A few thoughts about the Patriots game

Virgil

I’m too angry to give a nice little intro. I’m tired of morale victories and these bull **** games against the Pats, for so many reasons. 

1 - Tolbert - Just stop. Run plays that get blown up behind the line of scrimmage. 2nd and goal from the 17 and a pass to him?! Why??? He has no chance and we keep trying. Then on 2nd and 25 they run him?!  I just can’t understand his utilization. 

2 - Refs - What happened to conclusive evidence to overturn a call?  Also, if a play breaks the plane on a non- touchdown but also pulls it back, then it’s the end result spot.  These refs have given so many games to the Pats in recent weeks.  I’m sick of it. You can’t beat the refs and the Pats in Foxboro.  We got absolutely !@#$ed   

3 - Red Zone - You can’t go 3/4 in the red zone with all field goals and expect to win. Clay drops, terrible play calls (more on that), and the Refs just defined this game. 

4 - And I could be good, and I would - If I knew I was understood

And it'll be great, just wait - Or is it too little too late?

5 - Gaines - We are now 1-4 when he is out. Johnson and others get abused out there and it kills us.  We need more depth at DB and his absence proves it every week. 

6 - Linebackers - Milano and Brown were fantastic today. They tracked down multiple plays in the backfield and broke through the line of scrimmage to get to them.  Just great job by these guys today. 

7 - Defensive Line - Another week of zero pressure and getting blown off the line on rushing plays.  The Cold front is dead and gone. 

8 - Zay Jones - Where the hell is this guy for multiple games in a row?  I hate to talk about non-factors in a game like this, but c’mon!  He can’t even get a catch?!

9 - Dennison - You know you’re going to go for on 4th and 2 and you call two straight pass plays?!  For one creative play, he has two head scratchers that kill drives or set us back.  Blame Tyrod all you want, but this guy is terrible and needs to go. 

10 - McDermott - Two games against the Pats and not a legitimate offensive touchdown?  8-7 is 8-7. Yes there are improvements on the team, but there are also steps back and the end result stays the same.  He had these guys ready, but still allows the same tragedy to occur on the field.  

!@#$ Gronk. !@#$ the Refs. !@#$ Brady. !@#$ the Pats. 

Go Bills and Merry !@#$ing Christmas

• Like (+1) 8

Tyrod was awful. Total lack of situational awareness all day. Yes it was not a well called game by Dennison for the most part but ultimately Tyrod dug us into too many holes with bad, bad decisions. 

Last week is, barring a playoff miracle, his last game in a Bills uniform. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Tyrod was awful. Total lack of situational awareness all day. Yes it was not a well called game by Dennison for the most part but ultimately Tyrod dug us into too many holes with bad, bad decisions. 

This.

Tyrod has no idea what the down and distance is, what the clock is at, how many points we’re up or down by, or the overall strategy behind the playcalling.  He’s like a goldfish - every 30 seconds, his memory wipes.  Each play is its own disconnected, sandlot free for all.  He is totally unplugged from the game situation at all times.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good post man,Funny how the OP did not point any blame at Tyrod at all

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Good post man,Funny how the OP did not point at Tyrod at all

Tyrod wasn’t an issue in the game for me and wasn’t why we lost.  Rather than make this a TT discussion, like they always turn into, I left him out.  

He he had two TD’s dropped or overturned. He had terrible play calls or covered receivers.  He missed some throws, but so did Brady. He had a good stat line and there were way worse concerns on the field. 

You csn can pin it on Tyrod if you want, but you’d be wrong 

5 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

I am disappointed that they didn't dole out a late hit on Gronk or Brady. They lost the game regardless, might as well have disbursed some karma.

Sadly, I wanted the same thing 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod wasn’t an issue in the game for me and wasn’t why we lost.  Rather than make this a TT discussion, like they always turn into, I left him out.  

He he had two TD’s dropped or overturned. He had terrible play calls or covered receivers.  He missed some throws, but so did Brady. He had a good stat line and there were way worse concerns on the field. 

Tyrod did well in the first half but went bye bye in the second. Blame the refs all you want it happens every NE game. Maybe if Tyrod threw the ball further away from the sideline he would have caught it in bounds.

We need a QB that can game all game not just a half, IMO Tyrod played well the first half then protected his stats the second by going ultra conservative..

Tyrod scored how many TDs today in this big game?

Edited by xRUSHx

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m too angry to give a nice little intro. I’m tired of morale victories and these bull **** games against the Pats, for so many reasons. 

1 - Tolbert - Just stop. Run plays that get blown up behind the line of scrimmage. 2nd and goal from the 17 and a pass to him?! Why??? He has no chance and we keep trying. Then on 2nd and 25 they run him?!  I just can’t understand his utilization. 

2 - Refs - What happened to conclusive evidence to overturn a call?  Also, if a play breaks the plane on a non- touchdown but also pulls it back, then it’s the end result spot.  These refs have given so many games to the Pats in recent weeks.  I’m sick of it. You can’t beat the refs and the Pats in Foxboro.  We got absolutely !@#$ed   

3 - Red Zone - You can’t go 3/4 in the red zone with all field goals and expect to win. Clay drops, terrible play calls (more on that), and the Refs just defined this game. 

5 - Gaines - We are now 1-4 when he is out. Johnson and others get abused out there and it kills us.  We need more depth at DB and his absence proves it every week. 

6 - Linebackers - Milano and Brown were fantastic today. They tracked down multiple plays in the backfield and broke through the line of scrimmage to get to them.  Just great job by these guys today. 

7 - Defensive Line - Another week of zero pressure and getting blown off the line on rushing plays.  The Cold front is dead and gone. 

8 - Zay Jones - Where the hell is this guy for multiple games in a row?  I hate to talk about non-factors in a game like this, but c’mon!  He can’t even get a catch?!

9 - Dennison - You know you’re going to go for on 4th and 2 and you call two straight pass plays?!  For one creative play, he has two head scratchers that kill drives or set us back.  Blame Tyrod all you want, but this guy is terrible and needs to go. 

10 - McDermott - Two games against the Pats and not a legitimate offensive touchdown?  8-7 is 8-7. Yes there are improvements on the team, but there are also steps back and the end result stays the same.  He had these guys ready, but still allows the same tragedy to occur on the field.  

Great point, totally missed that one.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod took multiple sacks when he could have easily thrown the ball away. Those sacks hurt, but he wasn't the lone reason. Play calling was bad too. Refs were ridiculous. Not one holding call on NE..

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod certainly missed some plays and those were pretty upsetting, but so many critical calls going against us, it's hard to fight that. Dline needs bigtime help in the draft.

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This.

Tyrod has no idea what the down and distance is, what the clock is at, how many points we’re up or down by, or the overall strategy behind the playcalling.  He’s like a goldfish - every 30 seconds, his memory wipes.  Each play is its own disconnected, sandlot free for all.  He is totally unplugged from the game situation at all times.

Perfectly said. 

They say Cutler doesn't care, but did you see TT moping with a towel on his head? 

3 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Tyrod did well in the first half but went bye bye in the second. Blame the refs all you want it happens every NE game. Maybe if Tyrod threw the ball further away from the sideline he would have caught it in bounds.

Defence also went "bye bye" as they didn't stop New England once in the 2nd half

Edited by billsfan11

Just now, TuelTime said:

Tyrod took multiple sacks when he could have easily thrown the ball away. Those sacks hurt, but he wasn't the lone reason. Play calling was bad too. Refs were ridiculous. Not one holding call on NE..

1 penalty all game. An obvious offside. Ridiculous.

Just now, billsfan11 said:

Defence also went "buh bye" as they didn't stop New England once in the 2nd half

Against Brady you can not stop every time our QB needs to help out not take the rest of the game off.

1) It's hard to play the Patriots, but it's even more difficult to play the Patriots, the refs, the networks and the advertisers. This game did not go a long way to making me trust the NFL.

2) I will say this for McDermott......the team puts forth a solid effort.

3) Dawkins looks like a very good LT. I thought he would be good coming into the season but he far exceeded my expectations.

4) Why can't we find a player in the 4th round like this kid Trey Flowers? He looked like the strongest guy on the field and he isn't THAT big. We need a player just like him SOOO bad!

5) If you hear that same sweet song again, will you know why?
Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passing by.
Laugh in the sunshine
Sing, cry in the dark,
Fly through the night.

Don't cry now.
Don't you cry.
Don't you cry any more,
La da da da da.

Sleep in the stars,
Don't you cry.
Dry your eyes on the wind,
La da da da da da!

6) This team, despite the final score, looks promising. I have not felt this way in many years.

7) Merry Christmas to each and every one of you, and may God bless you all and all of your loved ones.

8) Keep up the good work Virgil and thank you.

9) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

it's obvious this years team was built with no intention of competing for a play off spot. I said at the beginning of the season that if not for the Bills, Tolbert's career would be over. Makes no sense to have him on the team.

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Against Brady you can not stop every time our QB needs to help out not take the rest of the game off.

Offence had to do more of course.

But not going to win a game when it's 13 13 at half and your defence can't stop the Pats once. It really Is as simple as that 

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

1) It's hard to play the Patriots, but it's even more difficult to play the Patriots, the refs, the networks and the advertisers. This game did not go a long way to making me trust the NFL.

3) Dawkins looks like a very good LT. I thought he would be good coming into the season but he far exceeded my expectations.

4) Why can't we find a player in the 4th round like this kid Trey Flowers? He looked like the strongest guy on the field and he isn't THAT big. We need a player just like him SOOO bad!

Laugh in the sunshine
Sing, cry in the dark,
Fly through the night.

Don't cry now.
Don't you cry.
Don't you cry any more,
La da da da da.

Sleep in the stars,
Don't you cry.
La da da da da da!

6) This team, despite the final score, looks promising. I have not felt this way in many years.

7) Merry Christmas to each and every one of you, and may God bless you all and all of your loved ones.

9) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it does, but we will have a pretty big turnover next season, need to hit on the draft.

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Offence had to do more of course.

But not going to win a game when it's 13 13 at half and your defence can't stop the Pats once. It really Is as simple as that 

16-16 Man and Tyrod did not score a TD once. The D gave up IMO and I do not blame them, all Tyrod did was protect his stats the entire second half. Maybe if the O gave more the second half the D could dig deeper to help but no it was all on the D to do it all, even score TDs. Playing against a HOF QB(some say the best EVER) and our D kept us in the game till the end and your pointing at the D as to why we lost?

Edited by xRUSHx

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There is a still a large talent gap beteeen the teams...once the Pats figurr out what we are doing they start rolling in the second half...sme thinf happened in both games...with help from the refs in this one...

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

that tells me all i need to know.

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Laugh in the sunshine
Sing, cry in the dark,
Fly through the night.

Don't cry now.
Don't you cry.
Don't you cry any more,
La da da da da.

Sleep in the stars,
Don't you cry.
La da da da da da!

Feels like the good ol days. Thanks Bill.

Brady threw one ball up to Gronk that got PI. Other than that, Brady relied on the ground game and it worked for him. 

Brady had 3 and outs, missed passes, but had better support.  QB’s miss passes.  

Thinking this loss was all on Tyrod is ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

...ALL spot on as usual Virgil.....red zone is a leper colony....Gaines out equals light out...Milamo shines...Tolbert is a burned out bulb....a mish mash of f-ups with no killer instinct...."L" earned................

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That should not have been overturned. That said where was the O the entire second half they were outscored 24 to 3. That is not going to win against good teams.

You totally missed my point. Read some prior posts before jumping in. 

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have respect for Taylor's effort, but he just isn't very good.  You can't be a serious playoff contender when you know it is game over as soon as you fall behind by 7 points.

i know that there are other problems on offense besides Taylor, but he is the QB and in two games against the Pats, the offense scored 12 total points (heck, the defense scored 7).  I'll grant that the O should have had a TD on the Benjamin play before half, but that would take the offense's total to 16 against the Pats in 2 games - that is 8 points per game and that anemic output is certainly not all on Dennison.

He refuses to throw to anyone that isn't WIDE open.  If you watch other games, other QBs certainly fit the ball into receivers that are more covered than anyone that Taylor will even try to throw to.  I'd take Taylor as a backup, but he is not a quality NFL starting QB.

it sounded like Tony Romo was in pain watching Taylor.  I have never heard another game where the color announcer pointed out so many times plays that went unmade because the QB would not throw it or throw it on time.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Honestly this is the real reason in the drop of ratings. It's not kneeling protests or streaming, the NFL has lost credibility with certain owners becoming too influential. I refuse to think of Brady as any kind of GOAT as long as he gets so much help from the refs. It's a waste of time watching any Patriots game regardless who they are playing. Steelers got robbed last week...