12-4: McDermott and Coordinator Pressers - Taylor Starting QB "When Healthy"

13 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Right?  5 picks - nuff said.  He didn't really do anything when he came back in garbage time either.  

To me,  the 5 picks were meh... he just looked like he was still hearing footsteps in yesterday's game when there was no pressure. Inaccurate,  not reading the field,  and throwing everything with extra mustard.  

45 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The playoff chances are still alive and the AFC situation remains fluid. So does the Bills QB situation. If the Bills lose another game ( other than to the Pats) the QB decision will probably change. It's still too early. 

When you get into the area where you have a chance to make the playoffs but a better chance of being struck by lightning is it really a chance.

The Ravens are a game up on us and have the tie breaker and we have to play the Patriots again. Can we just shut down the playoff talk.

Starting Taylor does nothing for this organization, take a look at Peterman and let him get some game experience. Hell I guess even take a look at Joe Webb too. I watched Webb play with the Vikings and Bears and Packers fans were praying that the Vikings would keep Webb. Webb is one of those players that if released wouldn't be signed by another team. Once you identify those types of players you release them.

Yuk

Move on already, start a new era, the Tyrod era should be officially over in Buffalo now but yet here we are with Chan2.0 pushing Fitz on the fans. The Buffalo groundhogs day continues.

Impress the fans tell us Tyrod is done in Buffalo and they are moving on to next year's draft while evaluating our OC and Peterman but to trot Tyrod out again is just horrible IMO. If Peterman gets the wins and we hit the playoffs that is great for him but if he fails it is no different then what we expect from Tyrod and his 50 yard games. IMO It is now all about next year's draft or if Peterman and our OC turn to gold in the next few weeks but Tyrod? Come on man it's over for him here.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

I am absolutely tired of the "At least we tried" attitude. I just want an honest presser from a head coach once. Show me that you are trying to change things.

I'm not a huge McDermott fan, but there really isn't much he can say right now that's positive without it sounding like 'coachspeak'. We have a lousy team, it's gonna get worse before it gets better. We will have another huge turnover next season and they will need to hit on most of those changes just to be competitive.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't feel that way yet.  

I would like to see what he does with more of his own roster and a QB not named Tyrod Taylor.  

yeah...i need to see what happens with the off season/draft before i good all kromer on a beach around here.

1 minute ago, PeterGriffin said:

Colts coming up so Tyrod might actually get over 100 yards.

Have you seen the movie Major League?  If so, remember the part where the Indian's Manager removed pieces of apparel off of a cardboard cutout of the owners body after each win as motivation?

Maybe we should have one of those on the sidelines for our passing game.  For every 10 yards we get, we take an article of clothing off of, any cardboard cut out that Taylor desires.  Hopefully we will remove at least 10 articles of clothing.

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Who suggested maybe the Bills will pick up a DE by Sunday??... Beane and McD just let Eric Lee get signed by the Patriots... He started and made the Bills pay for their stupidity... Belechick has picked our pocket a few times... 

Well all teams would love more pass rushers and you could say this about 29 other teams.

He was let go by the Texans before the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I am at least glad someone asked the question.  Doesn't seem like there was much coverage if any in local media calling out the hit or the (lack of) players reaction to it.  This is one time when I would have welcomed an attacking, name-calling screed from Sullivan

Until eliminated, makes sense to stick with TT. Sure he might not be a great option (!) but Peterman was atrocious and recall how everyone were saying what an horrible decision that had been to put him in? AFTER the game of course. I'm glad NP looked decent in this 4th quarter duty.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Have you seen the movie Major League?  If so, remember the part where the Indian's Manager removed pieces of apparel off of a cardboard cutout of the owners body after each win as motivation?

Maybe we should have one of those on the sidelines for our passing game.  For every 10 yards we get, we take an article of clothing off of, any cardboard cut out that Taylor desires.  Hopefully we will remove at least 10 articles of clothing.

We would need to use Kim Pegula in a bikini.

7 hours ago, dneveu said:

Right?  5 picks - nuff said.  He didn't really do anything when he came back in garbage time either.  

So give Peterman 3 QTR's of NFL football but broken Tyrod 3 years? The Bills are screwed if we ever draft a high end QB as fans will run him out of town in 6 games, we would have run Peyton out of town after his first season.

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

“when healthy” i will not be turning on. Bills game again this year (for my own health and love of the game) i cannot stomach this anemic Offense and blah QB

I think I'm here with you after reading this one.

7 hours ago, Big Curt said:

What do some of you "Fans" expect?  Coach Mc D went to the 2nd option and he had an all-time meltdown.  Believe or not, Tyrod won a huge road game last week when no one expected it.  As of right now he gives the Bills the best chance to win because the other guy blew it.  5 int's in the first half.  I agree Tyrod will not be in a Bills uniform next season and he's not a "franchise"  QB.  We just have to live with him until the Bills are out of the playoff hunt.  Going back to Peterman will be a disastrous move.  

You mean our Defense won against KC. 16pts on Offense was actually pretty pathetic as well.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

The playoff chances are still alive and the AFC situation remains fluid. So does the Bills QB situation. If the Bills lose another game ( other than to the Pats) the QB decision will probably change. It's still too early. 

....BEWARE of the Colts......it's Billsy to lose games that there is no way in hell you should or could lose...........Jacoby is out for revenge.................

LESLIE FRAZIER: "PLAYING A COMPLETE GAME" (14:04)

Defensive Coordinator Leslie Frazier addressed the media Monday topics include; take advantage of playing at home, playing better in the second half, and improving the run defense.

RICK DENNISON: "MAKE PLAYS" (13:38)

Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison addressed the media on Monday topics include; being creative on the opening drive, getting receivers open, and taking advantage of opportunities.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Off of Terry or Kim??

4 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

I like the fact that we didn't go after Gronk for that hit. That doesn't mean the team is spineless, it means it is smart. Well, other than Jerry Hughes of course. I liked it. No need to do something stupid to get yourself suspended. Gronk looks terrible right now. 

That’s with the French said.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He wanted Peterman to take over and in his one chance.....Nathan blew it.

As bad as he looked against the Chargers, he didn't do toooo badly yesterday. Lot of dropped passes and stupid play calling in the RZ ( not one run play when you have mistake prone rookie QB at the helm???). Hope Peterman learned his lesson to not throw the ball in the playing field every passing down and when pressured. If he is careful with the football going forward, the O can't be much worse than it has been. 

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't feel that way yet.  

I would like to see what he does with more of his own roster and a QB not named Tyrod Taylor.  

I was/am trying to remain optimistic but there are definitely some worrying signs. How he handles the roster and coaching staff after the season will be crucial. A lot of changes need to be made.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....BEWARE of the Colts......it's Billsy to lose games that there is no way in hell you should or could lose...........Jacoby is out for revenge.................

I really don't think we're going to lose to the Colts.  And I'm really not all that excited about that.

Pretty numb to this team at this point.

McDermott's been pretty confusing in the last month or so.

So, last week after the KC victory, he would only commit to Taylor as the starter for the Patriots game, right? 

Now, suddenly, he says "Taylor is our starter, when healthy."

What gives?  Super confusing.

As much as I'll root for Taylor under center when he gets back, this was like the perfect opportunity for McDermott to just find a way to start Peterman the rest of the way and either see if the kid has recovered and is a competent NFL QB or if he continues his dumpster fire play from the Chargers game.  And McDermott wouldn't have to face much or any backlash from the public/media/team because he can at least use injury largely as the excuse.

Either way, all parties KNOW what's coming in the offseason.

It's a typical early December... "in the hunt" in technical terms but it's a distant hope.

I'm rooting for Ws still because I can't root for a Loss... not like me rooting for a W has any influence over the game, anyway.  And I'm already seeing the Bills win their next 2, going into a Christmas Eve game giving me a small bit of hope and then ruining my damn holiday week by losing both of their last 2 games.

Those sons of bitches!

McDermott: "As a gesture of my appreciation to the fans here in the fine city of Buffalo, Mr. Pegula is writing every fan a check for 2 million dollars. Also, we drafted Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen and Lamar Jackson. We also signed Tom Brady and Drew Brees as alternate options. Also, we are very proud of the 19 straight Super Bowl wins we've racked up."

The Fans: Puke! Barf! Get this bum outta here! This is crap! I have serious concerns! This is not good enough! Spineless! They didn't put a hit out on Gronk, losers! 

Playing Tyrod and not playing Milano are 2 strikes against this coach IMO. Milano is clearly the best LB we have...Good things happen for us when he is on the field and wide open holes in the middle of the Defense exist when he is on the sideline. Tyrod is just not getting it done. I don’t know what it’s going to take to realize it, but we have just done nothing on offense all year. He doesn’t fit, never has, never will. Why do we keep starting him? How many less passing yards could we possibly have? I just want this coach to step up and start Peterman and give Milano the full time MLB spot and slide Preston to SLB or the bench.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

9 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

So give Peterman 3 QTR's of NFL football but broken Tyrod 3 years? The Bills are screwed if we ever draft a high end QB as fans will run him out of town in 6 games, we would have run Peyton out of town after his first season.

I fully expect this to happen.

9 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I fully expect this to happen.