Fire McDermott and Brandon Beane

Klaista2k

Come on. After all the process talk, you can't fire either of them 10 weeks into season one. It cant, wont and shouldn't happen.  I know tension is high, but firing them would be incredibly stupid. 

Dennision, sure. McD and Beane? Nope. 

• Like (+1) 1

In another thread a couple of weeks ago, I asked whose idea were these hires. Why has

ownership not hired a football czar, somebody who knows something. Carolina did not want

these guys running things, so the Buffalo ownership thought they were smarter?

Hasn't the Sabres situation proved ownership otherwise?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Come on. After all the process talk, you can't fire either of them 10 weeks into season one. It cant, wont and shouldn't happen.  I know tension is high, but firing them would be incredibly stupid. 

I agree with this, McD and Beane are definitely not going to get fired, Dennison could be in play but I would be against it as well.  We have got to stop this knee jerk crap.  Stay the course.  Get the personnel.

The important question is do they have the vision right?  I am not sure we have it on Offense.  We all know Dennison was not McD's first choice.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

It wont happen, but it should happen

Didn't trading Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Ragland, Darby, Gilmour and Dareus for unproven draft choices

prove anything. Starting Peterman? After 3-5 years of this along with our defensive genius, will you

still be watching Bills football.

• Sad 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

No it should not. 

Disagree. What makes you think the Bills are on the right track?

Do they have 5 good players on this team?

They traded all their players for virtually nothing. 

They have to completely hit on the 2018/2019 drafts to be a respectful team.

They are almost like an expansion team. Sooo far away 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Didn't trading Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Ragland, Darby, Gilmour and Dareus for unproven draft choices

prove anything. Starting Peterman? After 3-5 years of this along with our defensive genius, will you

still be watching Bills football.

Watkins - doing nothing of interest in LA.

Woods - ditto. Cooper Kupp and Tayvon Austin run the show. 

Goodwin - occasional long ball score, just like here. 

Ragland - is not on the field at all

Darby - hurt

Gilmore - benched because he blows

Dareus - good player with a massive contract and little return. 

No No No. I'M sick and tired of knee jerk reaction fans. Yes these last 3 games have been unbearable.  But we have to give Sean and Brandon 3 full years. No more firings every other year. There will be many more changes and releases to come. We have to wisely hit on these draft picks. No doubt QB and Oline will be top priorities. Who knows if Rico survives?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Disagree. What makes you think the Bills are on the right track?

Do they have 5 good players on this team?

They traded all their players for virtually nothing. 

They have to completely hit on the 2018/2019 drafts to be a respectful team.

They are almost like an expansion team. Sooo far away 

Then why change coaches? Let them finish what they started. 

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Darby - hurt

Kupp and Austin run the show? Have you watched a rams game this year?

More like Gurley, Goff, Woods and then Kupp for most valuable on that offence.

Austin is like their 4th receiver....

Edited by billsfan11

McD should go no where!

Not sure why Beane should be safe in all honesty. What did we expect by letting basically all of our former 1st and 2nd rd picks walk for next to nothing? We have had holes in the past as all teams do right? But I have never seen a Buffalo Bills team with this many holes since the early 80's. The only strength when not in injury hell right now are WR and maybe D secondary.

Edited by Real McCoy

This seems premature, and even I think this decision by McDermott was was a massive embarrassment. 

I hate the trading of talent for picks as a concept to build a team. Emulating the Brown's is something no one should do. PS see how well that's working for them.

All together they are now playing as well as I expected at the start of the year. How they won 5 to begin with is still shocking to me.

No way you fire McD at this point.  I like what he is doing.  We needed to shake things up a bit.  Fire Dennison yes, he was a bad hire anyway.  But not McD and Beane.  I for one am tired of the status quo and that is all we are going to get without a legit QB and Taylor is not the answer.  We had to see what Petterman had and I think he should start again next week as well.  If you honestly think we are going to win with Taylor you are wrong.  He is a glorified back up QB just like Fitz was coming in here.  We need a franchise guy and if that means we suck for a few years so he can develop then we suck I am ready for it.  But in our current state we are just this average.  So I say lose out get a top 10 pick put some picks together if that is number 1 this year and next for our guy at QB then we do it.  We need one of the elites at the position.  If we do it now, we can let Brady enjoy his last couple of years then it would be our time to pounce.  

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Not sure why Beane should be safe in all honesty. What did we expect by letting basically all of our former 1st and 2nd rd picks walk for next to nothing? We have had holes in the past as all teams do right? But I have never seen a Buffalo Bills team with this many holes since the early 80's. The only strength when not in injury hell right now are WR and maybe D secondary.

It's called planning for the future as well as today.

We didn't just give up a bunch of talent.  We received a number of picks.  Also Benjamin is under contract through next season.

Beane wasn't focused solely on this year. If the Bills were 3-7 and were losing from week 1 we would be talking about the rebuilding process.  Because we actually experienced some success and now that's left us everyone is calling for everyone to be fired including the PA announcer.  

Thank God you people aren't running this franchise.  We would have had 5 new GM's and 5 new Coaches already this year alone. 

Take a valium and chill.    

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I think the QB change was an epic fail. Pretty embarrassing 

I have concerns with this staff.  We are beyond the halfway point and they haven't realized that Jordan Mills and Vlad Ducasse  suck.  And Dennison is clueless as well.  The Bills are playing the worst run D in the league, but they have elite pass rushers and other than one drive the plan seems to be to throw the ball.  I think Peterman could have called a better game. 

20 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Darby - hurt

Woods his having the best year of his career and so is Goodwin but who needs facts

11 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

It's called planning for the future as well as today.

We didn't just give up a bunch of talent.  We received a number of picks.  Also Benjamin is under contract through next season.

Beane wasn't focused solely on this year. If the Bills were 3-7 and were losing from week 1 we would be talking about the rebuilding process.  Because we actually experienced some success and now that's left us everyone is calling for everyone to be fired including the PA announcer.  

Thank God you people aren't running this franchise.  We would have had 5 new GM's and 5 new Coaches already this year alone. 

Take a valium and chill.    

Bills fans are already beyond chill mode.

You really think that our 6 picks that will be rookies (whom could easily flop) will fix our LB core, QB, O-line, RB depth, and D-Line? Time will tell I guess. I'm not going anywhere, I've been here this long.

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Bills fans are already beyond chill mode.

You really think that our 6 picks that will be rookies whom (could easily flop) will fix our LB core, QB, O-line, RB depth, and D-Line? Time will tell I guess. I'm not going anywhere, I've been here this long.

We are building a team for long term success.  This isnt' about 17 or 18.

If you want to already label next year's draft picks as flops that's on you.  Way to be positive.