Gronk committed deliberate, intentional, and defenseless criminal assault with his metal elbow brace

reginald

Not only should Gronk be suspended for the remainder of the season, he should be brought up on a "assault with a deadly weapon" charge.

Look at the picture in this SI article, of Gronk, and what appears to be his metal elbow brace. The video clearly shows how he used that metal elbow brace to attack a defenseless player. Gronk purposely and knowingly slammed (using the full weight of his body) the side of the metal elbow brace directly into the back of Tre's helmet/head. He's lucky he didn't kill him. 

Edited by reginald
commas needed
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hyperbole much?

It was a dirty hit.  Very dirty.  But no one came close to dying and he shouldn't be brought up on criminal charges.  This wasn't a curling match, for Christ's sake. 

• Like (+1) 1

I couldn't agree more. If he's not suspended for a month then at the very least the League has to take that brace away from him. In fact, I don't think anyone should be allowed to wear something like that during a game. It's way different from wearing a brace on your knee.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Hyperbole much?

It was a dirty hit.  Very dirty.  But no one came close to dying and he shouldn't be brought up on criminal charges.  This wasn't a curling match, for Christ's sake. 

if Hughes did the same to Brady, with a steel gauntlet, it would absolutely be considered criminal assault

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

if Hughes did the same to Brady, with a steel gauntlet, it would absolutely be considered criminal assault

No.  It wouldn't.  It would be a personal foul; he'd get fined and suspended.  Just like what will - and should - happen to Gronkowski.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Correct. Even Rodney Harrison said last night he would be in jail if this happened on the street. 

And so would every boxer and MMA fighter.  Stupid analogy.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

No.  It wouldn't.  It would be a personal foul; he'd get fined and suspended.  Just like what will - and should - happen to Gronkowski.

1.  It wont happen to Gronk unless the upper east side types that goodell keeps company with are offended

2.  Let's say White's career is over.  He takes Gronk and the NFL to court, it's an open and shut case.  Gronk wont get jail time or anything but White will be a very wealthy man.  There's not a jury outside of Boston that wouldnt rule in his favor.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

"Bills Lives Matter"

"Bill Down...Don't Pounce!"

...then there is the racial angle.  big white dude curbstomps much smaller african american man laying defenseless on the ground, face down, flagrantly violating the rules, and getting off scott free

Don't rewatch it, it can get infuriating. That's about as malicious as it gets. I have no respect for anyone willing to do that to someone when they are defenseless.

I imagine the NFL will give him the same thing they gave Evans. One game. It's not about the suspension for me, after rewatching it and sobering up the Bills at the very least need to play through the whistle and take some penalties in the next match up.

Preston Brown should be wearing panties at practice all week after his pathetic flag waving motion whilst his teammate is knocked out. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Anyone would go to jail if a pedestrian is lying on the street and another person jumps on them slamming their elbow against the back of their head.

I agree.  But this wasn't on the street; it was on a football field.

I'm not saying that the hit wasn't dirty.  I'm not saying that it wouldn't be "assault" if it happened between two people on the street.

If I throw a baseball as hard as I can and hit someone in the head on purpose, I'll get charged.  Just like if I slash someone with a hockey stick.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Don't rewatch it, it can get infuriating. That's about as malicious as it gets. I have no respect for anyone willing to do that to someone when they are defenseless.

I imagine the NFL will give him the same thing they gave Evans. One game. It's not about the suspension for me, after rewatching it and sobering up the Bills at the very least need to play through the whistle and take some penalties in the next match up.

Preston Brown should be wearing panties at practice all week after his pathetic flag waving motion whilst his teammate is knocked out. 

agreed.  nobody should say it outloud, but clearly someone from the Pats should be put into concussion protocol next game. preston brown is a disgrace.  

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It has happened in similar situations in hockey and players have received convictions, it is extremely extremely unlikely in this case but I think it will happen in the future.  Then there is the civil side, Imagine if Tre White's career was over, Gronk has some very deep pockets.  The NFL and players association  would fight it in court but to just claim it couldn't happen is simply  inaccurate.  This is a Pandora's box no one but effete SJWs and the lawyers want to open up.

One more reason the NFL is dying, in 20 years the NFL is going to look like the pro bowl.

• Like (+1) 1