Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

McD and Dennison took away our running game. Changed the blocking and scheme and read option and a lot of the called Tyrod runs that made it work. But at least they added Tolbert. 

Yes, they did this.  

Tyrod has had options and designed runs this year, as well as roll outs.

Tyrod being the secret sauce to our run game has been proven false.  The lion's share was Roman's scheme and our quality RB's.  That scheme also was designed to hide crappy QB's, which it did so admirably.

Just now, BobChalmers said:

The number of folks here determined to not believe in a "5th round" rookie but are dedicated to a 6th round journeyman/backup...

smh

?? - Taylor wasn't a draft pick for the Bills. He was FA signing with four years' time in the league in a good organization. This is a straw-man argument.

2 minutes ago, Thurman Kelly said:

I didn't like the "I don't agree with the decision" part of his remarks.  He should have left that out.  Now, if Peterman plays better than he did, he's not only a guy that underperformed, but also a guy that doesn't even recognize the problems he is having.

Don't see it as an issue. Any QB should think they should start. 

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You mean the one I lost to Wayne Arnold?

Yeah I remember. I already PMed him. 0:)

I embrace my defeat.

I definitely don't root against players so I can't wait to see what the kid does. Been too long sans playoffs.

yeah, i knew about Waynes bet but you wanted to bet me first, before the season even started.

i also know that you just want the best for the Bills. however, perhaps this .... whatever you want to call it will present a learning opportunity for you in that maybe you shouldn't be so adamant in your position and not berate people as much for having an opposing point of view. 

just my 2 satoshi, take them for what they are worth.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Like I said.

Tyrods a problem to fans because he's not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

Tyrod is a problem to fans with functional eyesight because he is the slowest QB in the league to make a decision with the ball.

The signing of Kelvin Benjamin and Tyrod's inability to use him (followed immediately by Peterman's ease of doing so) sealed his fate.  I knew it was ominous for TT going into the game.

Can't whine about the WR's anymore.  

2 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

The number of folks here determined to not believe in a "5th round" rookie but are dedicated to a 6th round journeyman/backup...

smh

Excellent point.  Tyrod was never supposed to be anything but a backup, so why not tryout the other backup and see what we have. There's nothing to lose, except more games and we can figure out if Peterman is ready to build around or again we draft another QB next year.  Tyrod's had his chance.

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Better than 5-4 with this roster? They should be 4-5 given the Atlanta giveaway by the refs.

That's McD's opinion.

And fwiw........I think that the talent that the Bills finished with in 2016 was certainly 10+ win talent with improved coaching.

So in gutting that roster.........McD kinda' owns what he has now and I think people are apologizing for him when he's not sorry.:lol:

He thought he could pass the ball without Watkins........he thought he could stop the run without Dareus........he thought Mike Tolbert wasn't a big downgrade from MG..........he's a confident guy.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Like I said.

Tyrods a problem to fans because he's not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

So i hate to agree with you, but i agree with your point on Denison and the offense. That being said, if the determination was made they were sticking with the scheme, this is the correct move. 

I like Taylor way more than Peterman, hate Denison, but that being what it may, this decision gives the Bills the best chance to win with this scheme!

Hate the decision to keep the scheme..agree 100%

Hatet the decision to run said scheme with the best player,disagree 100%

4 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Kind of a tough draw for a first start. Cross country, Bosa and Ingram can get heat on you. Good DBs, LAC don't have to blitz to get pressure.

LOL - it's a 3-6 team (1-3 at home) with no fan support and quite possibly w/o their starting QB.

Best possible situation for NP except possibly home vs. Indy

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This had to happen.

The Bills are going nowhere with Taylor at QB and they need to beat the Chargers to make the playoffs. This move had to happen now, because next week probably would have been too late. 

+1

2 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Kind of a tough draw for a first start. Cross country, Bosa and Ingram can get heat on you. Good DBs, LAC don't have to blitz to get pressure.

He's a professional player, he'll be fine.  There are no soft lobs in starting at QB, man up and go for it.

After giving up 80 points in two weeks, I was just about ready to write-off this season. At least now the rest of the games are somewhat compelling, as we will get to see what Peterman can do. 

And hey, the AFC is so shi##y overall, that maybe an 8-8 team sneaks into the 6th seed, and we're that happy accident. Stranger things have happened (Seahawks got in with 7-9 that year). 

2 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

You realize Peterman is a whopping one inch taller than Tyrod.

I agree with your comments about a faster release and Tyrod's lack of anticipation/reluctance to throw to an "NFL open" receiver, but it isn't going to be better with Peterman because of the height difference.

Tyrod is listed at 6”1 but he’s not 6”1.

I’ve seen him standing next to Sammy Watkins in the past who is 6”2 and Tyrod was more than an inch taller.

i also know someone who met Taylor once and said they were eye to eye....he’s 5”11.

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Everybody is excited by something new until the point where they aren't because new is shittier than the same old crap. 

Losman was shiny and new stepping in for Bledsoe who was a statute in the backfield.  JP had wheels and a big arm! Then Trentative was a revelation after watching Losman's feast or famine offense fail to sustain drives.  Slow and steady Trent was great until defenses figured out he couldn't see more than 6 yards beyond scrimmage.  Then gunslinger Fitz was the brand new thing.  Fitzy was so refreshing after Trentative but his style of play turned the ball over way too much. Then EJ was the anointed one, leading comebacks and winning those 4 games until he was a total bum.  Then Tyrod arrived with no fanfare or expectations, won the starting job, and delivered some of the best QB play we've seen since Kelly retired until he too became tied for the worst QB to ever play football.

What makes anyone think new and different will be better? 

Th excuses for Peterman are already prepped and ready to go:

-it’s his first start

-hasn’t had time with the starters

-he’s a rookie

and so on and sononso on

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

So i hate to agree with you, but i agree with your point on Denison and the offense. That being said, if the determination was made they were sticking with the scheme, this is the correct move. 

I like Taylor way more than Peterman, hate Denison, but that being what it may, this decision gives the Bills the best chance to win with this scheme!

Hate the decision to keep the scheme..agree 100%

Hatet the decision to run said scheme with the best player,disagree 100%

This is a fair post. I don't think Taylor is fit for this offense, but the larger problem to me is Dennison, who doesn't strike me as a particularly bright offensive mind.