How do we pull the impossible and beat the Pats?

Steptide

You have to pressure Brady, but we are 31st in the NFL in sacks. I guess we can try dropping 8 into coverage, but give Brady time and it won't go well. Maybe a lot of different blitzes?

1 hour ago, Dadonkadonk said:

The Bills can't pressure anyone with this front four.  

Bench Preston Brown

Blitz up the middle relentlessly

Bills have the corners and safeties to maintain coverage long enough for the rush to get there. 

Brady will pick apart McD zone defense. The Pats offense is based on Brady hitting guys in stride.  Brady destroys zone coverage because he finds guys that are moving while the defenders are reacting.

Agreed on Brown. I'm looking forward to a restocked LB corps in 2018. The entire front 7, except Hughes is in need of upgrades. Kyle and Lo will probably retire after this season. Well, Kyle will and Lorenzo should.

2 hours ago, dulles said:

Jeff Gillooly did that to Theisman...I always thought it was LT.  

Yep - The Giants formula from the SB's is the lasting formula.  Get pressure with 4, cover with 7.  That fits McD's MO., too  The question is about the pressure.  Can we produce pressure with 4?

The Broncos did the same in the AFC championship game in 2016.  I don't think our DLine is as good as those teams, so Frazier and McD need to be creative.

15 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

2 words, Tonya Harding...

All joking aside, how about sending  a couple blitzers at Brady every time he drops back to pass, with the express orders to make as much helmet to helmet contact as they possibly can, regardless of when Brady throws the ball.  

A concussion would put Brady out of the game.  I'll happily eat 3 or 4 15 yard penalties until we put him out of the game.

If someone gets ejected, who cares.  Any defensive player lost for the game along with Brady is a Bills-win-scenario.

Do it early to maximize the benefit.

Take more shots down the field. Throw some deep 50/50 balls.

I know we want to minimize turnovers, but a 40 yard pick is better than going 3 and out. At least you're creating the opportunity for a big play or PI call, and if nothing else you keep the defense honest.

Even if our defense is dialed in you still have to expect the Pats to put up 20+. And this offense isn't going to top that playing small ball.

It's probably a loss anyway so go balls to the wall and play to win. !@#$ the conservative approach. 

Pull a Patriots and make sure their radios/headsets do not work.

As I understand it, that means we have to take ours off as well.  That's fine.  Both sidelines operating without radios is a win for the Bills b/c Belichick probably does a lot more with his than we do.

Take chances; assume we MUST score TDs and not FGs right from the beginning of the game and take any relevant decision with that thinking in mind.  3rd and goal from the 5 yard line and we throw an incomplete pass?  Go for the TD on 4th down; do not trot out the FG team.  Roll the dice and hope we can get it in the end zone from 5 yards out. 

Playing the way we normally would play is a guaranteed loss.

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

As I understand it, that means we have to take ours off as well.  That's fine.  Both sidelines operating without radios is a win for the Bills b/c Belichick probably does a lot more with his than we do.

Take chances; assume we MUST score TDs and not FGs right from the beginning of the game and take any relevant decision with that thinking in mind.  3rd and goal from the 5 yard line and we throw an incomplete pass?  Go for the TD on 4th down; do not trot out the FG team.  Roll the dice and hope we can get it in the end zone from 5 yards out. 

That would be even worse...Patriots are lethal in the hurryup offense when Brady is calling the plays

Edited by matter2003

7 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

The Bills can't pressure anyone with this front four.  

Bench Preston Brown

Blitz up the middle relentlessly

Bills have the corners and safeties to maintain coverage long enough for the rush to get there. 

Brady will pick apart McD zone defense. The Pats offense is based on Brady hitting guys in stride.  Brady destroys zone coverage because he finds guys that are moving while the defenders are reacting.

Do what you're suggesting and they'll get killed.

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Nfl takes care of the radios. Not sure they are going to let a team mess with them.

I'll say it again can Byron the clock on offense and score TD. If you settle for FG the Bills lose. 

I love the confidence in you secondary some have shown. I have one question do you guys have three good CB?  (For Hogan,Amandola, Cooks) and who covers Gronk? And All 3 RB out of the backfield or split wide? My point is simple the Pats will score the game is up to the Bills O to control it.

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I'll say it again can Byron the clock on offense and score TD. If you settle for FG the Bills lose. 

I love the confidence in you secondary some have shown. I have one question do you guys have three good CB?  (For Hogan,Amandola, Cooks) and who covers Gronk? And All 3 RB out of the backfield or split wide? My point is simple the Pats will score the game is up to the Bills O to control it.

Which is exactly why the front 4 or 5 need to get to Brady consistently.  Don't allow him to be comfortable in the pocket, then he won't be able to complete enough of these passes to stay on the field.  Jamming the receivers on the line will be big, as well, since it will disrupt the timing.  And McDermott needs to tell the refs to keep an eye on Gronk's push offs down field, he gets away with these a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Jam his receivers off the line to throw off timing. Get pressure on Brady. This is a game for the Dline to take over the game. Show one thing and do another on defense. Taylor also has to sustain drives to keep Brady off the field. Basically do everything the Bills havent done against the Pats in the past. 

Dont believe the hype.  If you come into this game expecting to shut down Brady you are mistaken.  He has not been active for 3 weeks now, but after watching the Jets and Saints games I expect a heavy does of Gillislee.  Its a Bill thing to do anyways.  Play the guy we let go to them.  They are going to try and run the ball and wear out the defense.  Imo you make them 1 dimesional and force Brady to drop back 40 plus times, and hopefully do enough to get pressure on him and get a turnover.

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Which is exactly why the front 4 or 5 need to get to Brady consistently.  Don't allow him to be comfortable in the pocket, then he won't be able to complete enough of these passes to stay on the field.  Jamming the receivers on the line will be big, as well, since it will disrupt the timing.  And McDermott needs to tell the refs to keep an eye on Gronk's push offs down field, he gets away with these a lot.

I don't think I am being a homer saying the Pats are going to score and the Bills O is going need put up at least 24 to win? 

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I don't think I am being a homer saying the Pats are going to score and the Bills O is going need put up at least 24 to win? 

No, not a homer at all.  Can't argue with that logic, and 24 is probably on the light side.

If we play scared and play "not to lose", we are dead from the opening kick-off.

We have to go out there and make a statement...........kick the Pats in the teeth, keep them on their heels and throw the kitchen sink at them, early and often.

But, you know what were going to do?..........we're going to lay down and die.

We're going to be crying all day long, "oh Hood, please dont beat us by so much this afternoon.........we are weak and fragile".

Same thing every year.

I'm usually firm believer that you should never count a team out. However that's a different story every time we play the pats, it's about a 99% chance to lose, and when we win, haven't we only won by 3 at the most? (vs brady, I don't count that fluke brissett game or the garoppolo game in 2014)