Donate $17 to the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation!

HappyDays

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was just thinking that this is the type of story the league would want to promote 

Only Bills fan stories that get national attention involve jumping through tables, unfortunately. But who cares I couldn't be prouder of this fanbase.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

Are the Bills matching the fan donations?  

I was wondering if Pegs was going to throw in with a 17 with a few zeroes attached

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Only Bills fan stories that get national attention involve jumping through tables, unfortunately. But who cares I couldn't be prouder of this fanbase.

Good deeds should be done for the cause, not the publicity. Be happy people are channeling their energies for something worthwhile.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

This is absolutely amazing. Over $150,000. How do we get the Pegulas to send some donations and even the Bengals owners to send money???? Let’s figure it out. Go Bills!!!!!

i wonder what the ethical issues are of an owner of one team contributing money because of a game?  I understand it's harmless in this situation, but it might be something Pegulas avoid.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

This is absolutely amazing. Over $150,000. How do we get the Pegulas to send some donations and even the Bengals owners to send money???? Let’s figure it out. Go Bills!!!!!

Wouldn't be shocked if the Pegulas matched unless it's against NFL rules. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm with the folks that think this should remain a fan-only donation spree.   Keep the Bills, Pegulas, New Era, etc. out of this other than their retweets.  Let's see how much we can all raise together.  

A small organization such as this is probably happy to raise on average $1,000 - $2,000 or so a week, don't ya think?  This is insane.

Edited by zow2

1 hour ago, Billzebubba said:

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

This is simply amazing. Way to go everyone.

Man, there has been so many great moments in sports that I have seen and that sports have provide me.

This one, with this charity, and for the reasoning behind it, truly falls under the category of a nice moment for all those involved.  

I'm so proud of this fan base, and still very appreciative to AD for the pass.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

I doubt it. Plus, I kinda like this is a fan thing. This is bills mafia. Leave corporate out of it

Yes, it is best if "corporate" stays out of it and doesn't donate $100k+ to charity in a move that would also bring positive national attention and make us look like a better city to play for to free agents.

It is great that this play has so much more meaning beyond football.  Andy seems like a great guy and his and his wife's foundation addresses a significant need.

It you guys are looking to donate, another symbolic number is $49.00, because the play was a 49 yard TD pass.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

For the record I'm broke and can't donate but at least Tweeted it and whatnot to try to spur friends to action.

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat
Please put a penny in Andy Dalton's hat
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!

God Bless and Go Bills!
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, klos63 said:

i wonder what the ethical issues are of an owner of one team contributing money because of a game?  I understand it's harmless in this situation, but it might be something Pegulas avoid.

I was actually wondering the same thing - there may be some stated or unwritten rules about donating money to player causes 

14 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yes, it is best if "corporate" stays out of it and doesn't donate $100k+ to charity in a move that would also bring positive national attention and make us look like a better city to play for to free agents.

I could  actually see the NFL having an issue with that. You know theirs probably some rule that doesn't allow it 

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

THIS coupled with the Bills fans at the airport, in the concourse at the Dolphins game watching and celebrating together, the Kyle Williams TD, the Bills in the locker room celebrating and all the fan footage of them celebrating at their respective parties and bars is INCREDIBLE

WITHOUT A DOUBT my happiest and more importantly, PROUDEST moment as a life long Bills fan.

I am OK with being a crying adult male right now. 

I feel silly.

I haven't cried yet. But I want to tell my office mates about this because it is just so cool and sweet. But I can't because I am afraid I will start crying.!

This is the best Bills experience for me in recent memory. I love seeing everybody so happy and how much the fans deserve it and how joyous they are . And I am so proud of how we are really doing something good and positive and wonderful and great! Go Bills Fans! Woot woot!

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's possible tampering. Just like teams arent allowed to talk to players under contract. If Pegula "donates" a bunch of money to a player's charity, and that player is in the last year of their contract, it could be seen as a move to sway them to Buffalo. For example.

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Per John Murphy on WGR

Dalton to be on the show tomorrow

I was actually wondering if Murph would get him on. I coukd see this thing getting to almost 500k with the publicity 

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Not to pat ourselves on the back, but this has to be a huge story throughout the week or lead up to pre-game, or for one of those closing stories on the nightly news.

Imo, this IS the story. Ya we've missed out on the playoffs 17 yrs, but this money is gonna help so many sick people. This is seriously awesome 

• Like (+1) 3

I dropped in $100.00, I am sure he didn't do this for us but the two men indirectly changed Buffalo's perception over night. Donating only adds to the mystic of being One Buffalo! I hope Pegula's are allowed by NFL and do a donation to his foundation, would it be considered pay for play?

• Like (+1) 2