If gronk isn't suspended...

Hebert19

47 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

That you compare Kiko taking liberties while Flacco is sliding to Gronk dropping a WWE-style elbow on the back of a prone defender's head tells me that you have utterly missed the point 

Exactly. How ridiculous. Alonso hit came at lightning speed when Flacco took forever to start his slide..  you don't get a free 2 yards because you slide so late that a guy cannot change direction or let up. It was a hit to the head, and therefore deserving of a fine but not a suspension. Gronkowski, on the other hand? He dove on a guy who was OB after the play and after watching his own teammate touch him down. Not even in the same universe as the Alonso hit. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So if Gronk got ejected, that would be like a suspension (missed game)?

He wasn't, so let's stick to what happened.

AJ missed almost all of the Jags game with his ejection IIRC.

Gronk should face a similar punishment.  In this case, he can't retroactively be ejected so I'll settle for a 1 game suspension.

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

He wasn't, so let's stick to what happened.

AJ missed almost all of the Jags game with his ejection IIRC.

Gronk should face a similar punishment.  In this case, he can't retroactively be ejected so I'll settle for a 1 game suspension.

Just trying to follow your logic.  It was essentially halftime for Green

He will probably get a rest during their bye next week.

Edited by Mr. WEO

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

Gronk apologized and will want leniency....he was “frustrated”. On that basis, 70,000 Bills fans should be allowed to storm the field and trample Brady to death. 

Yep, if he gets away with this where does it stop. It was not even close to being part of a football play, just an intentional assault well after the play resulting in injury. Far more egregious than a late hit or high hit imo.

Edited by Turk71

Though I've been a member of this board during the past 20 years, I seldom post messages.However, what Gronk did today made me so pissed off so much.

In our next game, we better go after Gronk's knee. Or go after his head and give him a concussion. Who cares if we get penalized? We have nothing to lose at that point. Deliver multiple hits to this head. Have one tackler wrap him up while the other 2 defenders go after his knees. Gang tackle him each time. Take him out. Whatever it takes. The Bills need to stand up for themselves and give the message that they can't mess around with us like that. Yes, culture is fine, but sometime you need to fight back and make it clear that we're not gonna be bullied around.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rockee96 said:

Though I've been a member of this board during the past 20 years, I seldom post messages.However, what Gronk did today made me so pissed off so much.

In our next game, we better go after Gronk's knee. Or go after his head and give him a concussion. Who cares if we get penalized? We have nothing to lose at that point. Deliver multiple hits to this head. Have one tackler wrap him up while the other 2 defenders go after his knees. Gang tackle him each time. Take him out. Whatever it takes. The Bills need to stand up for themselves and give the message that they can't mess around with us like that. Yes, culture is fine, but sometime you need to fight back and make it clear that we're not gonna be bullied around.

That really does nothing, they will just continue on, maybe even thank the Bills for helping them save some costs and they can find someone else to replace him

Go after Brady, it will hurt them much more..........

I love Gronk's lame half assed apology. Yeah "I was frustrated" so I hit him in the head late and out of bounds. But frustrated about what?? He had 9 rec for 147! He made an outstanding grab with White in a great position to intercept.  He has no Td catches but his team is winning easily with the game out of reach. He got beat by Davis who gave as good as he got and took a page from Gronk's book and pushed him away to make the pick. Yup incredibly frustrating to be you today, better smash someone in the head. What an utter Dbag. I wont feel sorry for Gronk when the inevitable helmet to the knee ends his career, accidental or not.

Edited by Livinginthepast
name mistake

Too bad that there are not enough pla from the last years team on the Bill's because they do not relate to the Aaron Williams debacle  , but if there are any, and  they feel offended , then Mr. Landry should have a swivel on his head.The same goes for Grouk in Foxboro.

15 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I love Gronk's lame half assed apology. Yeah "I was frustrated" so I hit him in the head late and out of bounds. But frustrated about what?? He had 9 rec for 147! He made an outstanding grab with Davis in a great position to intercept.  He has no Td catches but his team is winning easily with the game out of reach. He got beat by Davis who gave as good as he got and took a page from Gronk's book and pushed him away to make the pick. Yup incredibly frustrating to be you today, better smash someone in the head. What an utter Dbag. I wont feel sorry for Gronk when the inevitable helmet to the knee ends his career, accidental or not.

Davis?

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Sorry White Tre'davious White, I should just go to bed now LOL

Hah!  Oh, got it. My bad. Never heard him called that before. 

Edited by dubs

Posted this in another thread, but needs to be here too:

“This is a close family, it really is,” McCoy stated. “And some guys that I might have known for a year or two years, or I might have known them for two weeks or two months, we kind of have that bond. I don’t want to let the guy next to me down.” (http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/31/lesean-mccoy-sean-mcdermott-bills-family/)

Seeing as they did nothing to fight for their family on the field today after that cheap shot, they better do something on 12/24. 

41 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Are you dreaming ? we will be lucky to get one game and i doubt that, Remember they are the Patriots.

If he goes un-suspended, the league headquarters should then get down on their knees, bow their heads, and thank the creator that I am not the owner of the Buffalo Bills.

But you may be right and the Bills brass will probably quietly take it like lil puppy dogs. But I would be evil.

1 hour ago, Badasss said:

If Gronk is not suspended, then I can only conclude that the NFL is racist!! Therefore, I will no longer stand during the national anthem. 

If he's not suspended a fan needs to shoot him in the ass with a small tranquillizer dart. 1 game suspension served.

38 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If he goes un-suspended, the league headquarters should then get down on their knees, bow their heads, and thank the creator that I am not the owner of the Buffalo Bills.

But you may be right and the Bills brass will probably quietly take it like lil puppy dogs. But I would be evil.

Question for everyone.

Should the Pegula's comment on this?

I'm thinking yes.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Question for everyone.

Should the Pegula's comment on this?

I'm thinking yes.

In Pegula's place I would not speak publicly yet. I would call Goodell and lay it on the line that he gets 2 games off, or it is war, and I will be fighting VERY dirty.

Dirty enough that he will probably want me dead. 

But I have bodyguards.

So it needs to be 2 games.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tcali said:

i cant believe the people on here. ''should be a 2 game suspension". so what...he could now rest up for 2 weeks before the Pats have home field advantage in the playoffs?

He should be suspended for a year.

I am down with a year. I don't think it will happen but I would be pleased with that.

Just now, BadLandsMeanie said:

The one in the gif there is nothing at all compared to Gronk.

What is that from though?

Jim mcmahon and ???? Martin.

The gif doesn't do the play justice. This article claims it to be the dirtiest hit in NFL history. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/thirty-years-ago-bears-packers-featured-the-dirtiest-hit-in-nfl-history-102016%3famp=true

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Jim mcmahon and ???? Martin.

The gif doesn't do the play justice. This article claims it to be the dirtiest hit in NFL history. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/thirty-years-ago-bears-packers-featured-the-dirtiest-hit-in-nfl-history-102016%3famp=true

Ok it is worse in the film for sure. But he was trying to break his shoulder.

Gronk was trying to break Tre's head. I would take the McMahon hit over what Tre took.

Also Tre was down. And he was out of bounds!

Gronk's was worse all round.  If that is the dirtiest Gronk holds the title now.

19 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

In Pegula's place I would not speak publicly yet. I would call Goodell and lay it on the line that he gets 2 games off, or it is war, and I will be fighting VERY dirty.

Dirty enough that he will probably want me dead. 

But I have bodyguards.

So it needs to be 2 games.

How has that worked out for Jerry? I get the anger, but it's crazy talk to think you can intimidate them into something.

8 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Gronk was trying to break Tre's head. I would take the McMahon hit over what Tre took.

Gronk's was worse all round.  If that is the dirtiest Gronk holds the title now.

Didn't Bruce knock out boomer on a dead play? I understand he claimed it was too loud... But it did happen

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

How has that worked out for Jerry? I get the anger, but it's crazy talk to think you can intimidate them into something.

Near as I can tell Jerry is a , well, not a smart man and not a fully developed adult and not careful about what and how he attacks.

He just flings poo basically. Plus he isn't an owner he is just media. I couldn't do anything about it in Jerry's place either come to think of it. Owner is different.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Near as I can tell Jerry is a , well, not a smart man and not a fully developed adult and not careful about what and how he attacks.

He just flings poo basically. Plus he isn't an owner he is just media. I couldn't do anything about it in Jerry's place either come to think of it. Owner is different.

You do realize I'm talking about Jerry Jones right? I'm guessing you had it mistaken with Jerry Sullivan? 

18 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I feel similar, but I doubt many outside of Buffalo fans will. 

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I certainly did :D

Ok, well Jones is a big thorn in their side though. And he doesn't have as good an angle. His guy wasn't the victim, he is the perp.

I suppose so... But all the other owners have rallied against him. They don't like division like that. I don't find it a coincidence that when his problems with the league started intensifying the video leaks of him saying something to a fiance that her fiance will be sleeping with a black woman tonight and their was a black guy in the video.

The league will go dirty.

I do find it funny though that your initial post could apply to both Jerry's outside of the owner/media specifications you gave.