Gronk committed deliberate, intentional, and defenseless criminal assault with his metal elbow brace

reginald

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The NFL had better throw the book at this B word!

Who cares if he's never done anything as egregious like this before? He did it and he did it with intent.

Gronkowski's "apology" was insulting.

Gargantuan fine and a suspension of no less than 8, no more than 12 games for this piece of crap.

If the NFL really wants to send a message to deter players from doing anything like this, they will get it.

You cannot ignore the fact that this team needs him to make another run.  And when have they ever been punished properly?  I would suspect a $12,500 fine and a letter sent to all the teams saying they should not do anything like that.  

I'll add... The league should also make him take that brace off.  He's not injured, and now he's using it as a weapon.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

You cannot ignore the fact that this team needs him to make another run.  And when have they ever been punished properly?  I would suspect a $12,500 fine and a letter sent to all the teams saying they should not do anything like that.  

I'll add... The league should also make him take that brace off.  He's not injured, and now he's using it as a weapon.

Yeah like I said, the brace makes this whole thing like WWF

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

The brace protects the metal rods in his forearm. He has been wearing it for 2 years +.

clearly he still needs to use it, or next time he arm bars some defenseless player on the ground, he might re-injure his forearm.  

The more I think about this, the more i just want to see it all burn.  any league that protects brady like it does, and lets  a guy like Gronk run wild deserves to collapse under the weight of it's own hubris

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Hyperbole much?

It was a dirty hit.  Very dirty.  But no one came close to dying and he shouldn't be brought up on criminal charges.  This wasn't a curling match, for Christ's sake. 

Why don't you lay down face down WEARING A HELMET and let me drop a 275 lb weight on the back of your head because I'm mad at you. Let's call it "weight training". You cool with that Mr. Gugny?  Or let's do that to your son. Or daughter. Let's call it "fun". let's call it "hypberbole".  You ok with that? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Head injuries are extremely serious, helmet or not. In a way it is worse than a stabbing because the damage is not immediately apparent. That being said unless the injury is truly serious I don’t expect Gronk to be charged, in the same way that a drunk driver who slams into an empty street corner won’t be charged with manslaughter because of pure luck that no pedestrians were in his way. But if it turned out to be a serious injury there is a very real criminal case here.

Time will tell the seriousness of the injury/impairment and may/may not have an effect on potential outcomes, but the brain clearly is defined as an organ, weapon/dangerous instrument was certainly used even using his 270 pound body could be classified as a dangerous weapon, even if its a metal brace and he used his body to add to the impact there certainly is a criminal case here regardless. It was after the play, it has nothing to do with sports or playing through the whistle, or "he held me." which even for Gronk unreasonable and stupid. Legally, there is a case here, I doubt anything will come of it in that regard. 

As for the NFL, while I dont recall the specifics this is not the first time this year I have watched a game and been amazed that someone wasnt ejected for something  flagrantly similar to this, the officials should have ejected Gronk on the spot (SECTION 3 - UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT - If the infraction is flagrant, the player is also disqualified. NFL RULEBOOK), if not "NY" should have called since they watch everything at the league office and let the officials know he needs to be ejected. If this does not result in a lengthy suspension, the NFL has lost me and all their "we care" about head injuries, and player safety talk. This was as deliberate an attempt to injure another player as I have seen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CanadianFan said:

Why don't you lay down face down WEARING A HELMET and let me drop a 275 lb weight on the back of your head because I'm mad at you. Let's call it "weight training". You cool with that Mr. Gugny?  Or let's do that to your son. Or daughter. Let's call it "fun". let's call it "hypberbole".  You ok with that? 

Do you get this angry every time an NFL player beats up a woman or a child?

It's interesting to me that, over the years, the most angry I've seen Bills fans is when players knelt for the anthem and this dirty play.  But domestic violence?  Nah.

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Guys, the brace protects his arm, so clearly he’s allowed to whack people in the helmet with it, from behind no less, in order to protect his arm.

it's cool and good because it's football

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Guys, the brace protects his arm, so clearly he’s allowed to whack people in the helmet with it, from behind no less, in order to protect his arm.

And poor hurt feelings. 

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.  It's really an unforgiveable disgusting act by Gronk.  He basically curbstomped White and honestly could have seriously injured him (or worse).  The Trevathan hit was nasty, but at least it was arguably in the course of actual gameplay.  Gronk's was just a sickening cheapshot.  Kermit Washington / Rudy T level stuff.  Really no different than walking up to a random person on the street and punching the back of their head as hard as possible. 

I honestly will root for Gronk to suffer a career ending injury from this point forward.  Something I've never thought or said about any player in the past.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

The brace protects the metal rods in his forearm. He has been wearing it for 2 years +.

It would appear he's not worried about those rods at all.   The brace is large, extraneous, and now being used as a weapon.  

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.  It's really an unforgiveable disgusting act by Gronk.  He basically curbstomped White and honestly could have seriously injured him (or worse).  The Trevathan hit was nasty, but at least it was arguably in the course of actual gameplay.  Gronk's was just a sickening cheapshot.  Kermit Washington / Rudy T level stuff.  Really no different than walking up to a random person on the street and punching the back of their head as hard as possible. 

I honestly will root for Gronk to suffer a career ending injury from this point forward.  Something I've never thought or said about any player in the past.

i've never cheered for a player to be injured, and I've been a fan for 40+ years, but i really want to see something horrible happen to gronk.  I dont think this bills team as constituted today is willing or able to defend a teammate, gronk has basically cucked them all, but maybe karma will express itself through another, better team

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do you get this angry every time an NFL player beats up a woman or a child?

It's interesting to me that, over the years, the most angry I've seen Bills fans is when players knelt for the anthem and this dirty play.  But domestic violence?  Nah.

Oh I do. Ray Rice has NO BUSINESS doing this to a woman. 

BUT YOU, ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT - YOU ARE COWARDLY IN TRYING TO DEFLECT - YOU HAVE MADE AN ERRONEOUS STATEMENT ABOUT A CRIMINAL ACT AS NOT BEING CRIMINAL. AND NOW ARE TRYING TO DEFLECT. THAT'S COWARDLY. YOU ARE COWARDLY MR. GUGNY. 

But you got MY POINT. If I did that to you, that's criminal. But according to YOU it's ok for Gronk to do that to Tre White? When it CLEARLY ISN'T PERMITTED IN THE GAME OR IN LIFE. GET A GRIP ON YOUR OWN HIDEOUS FAULTY LOGIC MR. GUGNY. YOU CAN'T ADD 1 TO 1.

Edited by CanadianFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, CanadianFan said:

BUT YOU, ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT - YOU ARE COWARDLY IN TRYING TO DEFLECT - YOU HAVE MADE AN ERRONEOUS STATEMENT ABOUT A CRIMINAL ACT AS NOT BEING CRIMINAL. AND NOW ARE TRYING TO DEFLECT. THAT'S COWARDLY. YOU ARE COWARDLY MR. GUGNY. 

But you got MY POINT. If I did that to you, that's criminal. But according to YOU it's ok for Gronk to do that to Tre White? When it CLEARLY ISN'T PERMITTED IN THE GAME OR IN LIFE. GET A GRIP ON YOUR OWN HIDEOUS FAULTY LOGIC MR. GUGNY. YOU CAN'T ADD 1 TO 1.

I'm not changing the subject.

There's a lot more domestic abusers than Ray Rice, you know.

Remember, Joe Mixon broke a pregnant girl's face ... then got drafted.  Where was the uproar?

I'm not deflecting.  I just don't think what Gronk did was criminal.  I think it was stupid.  I think it was dirty.  I think it was wrong.

You better call your IT guy.  There's something wrong with either your Shift button or your Caps Lock button.

Have a good day, eh.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think a metal elbow brace wielded by a 270 lb world class athlete could be considered a deadly weapon.

"A deadly weapon is generally defined as a firearm or anything manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purposes of inflicting death or serious physical injury."

I believe his elbow brace was "adapted" by Gronk to inflict serious physical injury.

You are arguing NYS penal law matters with the wrong person. In no way, shape or form would Grinkowski’s elbow brace be considered a deadly weapon.

Now, go look up dangerous instrument.

14 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

All kinds of wrong here.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

So far:

There's a warrant for Gronk's arrest

White is on life support

K Williams has been forced to retire

P Brown has been forced into panties.

I heard Jerry Hughes had his tongue cut out, but I'll wait for 26CopyPaste to confirm.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He needs to be suspended for the season.

I can live with that

40 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

And now he can use it as a weapon.

How convenient.

I don't know why people want to ruin the fun of all the outrage. It was a dirty hit and it's being called out. Don't worry your best friend Gronk won't be arrested. People just venting about a guy who did a real dirty thing. 

I think out of all the places in the world you would understand this is a Bills message board and maybe defending your man Gronk and being a fanboy isn't a real great idea in this place. Let people vent while you stroke your Gronk poster at home. Like you should be surprised at the reaction a dirty hit like that on a Bills player would get here. 

Sorry you are more worried about defending Gronk then Tre White our amazing draft pick. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Hyperbole much?

It was a dirty hit.  Very dirty.  But no one came close to dying and he shouldn't be brought up on criminal charges.  This wasn't a curling match, for Christ's sake. 

I dont know man.....Gronk has been put back together so many times now he must be made like 90 percent metal.

His whole body is a weapon

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not changing the subject.

There's a lot more domestic abusers than Ray Rice, you know.

Remember, Joe Mixon broke a pregnant girl's face ... then got drafted.  Where was the uproar?

I'm not deflecting.  I just don't think what Gronk did was criminal.  I think it was stupid.  I think it was dirty.  I think it was wrong.

You better call your IT guy.  There's something wrong with either your Shift button or your Caps Lock button.

Have a good day, eh.

wow you're not capable of admitting what you just WROTE - we are discussing GRONK'S HIT ON TRE WHITE and you CHANGED THE SUBJECT TO DOMESTIC ABUSE.

CAN YOU READ MISTER GUGNY?  Do I need to make BIGGER FONTS FOR YOU? I guess you do - here you go in bigger letters:

we are discussing GRONK'S HIT ON TRE WHITE and you started discussing DOMESTIC ABUSE. That's called "changing the subject".

let me add it again, it's not ok, it's never ok to abuse women or men or children for that matter. NEVER EVER. but that's a topic worthy of its own thread. Just own up to your error Gugny. OWN IT. DON'T SQUIRM YOUR WAY OUT OF IT LIKE GRONK IS TRYING TO.

Edited by CanadianFan

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Right hitting a guy late after a play with an elbow, as opposed to grabbing a guy forcing his head and neck into the ground as hard as possible and then proceeding to punch him repeatedly which ended his career and broke his neck altering his life forever seems like a bit of a difference.

So, Tre wasn't hurt enough for you? But, both instances had player (a) hit player (b) with an intent to cause severe bodily harm. Both instances happened outside the scope of the game. Player (b) was injured on both played. Both plays had player (a) land a blow from behind, which drove the head of player (b) into the ground/surface. 

It is not harder to make Gronks hit seem worse when one points out that the hit happened while play had ceased. Gronk also used a brace as a weapon. AND, Tre was already on the ground when Gronk launched. 

I suppose the only valid argument you have is the extent of the two injuries, as Tre only got a concussion and didn't have his neck fractured... 

You are aware that criminal charges can, and should be brought, against Gronk, regardless of Tre ONLY having suffered a concussion. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Quick anatomy lesson. Humans have this thing attached to their neck that we call the head. The head contains something very important called the brain. The brain is responsible for normal function of the rest of the body. If hit with a sufficient speed and force, the brain can be irrepably harmed and cause life-long bodily impairment.

I love this post.

Some people, like yourself, also use their head for thinking and learning.

Some use it more just for talking, without the thinking or learning activity.

4 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

wow you're not capable of admitting what you just WROTE - we are discussing GRONK'S HIT ON TRE WHITE and you CHANGED THE SUBJECT TO DOMESTIC ABUSE.

CAN YOU READ MISTER GUGNY?  Do I need to make BIGGER FONTS FOR YOU? I guess you do - here you go in bigger letters:

we are discussing GRONK'S HIT ON TRE WHITE and you started discussing DOMESTIC ABUSE. That's called "changing the subject".

It's not changing the subject.  It's simply putting this into perspective.

I'm interested in the reactions of fans to certain things.

We have people calling for Gronk to be suspended into the playoffs.  That's 5 games at a minimum.

This is the same league that gave Zeke Elliott 6-games for beating up a defenseless woman.  The most, I believe, for a domestic abuser.

And, somehow, people think Gronk's hit on White is almost as bad?  I'm sorry, but I disagree.

I'm also sorry that you're so angry about this.

I hope you can find some happiness in your day.

It's one thing to suck.  It's another thing to be gutless.  Like the Sabres watching Lucic run over Miller and doing nothing. Pathetic. Bunch of fake tough guys like Jerry Hughes who yells at the ref.

teams take on the personality of the coach and we have Jauron Jr.  I hate hoping for injuries but someone should have blindsided Gronk right in the back.  Thug. 

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Just watch the Steelers Bengals WC game for starters from 2 years ago for starters. Burfict alone has a highlight real worth of hits.

Kiko Alonso on Joe Flacco a few weeks ago for starters or as I said above the entire Bengals Steelers WC game was a straight joke by both teams.

Incorrect. Those were on the field of play.

Alonso's was even arguably, poor judgement.

Even the very dirty hit on Aaron Williams last year was at least during a play with the clock running.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

It's one thing to suck.  It's another thing to be gutless.  Like the Sabres watching Lucic run over Miller and doing nothing. Pathetic. Bunch of fake tough guys like Jerry Hughes who yells at the ref.

teams take on the personality of the coach and we have Jauron Jr.  I hate hoping for injuries but someone should have blindsided Gronk right in the back.  Thug. 

The Pats players take on Belicheck's personality?  When does Belicheck ever get fired up like Brady or Gronk?

The only player on the Pats who take after Belicheck is Gilmore.

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We have people calling for Gronk to be suspended into the playoffs.  That's 5 games at a minimum.

This is the same league that gave Zeke Elliott 6-games for beating up a defenseless woman.  The most, I believe, for a domestic abuser.

And, somehow, people think Gronk's hit on White is almost as bad?  I'm sorry, but I disagree.

It's not perspective Gugny. You clearly excused Gronk for the hit. You need to admit, own it, and be a man about it. 

Edited by CanadianFan

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So far:

There's a warrant for Gronk's arrest

White is on life support

K Williams has been forced to retire

P Brown has been forced into panties.

Castration for the rest of the roster.

3 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

It's not perspective Gugny. You clearly excused Gronk for the hit. You need to admit, own it, and be a man about it. 

I did nothing of the sort.

I agreed with another user that he should be suspended for the remainder of the regular season.

I'm sorry I'm not in the "tar, feather, castrate, then decapitate," camp.

It's a !@#$ing game.  It's a !@#$ing tough game and bad things happen sometimes.

Gronk is not a dirty player.  He is a great player who made a stupid mistake.  Big !@#$ing deal.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What separates or differentiates the act of a man hitting a defenseless woman and a man "assaulting" a defenseless man?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

oRBjbb0.gif

Makes me nuts that 5 guys didn’t beat Gronk to a pulp after that.  I understand two wrongs don’t make a right, but how do you not stand up for a teammate like that?  Screams gutless... and the Pats are somewhere laughing about it. 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

"Perspective"  oh ok let me try it

White isn't a starving war orphan in the South Sudan, therefore this isn't a big deal.

am i doing this right?

Just now, P51 said:

What separates or differentiates the act of a man hitting a defenseless woman and a man "assaulting" a defenseless man?

I thought at this time in history people were striving for an equality. So I'd want the same equal treatment if attacked then everyone else. 

Just pointless talking points to deflect blame of his favorite player.

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

"Perspective"  oh ok let me try it

White isn't a starving war orphan in the South Sudan, therefore this isn't a big deal.

am i doing this right?

Show me how it's relevant to the NFL (like my domestic abuse comparison) and you might be on the right track.

But so far .... no.  You !@#$ed it up pretty badly.