When the dust settles, I’m mad, and you should be too...

McBean

I’ve had fun sometimes throughout the season. By posting the cake thread and being reeled in by the fake 5-2 start by this team.

I admit, for a brief moment I bought the hype. Now, as I reflect back, I’m livid.

We have missed an incredible opportunity and really have shot ourselves in the foot. I’m talking 3-5 year setback.

Why you may ask?

We tried winning and losing at the same time. It’s got me pissed off with McBean and company.

We should’ve rolled out Peterman every game this season to see what he has and traded McCoy, K Williams, and Glenn.

Now we’ve missed out on Rosen, Mayfield, Rudolph, or Darnold.

With the collapse of KC we could’ve been looking at 2 top 10 picks. It makes me sick. At this point, we NEED to lose out and so does KC.

If not, we have to trade the house for #1 overall. I would hate to do it but we’ve went long enough and tried too many other options besides selling out for QB.

Until we get a QB, this team will blow past the 20 year mark with no playoffs.

Disgusting and sad!

We'll still have a top 10-15 pick, and have a shot at a QB naturally. There are enough good QB's in this year's draft that we can find our guy if done correctly. We can also trade up if need be, and get our man that way.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen, etc. someone will be there, just as Watson was this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Get over yourself. There is not a QB in the 2018 draft that is even close to can't miss.  The Jets arent tanking.  No team in the NFL tanks.  Rosters constantly turnover and your play is on tape for everyone to see. 

Wasting draft picks moving up to draft one of these college flameouts is the sure way to no playoffs for another 3-5 years and at least one more regime change.

Go get a veteran QB like Eli or Cousins and draft the supporting cast to win in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

You should be banned for supporting Taylor like a maniac.

I support getting a new QB.  You should be locked in an asylum for talking tank and acting like Peterman is anything but a scrub. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I wouldn't trade Shady at this point. Glenn is overpaid. Wood is overpaid. Incognito underpaid.

Let's not forget that Cleveland made that trade with the Eagles and they got Wentz. The Browns have two early first round picks this year. 1st & 8th. 

Another thing is that the besides the Bills the Browns, NY Giants, NY Jets, Cardinals, Denver and perhaps Jacksonville will all be looking to land one of those QBs.

I just hope this new scouting staff can properly evaluate the QB prospects this year.

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Dumb.  Tanking is not a smart strategy especially for a fist time coach.

It hasn't worked in the NFL yet there are countless threads introduced as if that's the only path to a Franchise QB.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Anyone still thinking the playoffs are a possibility needs to have their head examined. This season is done. Some of us knew it a few weeks ago. Would need total collapses by the Ravens, Chiefs and a few others. And that’s besides us suddenly ripping off wins. Not going to happen. 

So McBean is mad cuz the Bills didn't tank this season? Really?! That sends a great message to the players and the fans right? Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will the Bills winning ways..

We are 6 and 6, could probably combine our upcoming 2 first round picks and maybe move up in the 2018 draft to the top 10 picks if there is a QB that the Bills brass believes is worthy.

Yet mad that we aren't tanking? C'mon..we are a better team this year than last even with the Exodus of a lot of our so called top players.

I for one wasn't expecting a playoff push this year yet we are still in the middle of the night given the AFC mediocrity this year..I'll take that over folding over and playing dead as a football organization

Let's look at who will likely be ahead of us and their chances of drafting a QB:

1. Cleveland Browns - They drafted DeShone Kizer in the 2nd round last year, hoping for him to be their man. Has had a rough season, but will they really give up so easily? People were calling Goff a bust last year, only to see him do a complete 180 this season.  (Maybe)

2. San Francisco 49ers - They just traded their original 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo, and wouldn't have done that unless they plan to spend the money needed to resign him long-term. He's a FA next year, so unless they wanted to give up a high draft pick just to let him walk, there's no way they don't consider him their franchise QB at this point. (NO)

3. NY Giants - They still have Eli Manning, although he's now benched for the year. However, they drafted Davis Webb with their 3rd round pick, and apparently want him to develop him into their next QB. He's still raw, so there's definitely a chance they draft a QB in the 2018 draft too. Unless he gets playing time & lights it up, they very well could draft someone high. (Likely)

4. Chicago Bears - The Bears traded up from third overall to second, just to draft Mitch Trubisky. To do that, they swapped 1st round picks, traded 2 third round picks and a 4th round pick. There's almost no way they can risk that being all for nothing by giving up on him so early. Bears fans were already pissed, I can't imagine how pissed they'd be losing all those picks to move up ONE spot, then replace the guy they did it all for. (NO)

5. Denver Broncos - Although the Broncos spent a 1st round pick on Paxton Lynch in 2016, they've been hesitant to commit to him. Couple that with their Osweiler & Siemian being horrible, it's looking like Elway is going to have no choice but to draft a QB to inspire any confidence in next season. (YES)

6. Indianapolis Colts - Chuck Pagano is probably out as HC, and Jacoby Brissett is not the answer. However, it all depends on Andrew Luck. The team doesn't want to let him go, but apparently his return is more mental than physical. If there's any chance Andrew Luck is healthy going forward, they're going to use him. (Unlikely)

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - They have Jameis Winston and like Jameis Winston. They will not be using a 1st rounder on a QB. (NO)

8. Houston Texans - DeShaun Watson proved that he was definitively, without question, the best QB in the 2017 draft. He's solidified as the starter. (NO)

9. Arizona Cardinals - Depending on Carson Palmer's health and desire to keep playing, this is up in the air. It's very reasonable to assume they'll look for a QB in the draft, though perhaps not in the 1st round. They may be a willing trade partner for someone who NEEDS a QB now, but may be content to take one in the later rounds to develop. (Maybe+)

10. Washington Redskins - It all depends on how they feel about Kirk Cousins. Will they finally sign him to a long term deal? Does Cousins even want to stay there? (Maybe)

11. Oakland Raiders - Derek Carr is still their man. They'll use their 1st on anything BUT QB. (NO)

12. Cincinnati Bengals - As long as Marvin Lewis is their HC, Dalton will probably stay their QB. There's always a slim chance they pull the trigger on someone, but they've remained steadfast thus far, why start now? (Unlikely)

13. NY Jets - They spent a 2nd round pick on Hackenberg, and have been developing Petty since 2015. They're more likely to target a FA QB in my opinion over drafting one, but you never know with the Jets. There's also a good chance by the end of the season they'll have a better record than us, so we may pick before them anyway. (Maybe+)

14. Miami Dolphins - The Cutler signing hasn't worked out, but they still have Tannehill. They're not drafting a QB to replace someone they believe to be in his prime and just about to turn into the QB they've been looking for all these years. Just like with the Jets, they also have a chance to finish with a better record than us too. (NO)

15. Los Angeles Chargers - Rivers is going to be their QB until he retires. They could always draft one in the later rounds to develop, but not one of the big names. (NO)

Everyone else around the same record as us already has their guy. KC has Mahomes, Falcons have Ryan, Cowboys have Prescott, etc. So out of the people we're competing with, I see 7 definitive "No's" and some "Maybe's." The only teams that are certain or very likely at this point are the Broncos, Giants, and perhaps Jets or Cardinals. The Jets or Cardinals could possibly finish ahead of us, as well as a few other teams, so they're less of a threat. Keep in mind all these teams could target a QB in Free Agency as well with the boon of QB's becoming available.

I believe with the Bills draft capital, combined with where we'll finish the season, will give us ample opportunity to hit on one of the big QB's in the draft. There are definitely teams ahead of us that would trade, so as long as the scouting department does their homework, we should be set.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

We'll still have a top 10-15 pick, and have a shot at a QB naturally. There are enough good QB's in this year's draft that we can find our guy if done correctly. We can also trade up if need be, and get our man that way.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rudolph, Rosen, etc. someone will be there, just as Watson was this year.

This.  Y'all made now but this offseason you'll come back to really measure this staff.

we always lose to the pats.  Most teams do, it's like y'all forgot.

• Like (+1) 1

One of the top 3 QBs to be drafted last year went in the 10th to a team that placed 4th in the AFC.

Just cuz its not a supertank doesnt mean we cant draft a good prospect. Im starting to question this teams talent recognition with all the trades/releases and the ps Super Hero Lee at LB for the pats*

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

.  No team in the NFL tanks. 

Absolutely right.  To tank you have to have everyone on board.  What player in his right mind is going to decrease his individual performance and value for the sake of his team moving up in the draft.  In the old days that might have occurred, but today, with free agency and salaries as they are, it's everyone for himself, no matter what anyone says.

We didnt set ourselves back at all. In football more than any other sport drafting high doesnt mean you get the right player.

Roethlesberger was drafted 18th, Flacco was a mid first round pick..Rodgers was picked 26th, Brees 32nd in 2nd round, Carr in 2nd round, Brady 6th round, Wilson 3rd round, Prescott 4th round...

Tanking doesn't guarantee you anything in football and you dont really need to do it if you draft well.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We didnt set ourselves back at all. In football more than any other sport drafting high doesnt mean you get the right player.

Roethlesberger was drafted 18th, Flacco was a mid first round pick..Rodgers was picked 26th, Brees 32nd in 2nd round, Carr in 2nd round, Brady 6th round, Wilson 3rd round, Prescott 4th round...

Tanking doesn't guarantee you anything in football and you dont really need to do it if you draft well.

Roethlesberger was drafted 11th.  Two picks ahead of the Bills

Just now, /dev/null said:

Roethlesberger was drafted 11th.  Two picks ahead of the Bills

My bad...I think Flacco was drafted 18th..

Either way, still shows you dont need a 1st overall pick at QB to be good

One more slip by the Chiefs vs. the Chargers and their pick will shoot up into the top 15 as well.  

Bills will be fine for draft capital on draft day - we'll just have to watch and see how the all-new staff does picking the players.  Won't really know until 2019 or so though.

Btw, Jared Goff was a bust last year - remember?  :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

My bad...I think Flacco was drafted 18th..

Either way, still shows you dont need a 1st overall pick at QB to be good

Also debatable how good Flacco really is - but your point is 100% valid - lots of good QBs aren't at the top of the draft, though it's also true a lot of them are.

I also question all these predictions that Mayfield is a late 1st pick - if he tears it up in the playoffs, how id he not in the top 10?

3 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Also debatable how good Flacco really is - but your point is 100% valid - lots of good QBs aren't at the top of the draft, though it's also true a lot of them are.

I also question all these predictions that Mayfield is a late 1st pick - if he tears it up in the playoffs, how id he not in the top 10?

I'm not a big Flacco fan either but he has a Super Bowl ring and played really well for a few postseasons as well...

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Hang in there bud. Rudolph and Mayfield won’t go in the top 10, maybe not even top 20.

Darnald and Rosen will go top 5.

Buffalo will have a pick in the top 15, we should have the ability to grab a top 3 QB.

There's no way Mayfield doesn't go top 20 imo... I'm almost certain he'll go top 10, especially if they win their playoff game and get to the National Championship. Also, there's always 1 or 2 QB's whose draft stock skyrockets after the combine, the closer we get to draft day.

If the Bills snagged Mayfield without having to trade up, I'd be stoked. I'd be thrilled if we get any of the top guys though, as they're all better than the class we had last year (minus Watson). Reminds me of the Rivers, Manning & Roethlisberger draft class (the one where we traded back into the 1st round & took JP Losman...ugh). 

Hopefully, we'll have better luck this go-around.