More from obd

1 minute ago, zonabb said:

Can't via the County Clerk without an acct. Other ways are possible but more tedious. One is the real estate transactions every Sunday in the Buffalo News. Other is if you know the location, use the County's GIS service to look at parcel ownership. 

I’ve done it all over the country, and it’s different everywhere. It’s very tedious to figure out different systems. Ask a pro in the area. 

tyrod will be traded or released after the season there is no doubt about that...thats not news....cousins will not come anywhere near buffalo...even if washington didnt tender him (or whatever the term is) there will be other teams gunning for him and much more attractive destinations IMO.....my "source" (you know that little birdie) tells me bills are going to try their hardest to use some of those draft picks and possibly move up in the draft and get a QB.....

1 minute ago, essential said:

There is no morphing into a team that can play in the kind of weather we had vs the Colts.  If the entire planet was conditions like that and humans evolved over thousands of years then maybe we'd be able to have an advantage in that weather, but as it stands now there is no way we could build a highly functional team for that weather.

That was a freak storm and timing (which I thoroughly enjoyed despite the quality of the football played). How often does THAT happen? But there IS such a thing as a big, tough cold weather team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m sure your source appreciates you leaking info that is supposed to be kept quite.  

Exactly...l'll now wait for breaking news on the NFL network since this explosive news have now been leaked.....you know especially in the  hunt for a WC spot currently!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:
  • Dunkirk Don
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Just in from my source, Taylor will start remainder of season regardless of win/ lose.  Bills will not cut Taylor but if attempt to trade him for another low round pick.  Cousins definitely in mix to be next year qb.  Ties to Buffalo confirmed.   New stadium will be built in 2021or 2022.  Location picked.  Do not buy the hype about land study.   Go to land purchases for last two years and you can determine location.  Also check to see minority investment owners you will will see ties to Buffalo area.   This property in  four years will be most valuable in western New York. Not just where the stadium will be built but surrounding areas. Check transactions and building permits for new restaurants and you will see connections

It's my understanding that the Bills will have to pick up Taylor's option before they trade him, correct?

And if that's the case, the other team will have to be willing to pay Taylor the amount of that option.

Regardless, if Buffalo plans to trade him, picks up his option, but can't find a trade partner, then Buffalo is "stuck" with him.

Can you explain this, please?

Otherwise, forgive me if I don't believe you have a legit source.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Kirk Cousins is not leaving Washington without them getting draft pick compensation in return. 

A franchise tag will get them in cap hell, which leaves a transition tag which doesn't come with draft pick compensation.   They have a bunch of other players with escalators in 2018 and will be tied up in FA until they resolve Cousins.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

A franchise tag will get them in cap hell, which leaves a transition tag which doesn't come with draft pick compensation.   They have a bunch of other players with escalators in 2018 and will be tied up in FA until they resolve Cousins.

I know that, but I expect they'd strike a deal to not match if they don't want to keep him that is. 

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's my understanding that the Bills will have to pick up Taylor's option before they trade him, correct?

And if that's the case, the other team will have to be willing to pay Taylor the amount of that option.

Regardless, if Buffalo plans to trade him, picks up his option, but can't find a trade partner, then Buffalo is "stuck" with him.

haha....this.....got give this guy an A for creativity at least......well maybe a B-

Dome possible if other invest so it is multi purpose otherwise dome cannot be cost justified.  Coaches prefer open stadium for home field advantage and team is built for outside play. Dome would require different type players.  Owners prefer dome for investment and year round income.    

Retractable roof

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

That was a freak storm and timing (which I thoroughly enjoyed despite the quality of the football played). How often does THAT happen? But there IS such a thing as a big, tough cold weather team. 

Sure it was a freak storm, but in general the cold weather conditions limit your skill players.  This is a passing league and will be for a long time.  Outdoor games in December will limit our ability as much as other teams.  Maybe there will be a small advantage but I think that's negligible.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'd rather have a controlled atmosphere and have team vs team, skill vs skill.

Edit:

And yes ideally it's an retractable roof stadium for me as well.  If you want to leave it open through November when it's cold ... that's their choice, but we should never be forced to play in conditions like we had vs the Colts.

Edited by essential

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Finally someone that gets it

Well, worked in land development, govt, planning, land use law.... I know pretty much anything about land records you could ever want to know. Also have key contacts inside many institutions locally and have my ear to the rail on a stadium. I'm not hear to get into this argument. I have my own sources and insight that doesn't align, so I'll let it be. Also, with a potential loss of a key financial tool used to fund stadiums via muni bonds potentially disappearing in the proposed new tax laws, it becomes harder to build one. Other issues are problematic on that 2013 timelines, from acquisitions and potential eminent domain issues; environmental review; the ability of the govt to fund the massive public infrastructure (sewer and water systems in Bflo would cost tens of millions to fix and service a stadium; roads) to serve a downtown stadium all make this a challenge. Not saying it can't happen or won't.... endless cash can make the impossible possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

The Bills will be going to a natural grass field next year.  Check your source.

Out of any “rumor”, I tend to believe you.

I believe there is a rule that artificial surfaces in the NFL must be changed after seven years.

This is the 7th year with this field.

• Dunkirk Don
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Just in from my source, Taylor will start remainder of season regardless of win/ lose.  Bills will not cut Taylor but if attempt to trade him for another low round pick.  Cousins definitely in mix to be next year qb.  Ties to Buffalo confirmed.   New stadium will be built in 2021or 2022.  Location picked.  Do not buy the hype about land study.   Go to land purchases for last two years and you can determine location.  Also check to see minority investment owners you will will see ties to Buffalo area.   This property in  four years will be most valuable in western New York. Not just where the stadium will be built but surrounding areas. Check transactions and building permits for new restaurants and you will see connections

So if a trade cannot be arranged for TT, he will be....traded?

Anyway, I don't want to look at land purchases or check transactions and building permits for new restaurants.  Why don't you just tell us where and who?

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, essential said:

Sure it was a freak storm, but in general the cold weather conditions limit your skill players.  This is a passing league and will be for a long time.  Outdoor games in December will limit our ability as much as other teams.  Maybe there will be a small advantage but I think that's negligible.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'd rather have a controlled atmosphere and have team vs team, skill vs skill.

Edit:

And yes ideally it's an retractable roof stadium for me as well.  If you want to leave it open through November when it's cold ... that's their choice, but we should never be forced to play in conditions like we had vs the Colts.

Again, I enjoyed the Colts game, but it was indeed silly. We should also never lose a home game to Detroit, but that’s life in WNY. That game would not have happened even with a dome. No one could even get to the stadium.  So...

19 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Lotto number. Lol. These are not predictions nor are they are written in stone.  Things change but here are the thoughts.  The stadium will not be south of Buffalo.  If cousins is not franchised he will be Buffalo.  

The backpeddling begins.......

5 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Remember Tom gibbons. Our former heading of scouting.  Check where he grew up.  I coached him and he introduced me to many people at one bills drive.  See what former bills daughter he married Where is our head trainer from ? Worked at fredonia state. He introduced me to many people at one Bills Drive.  I am well connected

Gibbons grew up in Dunkirk

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Retractable for say summer concerts 

keep football open air with one exception 

thunder  storms 

That could work for me. I hope they find a partner and go retractable mostly because I think it’s good for WNY. 

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think Taylor has an option clause this year.

Perhaps you mean his roster bonus?  I get confused about the rules there myself, but after reading up: whatever team he's on pays the roster bonus.

I think it's due the 3rd day of the new League Year so March 17 (might be the 5th) so they can trade him between March 14th and March 17th and the partner would pay.

I think.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, essential said:

Sure it was a freak storm, but in general the cold weather conditions limit your skill players.  This is a passing league and will be for a long time

I have a counter comment 

what about the SB years with Kelly and company 

Denver and KC get snow as does GB and Chicago and New England and the New York Jersey teams and Philly and Pittsburgh and Baltimore etc etc etc 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan