So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

We have so many picks in this next draft

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We play the next game. They knows tt is not the answer and will get another QB .

I honestly think that if they advance into the playoffs that thinking could very well change.

Like I said....I want to draft a qb.....but bills management could very well think differently when they sit down and evaluate.   TT was the qb of this team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I honestly think that if they advance into the playoffs that thinking could very well change.

Like I said....I want to draft a qb.....but bills management could very well think differently when they sit down and evaluate.   TT was the qb of this team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

I really believe we will draft a QB to replace tt even if we win the Superbowl. Tt has played  fair to poor all year and it's just not enough for sustained success, he would be the Trent Dilfer  of QBs if we win.

• Like (+1) 1

Playing very well for Tyrod is 230 yards and 2 TD's, something which is average for most other QB's in this league.

I'm all for bringing Tyrod back as a bridge QB, but there is no way you can build around him. You still have to go all in to get a passing QB.

• Like (+1) 1

It won't happen, John.

Not that Tyrod won't play well. He might. He does sometimes. But not consistently. Not the way a team that expects to compete for Lombardis needs.

They know what Tyrod is. One good game won't change anything. It just won't. A season might have, but he's had three chances to do that. A season might have, but a game won't.

2 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Yup. Tyrod was the QB of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Jordan Mills was the RT of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Vlad Ducasse was the RG of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Ramon Humber was ... I could go on, but the point should be clear.

This may be a playoff team but it's not a very good team and starting on it in no way means they want to keep a guy and don't desperately need an upgrade.

At QB, they want a guy who can play from the pocket. They gave Tyrod a chance to show he was that guy and we all saw the results.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

It won't happen, John.

Not that Tyrod won't play well. He might. He does sometimes. But not consistently. Not the way a team that expects to compete for Lombardis needs.

They know what Tyrod is. One good game won't change anything. It just won't. A season might have, but he's had three chances to do that. A season might have, but a game won't.

Yup. Tyrod was the QB of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Jordan Mills was the RT of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

And Vlad Ducasse was the RG of this team, a team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

This may be a playoff team but it's not a very good team and starting on it in no way means they want to keep a guy and don't desperately need an upgrade.

At QB, they want a guy who can play from the pocket. They gave Tyrod a chance to show he was that guy and we all saw the results.

I think more than wanting someone who can play from the pocket, they want someone who can and will throw the ball to receivers who are open, but not “5-yards open”, will throw to spots with anticipation, is capable/confident enough that the game isn’t all but lost if they are behind in the second half.

i think it is inaccurate to say that they are displeased with Taylor’s mobility - it is his short-comings as a passer that they are dissatisfied with.  

There are a slew of QB's available in free agency, but the really worthwhile ones will be retained or have some warts. One plan would be to keep TT on a 2 year contract but make him available for the right price.  If we could get two 2nd round picks about the middle of the round, we could trade him and pick up a replacement veteran for the short time.  The we would draft a 2nd round or lower 1st round prospect this year and take our crap shoot there. First round QB picks are not a sure thing. 

" Twenty-two have been taken in the first rounds since 1992. Six have been busts -- Mirer, Heath Shuler, Jim Druckenmiller, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Cade McNown. Dave Brown had early success with the Giants but he ended up being a career backup. The book is still out on Tim Couch in Cleveland. Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins did their best work on other teams that picked them off the street instead of the two that paid their first-round contracts.....Perhaps here is the most telling stat. Of the 14 quarterbacks taken in the top 10 of the past 10 drafts, only half -- seven -- became Pro Bowlers.

..."http://www.espn.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1540370.

There are 2 "good things" about this approach.  First, we get something good back for TT, because somebody might overpay for the shiny toy that got the Bills into the playoffs or even deep into the playoffs. If we are stuck with him for two years, well he is our veteran stopgap.    Second, we hold on to those 3 extra top 64 picks that people might want to spend on moving up to the top 5 or 10 spots to get a QB.  I would rather draft a top OT and two superior OG's with those picks. Hell, I might look like a good QB behind a great offensive line. 

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

Personally I don’t want to see us use draft picks to move up on a chance we get a franchise QB?  I say play out 2018 season with Tyron but fix the DL, LB and OL with some of the top picks, grab RB and WR in 3 or 4th rounds or maybe a an like the kid from NC State

It's basically on to NE then. If TT can have a Joe Flacco 2013 MVP SB run where he looked like Joe Montana throughout the entire post season everything will change.  We don't know what or how TT responds to big time games yet, we will see soon enough.

I have my doubts but would love to see TT prove me wrong about him.

TT it is all on you man, here's you chance to shine and become a big time QB in this league. Opportunity knocks like this once in a life time

Lets GO Bills!!!!

Add on, stuck in my head now :)

To Tyrod from Eminem:

Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture
Or just let it slip?

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

Well here is where it gets to be more complicated than stats will show. 

This team this year is not the most talented top to bottom. They win by playing as a team and excellent team chemistry. I don't know how McD as a coach can remove him from the team and not lose a large part of the locker room. I think making the playoffs kind of forces TTs way back on the team next season...at least to start out. I think we still draft a QB high. Wouldn't shock me to see TT and the rookie compete in TC and TT start the season as our starter. 

The only way I see that changing is if this week against the Jags TT has a Peterman-like collapse and we lose big.

5 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

We move on to the next team.

Those that are 90% or more sold on TT won't change their mind and call those who 100% sure we know is who he is what he is idiots and fools because we won't change our minds.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

It won't happen, John.

Exceptional post.

How this team made the playoffs was more about finally receiving good fortune than talent. Look at the numbers and it's quite possibly one of the worst seasons ever to qualify for the post season.

But I'll take it if it gets this monkey off our backs. 

Did the Ravens entertain or consider keeping Trent Dilfer after a SB victory?

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Playing very well for Tyrod is 230 yards and 2 TD's, something which is average for most other QB's in this league.

I'm all for bringing Tyrod back as a bridge QB, but there is no way you can build around him. You still have to go all in to get a passing QB.

Playing very well for Tyrod is maybe one half of football before he becomes McAfee Taylor.   

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

Give him a long term contract 

have you been hitting the mead again?  

:o:D