McD already a hypocrite by not committing to Tyrod at KC

Jobot

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

McD  didn’t mean for one game ... he wants to see if Peterman can be better long-term ... it’s really a simple concept ... I don’t know why so many people are having such a hard time with it ...Everyone needs to realize that Taylor is gone after this season and playing him now does nothing for anyone.

Even if Taylor leaves after this season, by putting Peterman out there when he's clearly not ready only makes things worse as far as his development.  Peterman has already been labeled for the rest of his career unless he miraculously starts impersonating Aaron Rogers.  The 5 INT's will be in his head for a long time.  

And it's not so much McD being a hypocrite as much as he's not being truthful.....with the players, fans or himself.  He clearly has an agenda so why not just own up to it and move forward.  The locker room is going to become toxic if he starts Peterman this weekend.  They can talk all they want about being professionals and "that's the NFL", but within the confines of that locker room, those players will be, at the very least, questioning what the heck McD is doing....especially when it's being done to a guy who has given his all for this organization.  

At some point, McD needs to live by his own mantra about being a high character person.  He's playing games right now and, in retrospect, it's been going on since he started.  Taylor goes to expense of flying his receivers down to Atlanta for his own workouts.....foots the bill for them to stay....works out every day.....for what?  They came in and wiped out any chemistry they gained.  And until Benjamin came aboard, it appeared the Bills FO was content letting Taylor flap in the wind with a sub-par WR corps.  That was their way of setting him up to fail.  

4 minutes ago, cd1 said:

All things being the same - what kind of final score would there have been in that game IF BUFFALO HAD A DEFENSE?

The Chargers started only 4 of their 12 drives inside their 40 yard line. The 4 drives that required more an 60 yards for a TD ended in 3 FGs and 1 Punt. So maybe subtract 9? And even then, they missed a FG too, so more likely subtract 6. Now, what might the final score have been without all the turnovers is another discussion entirely.

The Chargers had zero turnovers and 1 measly penalty called against them.  They played almost a perfect NFL game.   Then we add in a QB that can't take care of the ball and it's a 30 point loss.  LA was not going to lose that game no matter who was playing QB.  But it would have been less embarrassing i suppose with TT.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

He said they are trying to win now and in the future. Putting Peterman in to win now was a terrible move. And putting him in for the future contradicts what he said about winning this year.

I fail to see how given the short comings of TT and the fact other teams know the formula for keeping TT contained. The outcome with Peterman starting was disspoinitng but I wanted ot see how it turned out and had 0 faith in playoffs without this last ditch attempt.

Now Its all about the future anyway because after the chargers its quite apparent the flaws in this team are spread througout so TT starting or not starting means little and makes absolutely no differnece

I grind no ax.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Chargers had zero turnovers and 1 measly penalty called against them.  They played almost a perfect NFL game.   Then we add in a QB that can't take care of the ball and it's a 30 point loss.  LA was not going to lose that game no matter who was playing QB.  But it would have been less embarrassing i suppose with TT.

haha I keep seeing people say that. when to you give away the ball 5 times in the first half, you're beating yourself. people didnt expect the Bills to beat the Falcons, but they did. TT protected the ball and got them to a win against the defending NFC champs.

LA is not great. their win isn't a reflection of anything else other than an outstanding pass rush, and a bad rookie qb. the Bills gave them their 4th win, with a ton of help. they played a clean game in terms of penalties, but  it would have been a different outcome with TT in my opinion. may not have resulted in a blowout win, but it would have at least been competitive.

Edited by 87168

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Why hasn't he announced that yet? Seriously, needs to evaluate it? 

He had too much egg on his face to switch gears immediately with no time for film evaluation. It would also be pretty embarrassing for Peterman if McD came right out and announced a switch. May as well say " well that guy sure sucked, huh?". Wasn't going to happen. He'll wait until Wednesday and let the media swarm die down. The change obviously didn't work, but I can't imagine Peterman being the starter. It would be a complete forfeiture of the season in this weak AFC. If it's Peterman , McD deserves to be skewered by media and fans alike. The organization would be the biggest joke in the league, giving up on a season with 6 weeks to go. 

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He had too much egg on his face to switch gears immediately with no time for film evaluation. It would also be pretty embarrassing for Peterman if McD came right out and announced a switch. May as well say " well that guy sure sucked, huh?". Wasn't going to happen. He'll wait until Wednesday and let the media swarm die down. The change obviously didn't work, but I can't imagine Peterman being the starter. It would be a complete forfeiture of the season in this weak AFC. If it's Peterman , McD deserves to be skewered by media and fans alike. The organization would be the biggest joke in the league, giving up on a season with 6 weeks to go. 

This season is over. The sooner fans in denial realize that, the better it will be for all of their mental health.

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He's already being skewered, for everything.   Anything he has said since he was hired is being dragged out of the closet.  If he starts Peterman at Arrowhead, McD might as well be fired on the spot.

image.thumb.png.718b2b20d99924ed100056a9f11e33c7.png

5 minutes ago, cba fan said:

This season is over. The sooner fans in denial realize that, the better it will be for all of their mental health.

Except that it isn't . The AFC is beyond mediocre, a 9 win team will likely make a WC this year. Heck, the Chargers think they are back in it with just 4 wins. I don't think the Bills are a talented enough team to do it, but the team and certainly the head coach can't look at it that way. Winning is the only thing and that's how it has to be. If Peterman starts , then McD has committed a firable offense and should be dismissed. 

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He's already being skewered, for everything.   Anything he has said since he was hired is being dragged out of the closet.  If he starts Peterman at Arrowhead, McD might as well be fired on the spot.

image.thumb.png.718b2b20d99924ed100056a9f11e33c7.png

Yes he is, and he should be fired if he's trying to do anything but win a football game this week. He just wasn't going to announce anything and certainly not a switch back to Taylor on the Monday after that disaster. I'll wait until tomorrow to skewer him if his decision is the unthinkable. 

At what point and time is the word tank safe to use around here with how bad our D is?

It does not matter who starts at QB right now. We minus well get NP some more reps to see if he can possibly be our back up QB or possibly more.

Edited by Real McCoy

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

At what point and time is the word tank safe to use around here?

All along I've stuck to my convictions that this season was never a tank. Largely due to the non tank moves of extending Wood's deal, not cutting high priced vets like Kyle W etc. Starting  Peterman after Sunday's performance would change my view on that. It would be Tank McTankerson, Tank city. Can't see it happening. 

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Except that it isn't . The AFC is beyond mediocre, a 9 win team will likely make a WC this year. Heck, the Chargers think they are back in it with just 4 wins. I don't think the Bills are a talented enough team to do it, but the team and certainly the head coach can't look at it that way. Winning is the only thing and that's how it has to be. If Peterman starts , then McD has committed a firable offense and should be dismissed. 

Yes he is, and he should be fired if he's trying to do anything but win a football game this week. He just wasn't going to announce anything and certainly not a switch back to Taylor on the Monday after that disaster. I'll wait until tomorrow to skewer him if his decision is the unthinkable. 

Well, in an effort to maintain the integrity of the NFL,  the Chiefs probably deserve the Peterman treatment just like was afforded the LA Chargers.  I mean that definitely got LA right back in the AFC West race..  Not only with the W but their confidence is now sky high.  I'm sure KC was thrilled with that decision by our McD.

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

All along I've stuck to my convictions that this season was never a tank. Largely due to the non tank moves of extending Wood's deal, not cutting high priced vets like Kyle W etc. Starting  Peterman after Sunday's performance would change my view on that. It would be Tank McTankerson, Tank city. Can't see it happening. 

It's over this year and I'm willing to accept it at this point. Would rather just see the young guys try and develop.

Teams have averaged 45pts a game against us the last 3 weeks and we show nothing we can do to stop it.

34, 47, 54, ___?  trend is spiraling out of control and KC nor the Pats will make it any easier.

Edited by Real McCoy

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

McD  didn’t mean for one game ... he wants to see if Peterman can be better long-term ... it’s really a simple concept ... I don’t know why so many people are having such a hard time with it ...Everyone needs to realize that Taylor is gone after this season and playing him now does nothing for anyone.

If you ask ESPN it's because McDerm is racist, you know him and his African American QB coach.

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He hasn't owned it.  That is the problem with McDermott.  He's a fraud if Peterman starts the locker room is lost and top level fa's will not want to come here if they here tgis is a rebuilding program for 2020.

The Bills will not be interested in 'top level FAs'.   That is not how they are trying to build the team.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

I fail to see how given the short comings of TT and the fact other teams know the formula for keeping TT contained. The outcome with Peterman starting was disspoinitng but I wanted ot see how it turned out and had 0 faith in playoffs without this last ditch attempt.

Now Its all about the future anyway because after the chargers its quite apparent the flaws in this team are spread througout so TT starting or not starting means little and makes absolutely no differnece

I grind no ax.

Starting Peterman in hindsight over TT was a very dumb decision if you think that gave the Bills the best chance to win.

If he thought that fine. It didn't work out but own up to it. Don't give a b.s quote like "I don't regret the decision I regret the result"..  pretty much saying he made the right decision and the players didn't execute. 

If he wants to start Peterman for the future then don't lie to the players and fans saying he's trying to win now.

He handled this situation terribly all around. 

Especially when he says TT is his starter then goes to Peterman 2 days later. 

He is coming across as a phony on so many levels

4 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

Maybe the three straight poundings on defense have shifted this season away from "win now", to more of an evaluation of the players they want to keep for next season. That includes looking at what they have in Peterman against teams like the Chiefs and the Patriots.

The 5-2 season was clearly a fluke. This team needs a lot of players and the HC and GM are just starting out. I think fan expectations need to change back to what they were at the beginning of the season.

A decent sized contingent on this board thought there was a chance before the season.

56 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

A decent sized contingent on this board thought there was a chance before the season.

Only if TT improved significantly in his passing game.    He improved in some areas and regressed in another.  Deep ball accuracy.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Why hasn't he announced that yet? Seriously, needs to evaluate it? 

Yes.  He said as much in a live interview yesterday on the radio with Schopp & Bulldog.

McD would most definitely disagree with the OP's premise that the team is categorically better with Tyrod and that we now know that, post Charger Debacle.

McD's official position, at least as late yesterday afternoon, was that they need to dissect the Chargers game in detail, see just what happened, and figure out how best to proceed.

His public position, as of yesterday, is that we still do not necessarily know which QB puts us in the best position to succeed...and he would not commit to a starter in KC as a result.

5 hours ago, 87168 said:

according the chargers, and the film they watched of him during the pre-season, pressure is key. the chargers figured that out with a few minutes of pre-season film, and a few minutes from the saints game. granted they have the best pass rush in the league, but as they stated, they figured him out just like teams have with TT. the difference is TT can extend plays under pressure, or knows to take at least dump it off or take a sack, rather than throw an errant ball, leading to an int.

Gameplan for teams put Tyrod in the pocket. He's bad in the pocket. 

Put major pressure on Peterman gameplan for him. The Chargers might have one of best pass rush teams out there. 

Still Dennison, offense staff and O-Line is major problems

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

At what point and time is the word tank safe to use around here with how bad our D is?

It does not matter who starts at QB right now. We minus well get NP some more reps to see if he can possibly be our back up QB or possibly more.

Agree with this. Bill's have major problems

4 hours ago, cd1 said:

Funny, no one is hanging any of the problem on Dennison.

Who calls the plays for the Offense? Why did Dennison not turn to the ground game just to give the kid a chance to shake the demon?

Dennison is very one dimensional. He calls in a play and makes no allowance (audible) to adjust at the LOS if the defense is a vulnerability.

Do you really think that McD decided to change QB without input from OC - (McD is a Defensive guy)

Dennison wanted the change at QB!

Dennison - Dennison - Dennison

I wish we had someone else who could call the plays!

Me too at this point!

6 hours ago, Strethor said:

We won't make the playoffs with this D - too many holes as of now and for exactly that reason is why we won't see the playoffs even with Taylor. McD needs to ride out his decision and not flip flop like for example Hue Jackson. It sucks but it's what this team needs. The last thing we need is to stumble  to 8-8 purgatory tbh 

I think us finishing at 8-8 this year would be great! I'D rather do better though. Again, only on TBD are improved results over last year seen as a negative :wacko:

You build a winner by winning so guys learn how to win and believe they can win which goes a long way to winning.  I thought we were doing that the first 7 weeks. Winning is a habit, but unfortunately so too is losing.

Nobody is going to learn anything by losing on purpose (starting Nate Peterpan).  

I suspect there will be a mass Exodus of veterans leaving or trying to. McCoy ain't gonna wanna stay here. Jerry Hughes I doubt likes losing on purpose.

Matthews and Gaines will find a team that wants to win this decade.

I see nothing good coming from this except the same ole same ole.

Go balls out to win every game during the season and do everything you can to build your team in the off season I say.

Evidently many of y'all and Coach McDermott disagree.

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

They...aren't...going...to...the...playoffs...with...either....guy..

Thanks for clearing that up Hillary. It is a vast single wing conspiracy.

Edited by reddogblitz

Wait a minute, hold your horses young man

A hypocrite would claim Tyrod played well in a garbage time role against the Chargers

when Peterman did the exact same thing against the Saints...garbage time

Edited by HOUSE

...I'm thinking he completely overlooked, ignored or failed to initial as acceptance the clause in his contract that CLEARLY stipulated, "ANY and ALL decisions normally entrusted to an NFL Head Coach must and shall be subject to final and binding approval by the "Minions of TBD" with NO exceptions. Any and all deviations from said binding approval shall be considered a Breach of Contract subject to litigation in the WNY District Supreme Court of the State of New York". Sue 'em for breach.................

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Yes.  He said as much in a live interview yesterday on the radio with Schopp & Bulldog.

McD would most definitely disagree with the OP's premise that the team is categorically better with Tyrod and that we now know that, post Charger Debacle.

McD's official position, at least as late yesterday afternoon, was that they need to dissect the Chargers game in detail, see just what happened, and figure out how best to proceed.

His public position, as of yesterday, is that we still do not necessarily know which QB puts us in the best position to succeed...and he would not commit to a starter in KC as a result.

I'll tell you what happened. DiMarco dropped an easy pass for a pic6 and the oline finished the execution of Peterman by allowing him 1.3 seconds to throw the ball. Not even Jesus Christ could've found wr's in time. It doesn't matter who qbs the rest of the season. This entire Oline needs rebuilding. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone who thinks this game may be a reason to why we don’t make the playoffs has to be kidding themselves! 

Why not the Carolina game where our O scored 6 points? Why not the Bengals game where the O was pretty !@#$ing terrible also? How about the last 2 where our O and D were awful. Did we fix our D problems in SD? Because Rivers moved the ball down the field with ease all day, it didn’t really matter where they started from. 

I was excited for playoffs myself when we started off beating Denver, Oakland and Atlant but the reality is those teams are underperforming what was expected of them. They just aren’t what they were last season. 

We haven’t won any games this season because the play of our offense, we won because this defense. The same defense that is getting torched every week now. 

We just aren’t a playoff team. It’s that simple. We have major holes and the QB play is one of them. Tyrod will not take this team to the playoffs now (we’ve had the same results the past 2 years with Tyrod) and the way Rivers moved the ball Sunday he would not of won had he started. 

If we go back to Tyrod, you’ll see Peterman again in 3 weeks when we are 5-7.  

8 hours ago, AdamK said:

After the Chargers game, I thought the same thing - McDermott HAD to go back to Tyrod for the remainder of the season.

Now, I think he is screwed either way.

If he goes back to Tyrod, he looks weak and undetermined. Also, we don't learn any more about Peterman or his future (I don't believe that can be determined on one game.) Best outcome for this option is that Tyrod comes out and plays more aggressive and starts lighting it up, but given past indicators this is doubtful. 

If Peterman starts again, I think he could lose the locker room. But this is the only way McDermott can regain his credibility. If Peterman starts this week and starts throwing interceptions, the season would be over. But the best outcome for this option is if Peterman somehow turns it around and plays really well....once again highly doubtful given past indicators.

Unfortunately, (for us fans desperate for the playoffs) this decision will not be based on getting to the playoffs this year. I think McDermott has left himself with only one viable option for his long term future and credibility - starting Peterman.

Credibility with who? Media and fans?  Worth absolutely nothing.  Actually credibility with some fans and press is worth LESS THAN nothing.

Credibility with his players is worth something and players want to win not have coach's experiment for next year.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm thinking he completely overlooked, ignored or failed to initial as acceptance the clause in his contract that CLEARLY stipulated, "ANY and ALL decisions normally entrusted to an NFL Head Coach must and shall be subject to final and binding approval by the "Minions of TBD" with NO exceptions. Any and all deviations from said binding approval shall be considered a Breach of Contract subject to litigation in the WNY District Supreme Court of the State of New York". Sue 'em for breach.................

Since it was written on toilet paper and he used it to wipe his ass I am sure he got the most use as possible of that clause.

Next clause he requests that they please use the extra plush type not the recycled crap type used in public restrooms.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks for letting us know about the #FAKE NEWS Trump.

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I think us finishing at 8-8 this year would be great! I'D rather do better though. Again, only on TBD are improved results over last year seen as a negative :wacko:

You build a winner by winning so guys learn how to win and believe they can win which goes a long way to winning.  I thought we were doing that the first 7 weeks. Winning is a habit, but unfortunately so too is losing.

Nobody is going to learn anything by losing on purpose (starting Nate Peterpan).  

I suspect there will be a mass Exodus of veterans leaving or trying to. McCoy ain't gonna wanna stay here. Jerry Hughes I doubt likes losing on purpose.

Matthews and Gaines will find a team that wants to win this decade.

I see nothing good coming from this except the same ole same ole.

Go balls out to win every game during the season and do everything you can to build your team in the off season I say.

Evidently many of y'all and Coach McDermott disagree.

Did ya notice the xtra large period tho, I thought it was pretty punny....