Tyrod's Press Conference

KDIGGZ

Tyrod addressed the media today to discuss being benched.  Understandably, he did not sound happy about the decision

From Tyrod:

"I don't agree with the decision"

"I'm disappointed"

"I will continue to lead from the sidelines"

"Offense was suited towards me but moving forward offense will be suited more towards Nate and what he does best"

Do you envision being the QB here next year?  "That's not up to me"

Did you get a fair chance in Buffalo? "I don't look at life as fair or unfair, you just have to deal with it"

"I will be ready and I'll prepare the way I always prepare"

"I have full confidence that I can be a franchise QB"

Edited by kdiggz

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Tyrod still may see the field coming off the bench.  Can't be mentally undone by this.   But ya also can't keep checking down on 3rd and 13, 3rd and 20, etc..

I think checking down on 3rd and 13 and 3rd and 20 is fine.  You shouldn't be in 3rd and 13 all friggin game.  Starts on first and 2nd.

1 minute ago, BeefCurtns said:

Tyrod how do you explain when it was 3rd and 15 at a point in the game where we needed to keep the drive alive and you checked down to Tolbert over the middle for 7 yards ?  

Watch the play... it was a crappy play.  3 guys ran routes short of the sticks, 2 guys ran past.  they were in a tampa 2 with a deep lying MLB.  The only truly open guy is tolbert.  The other plays aren't there to be made.

Call a better play!  

Edited by dneveu

8 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Tyrod how do you explain when it was 3rd and 15 at a point in the game where we needed to keep the drive alive and you checked down to Tolbert over the middle for 7 yards ?  

4 times that game?

2 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Tyrod how do you explain throwing a checkdown with no chance of getting out of bounds with 13 seconds and in field goal range.  That was it for me and TT as a full time starter.  Like when I gave up on Rex when he admitted he didn't know how the replay system worked after the KC debacle.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

"Offense was suited towards me but moving forward offense will be suited more towards Nate and what he does best"

I don't think so, nor do I think Dennison was interested in modifying the offense for Tyrod's skillset.

Certainly understand why Tyrod would be pissed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tyrod how do you explain throwing a checkdown with no chance of getting out of bounds with 13 seconds and in field goal range.  That was it for me and TT as a full time starter.  Like when I gave up on Rex when he admitted he didn't know how the replay system worked after the KC debacle.

That wasn't a checkdown - it was the play call.  It was dumb because we didn't have enough time at the line, and they shifted coverage at the last second.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I don't think so, nor do I think Dennison was interested in modifying the offense for Tyrod's skillset.

Certainly understand why Tyrod would be pissed.

Nope - offense is suited to like... 3 people on the team.  Shady, Tyrod, and the Oline aren't part of it.

7 minutes ago, dneveu said:

That wasn't a checkdown - it was the play call.  It was dumb because we didn't have enough time at the line, and they shifted coverage at the last second.

they were planning on juking out the 5 DBs that swarmed on the open man 10 yards shy of the marker?

Also he walked off the field like it was no big deal that's when the boos rained down. They rushed 3 and dropped 8 understandably but if Defenses say keep him in the pocket and he can't beat you guess what. You will never do anything in this pocket passing league it's a cold hard fact. Love TT as an athlete but he is exposed as a one read and go QB. You can't win in the NFL like that today period.

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If they shifted coverage at the lest second TT should have recognized and thrown the ball away, situational football awareness 101.

sorry, was are we talking about the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th time he checked down?

maybe one had some justification

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Who arranges these press conferences, why accentuate the negative with a TT press conference, i hope they have enough common sense to have Peterman give one as well.

Wednesday is the regularly scheduled media day with the staring QB.  I'm sure Tyrod could have opted out if he wanted to, but he's a pro. 

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod was shocked at the decision? Really? After that horrible performance? 56 yards passing? Horrible section making and not playing to win. 

Im shocked that Tylor was shocked. Hope

we don’t see him on the feild again. 

Who else can he blame but himself? He looks TERRIBLE anytime a team drops 8 into coverage and keeps him in the pocket with a spy.  It's the same performance we've seen for 3 years when teams have done this.  Honestly surprised more teams haven't done it.

Edited by matter2003

Genuinely feel bad for the guy.  After watching him in college I didn’t think he’d have a chance in the nfl.  His hard work has paid off.  He may or not be a franchise qb, but his story is that of success.  Glad he’s going to make enough money over his career to support his family and more.  I’ll always be a fan but I’m glad the move was made