Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Commonsense said:

Worth noting they brought in the highest big play percentage WR in KB. Clay was back last week as well.

Folks always wanted to see Taylor with weapons he had plenty last week and laid an egg. I was never a Peterman fan but I'm excited about the change. The ball will come out on time. He will make mistakes so this board is going to be as divided as ever. Every touchdown is going to be amazing and the picks are going to I TOLD YOU SO.

can't wait!

Yep. We thought it was intolerable this week. Wait til next!  :lol:

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's taking a calculated risk as he said in today's presser.  It's his ass that's on the line and he's comfortable with it. 

I wonder if seeing Rivers in the concussion protocol helped push him in this direction. 

41 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wonder if this has to do with Anthony Lynn knowing Tyrod very well and what his flaws and weaknesses are...

I thought of that as well. They can't afford to lose this game while in contention. Also allows them to see what Nate has before they go QB shopping next season.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I think I'm the right offense Tyrod is solid. 

Hell start some next year and as you said for a team in transition who has a QB waiting in the wings. 

As Kirby already said, Tyrod led a team tops in scoring last season and the new regime decided to change schemes and strip the offense of playmakers. 

Fitting square pegs into round holes is what the Bills do best. 

The least of the teams issues are Tyrod(unless they find a Brady or Rodgers type QB who can hide all of a teams flaws).

Their offensive and defensive lines are a joke thanks to trades, other personnel decisions and coaching. Something many people are ignoring because most fans seem to think it's all about the QB and if your QB isn't Rogers or Brady then he sucks.

I can see him starting in Denver or even NY next year and leading those teams to good seasons. 

Both Denver and NY will have to change some of their offensive philosophies to adapt to TT's game as well. It's a two-way street. Because he is limited as a pocket passer your playbook becomes limited by extension. 

I get that we had a high scoring offense last year but I'm not swayed by a gross points argument, either. What is our record under TT when trailing by 4 or more points again? As a game manager, TT is suited to protect a lead with a strong running game, a timely pass to take advantage of that, and a few great athletic plays sprinkled in. But sooner or later a QB has to have the ability to take the team on his shoulders and make plays with his ARM and from the POCKET. TT hasn't been able to do that with any consistency at all, especially when trailing. Yes, the defense crapped the bed to put him in those positions at times, but that's beside the point because no matter where he goes, he's gonna be behind in tight games with precious little precedent to prove he can pull out a win in those situations. 

Regardless, I'll root for him to do well wherever he ends up. Except when he's playing us of course. 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one is talking about this season, but ultimately as the primary decision maker it is his ass that's on the line. 

I get what you are saying, but I would argue this decision has no bearing at any time. By the time (if/when) he gets fired, this will not be part of the reason. 

Whoto start next year will be critical though.

My $.02

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not right either. They finished 10th but scored 10 points in weeks 17. They were about 7th. 

Oh, I misremembered. That sounds right. 

Either way, we all know the reason the offense isn't as good this year and it has nothing to do with what was changed with Tyrod.

1 minute ago, Bill_with_it said:

Cant wait to see the oline.

hey,

the o-line shpould look quite a bit better. we will now be able to run Dennison's version of the WCO. Peterman will hit the 5th step of his drop and, bam the ball will come out.  you are going to see slants and crossing patterns galore. and, you will see tha ball accurately thrown and hit the receiver where the receiver can actually run after the catch. the opposing teams defense will no longer be abl to rush 5 players on everydown. nor wiull they be able to stack the box with 8/9 defenders on every single freaking play. 

you are going to see anticipation throws. 

watch, you'll see.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’ve been ready to move on from Tyrod for months. But this is a bad move IMo.

1) SM looks like a liar and seems like he might have been swayed by fans

2) Tyrod is a popular guy in that locker room and I bet a lot of players think he’s their best chance to win. 

3). You might destroy Peterman’s confidence if he looks bad. What do you then?

This could blow up badly.

This statement puts up my BS meter.

1. He does not look like a liar he looks like someone trying to save a season

2. Tyrod's popularity will fall as WR's finally get the ball on a regular basis.

3. Peterman came out of the NFL draft as the most ready to play QB in the draft.

At this point does anyone here Give a crap if it goes bad? As fans we all are rooting for                                                                                                                                                                    Peterman. We need to find out if Peterman is our future!

If he is not then at least we know because most people here think Tyrod is not the future of this team

Pretty sure our coach thinks same to.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We know thendefense was also a problem. Can we stop with this nonsense pretending like we didn’t? Which change do you make on defense that can fix the issues? Put in Milano, fine. Does that solve the run defense problem? No, it doesn’t. A QB change can however spark an offense. 

Just now, Bangarang said:

We know thendefense was also a problem. Can we stop with this nonsense pretending like we didn’t? Which change do you make on defense that can fix the issues? Put in Milano, fine. Does that solve the run defense problem? No, it doesn’t. A QB change can however spark an offense. 

In my opinion our defense gave up on our offense. 3 and outs.. NO is a talented team and you can not let them have that kind of time on the field

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Roman may have been light years ahead of Dennison (and most other OCs) when it came to the running game but his passing game schemes were way below average. Part of the reason Roman has always led or been near the top of the league in rushing is, obviously because his system is built around the run but on the flipside, he was always near the bottom in passing stats. And that's because his route concepts are really simple and not difficult for defenses to figure out and defend. 

On another note... I hope Peterman surprises and performs really well. I think the one thing that may help him is the fact that this is the first and only NFL offense he's had to learn so far. Whereas Tyrod is working with his 3rd different OC in as many years. There may still be habits and things he does that were part of the schemes in '15 and '16 and it's also just not an easy process to transition from scheme to scheme every year. Towards the end of 2016 he started to look more confident as a passer, seemed like maybe he was getting comfortable in the scheme. But they couldn't keep Rex so change had to come and again he and the offense have to spend the entire off-season learning and installing a new scheme as opposed to continuing with the same one, refining and polishing it as it would've entered its third season. We know the change was necessary but the constant turnover in schemes and coaches slows progress for just about any player. 

Again, I'm assuming that they believe Peterman can run this offense closer to how they want it run and maybe he identifies things on defense better than Taylor. I wish him the best but if the OL can't hold up it's not going to matter. But I think that's part of the reasoning behind the change. I think they believe Peterman will be better at getting rid of the ball quicker which will slow down the pass rush and open up the run game.

Too many excuses for Tyrod. And this system is the system he learned behind Flacco. This should have been fairly easy for him and I would bet that Dennison was not even McDemott's first choice for OC, it was probably more about giving Tyrod an opportunity to succeed.

Tyrod has never looked comfortable as a passer. His decision making is too slow, always has been. The line hasn't been the problem in my eyes. They aren't great but there are plenty of plays where Tyrod is getting more than 5 seconds. Another big thing is you never see Tyrod check at the line. A lot of QBs recognize pressure and make the adjustments at the line.

Nate might fail miserably, but he could also look above average. He compares to Alex Smith but I think his football IQ is higher than Alex's was at the same point in their careers.