So what happens if TT plays well against the jags and we win?

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No they haven't.  If they decide that Peterman is the stop-gap, and that this 5th rounder is the 2018 starter and don't get a first round blue chipper, and he fails then no way do they get 5 years.

They have. In my opinion, they've showed that this is a winning program. They endured some hardships and got rid of some great players, but came out of it at 9-7. Brought the Bills back to the playoffs. Trust the process and see this through.

I meant that they would draft the replacement this year. Early. First round. Peterman would be the stop-gap in this scenario. They don't need a vet stop-gap. Peterman is that guy.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

2vx5a83.jpg

If he repeats his 2016 performance against JAX will it be good enough?

With McCoy well below 100%,  possibly sidelined, I don't think that stat line will be good enough.

The Jags have a great defense. I expect them to basically do what San Diego did in that second half. Tyrod will need to ball out.

8 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

Obviously we move onto the patriots to get drubbed again.....but my question is how upset would people be if the bills sat down......gave serious thought to the fact that TT was the qb on the team that made the playoffs.....and advanced past the wild card.

I personally think we should still draft a qb high.....but the picks are in the 20's so I think the top 3 qbs (whoever that is at this point) are probably not within our reach unless we trade up.  

We have so many picks in this next draft

He still is gone and you do whatever you need to in the draft to get to your QB 

3 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I doubt that stat line will be good enough on Sunday.

Likely not unless they get help from Blake Bortles.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

With McCoy well below 100%,  possibly sidelined, I don't think that stat line will be good enough.

The Jags have a great defense. I expect them to basically do what San Diego did in that second half. Tyrod will need to ball out.

San Diego?  B-)  Good point on Shady and Tyrod will certainly need to have a good game for the Bills to have a chance.  Jags pass D is tough with Ramsey and Bouye at CB.

7 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

I honestly think that if they advance into the playoffs that thinking could very well change.

Like I said....I want to draft a qb.....but bills management could very well think differently when they sit down and evaluate.   TT was the qb of this team that made the playoffs for the first time in 17 years.

You mean Andy Dalton was the QB that got them to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Likely not unless they get help from Blake Bortles.

San Diego?  B-)  Good point on Shady and Tyrod will certainly need to have a good game for the Bills to have a chance.  Jags pass D is tough with Ramsey and Bouye at CB.

Yes. Gimme at least until 2023 to start saying "LA"

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Correct. There is no reason to dump Tyrod unless there is truly a better option. It doesn't stop you from drafting a QB but it does give you the luxury of easing them in. Spite is the dumbest reason to do anything.

There is. Peterman can give you the exact play TT has. Just like Hoyer would have last offseason

49 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Eagles' fans are quite nervous heading into the playoffs after seeing the real Nick Foles play in the last two weeks.  What a drop off from the high level that Wentz was playing at.

This is exactly why fans want a better QB here, to have much better is the chance EVERY season at playoffs and beyond over the one miracle season that we have had this season of other teams helping our not good enough to get in.

I love we got this miracle this season to break the drought but fans want that feeling of a possible dynasty with a good enough QB to do it over the not good enough QB that needs the fluke of another teams help to get in and other miracles to align to hope it happens. It took so long for it to happen once.

Time for the Bills to stop overpaying for the not good enough QB wishing for a miracle every year and draft a bigger talent at QB that carries his team to over 10 wins getting in by dominating to wins. Baltimore/Cinci game showed Baltimore's D couldn't do it all, QBs matter just like Philly in a real drop off of a talent like Wentz to not good enough Foles.

31 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This is like talking with a teenager that can’t take emotion out of it. 

The defense wasnt good this year. The offense wasn’t good this year. The team was good at causing turnover and not turning it over and that’s what got us some wins. 

Bolded is wrong. The D is pretty much the reason the Bills are in the playoffs

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Playing very well for Tyrod is 230 yards and 2 TD's, something which is average for most other QB's in this league.

I'm all for bringing Tyrod back as a bridge QB, but there is no way you can build around him. You still have to go all in to get a passing QB.

As has been pointed out, average QB would include a turnover.  Wait until Bortles throws two picks this week and see what that does to a team.  

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Taylor wont be here. Unless he redoes his contract down to 8M again

Like I said, we'll see. I suppose we'll just have to accept a few fans will go away.

Edited by PromoTheRobot