tyrod/Foles) and the unknown dregs that idiots call for because they think anything will be better (Peterman/Sudfeld).

Elite talent will mask deficiencies you didn't know you had. Losing that changes election from Super Bowl to "maybe we win a playoff game". Dropping from the next level to Peterman level goes from frustrating to "I might be physically I'll watching this."

Unless my fantasy of the Bills trading for Luck comes to pass, we should start Tyrod Week 1, draft a guy in Round 1, and see how the season takes us.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This is my logic. Living in Philly, I have seen the drop off levels between elite QB play (Wentz), marginal starter/ quality back up (Tyrod/Foles) and the unknown dregs that idiots call for because they think anything will be better (Peterman/Sudfeld).

Elite talent will mask deficiencies you didn't know you had. Losing that changes election from Super Bowl to "maybe we win a playoff game". Dropping from the next level to Peterman level goes from frustrating to "I might be physically I'll watching this."

Unless my fantasy of the Bills trading for Luck comes to pass, we should start Tyrod Week 1, draft a guy in Round 1, and see how the season takes us.

Correct. There is no reason to dump Tyrod unless there is truly a better option. It doesn't stop you from drafting a QB but it does give you the luxury of easing them in. Spite is the dumbest reason to do anything.