Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

No he's saying what he feels. Absolutely nothing wrong with that comment.

A player can always say what they feel, but they also have to deal with the consequences of choosing to speak out.  In essence, he's saying the coaching staff is making a mistake, and that his judgement on this decision is better than theirs.  How would you expect a coach to feel about that?

Also, it seems reasonably likely that the team will be no worse off with Peterman, and might possibly be better.  If that's what happens, Tyrod not only looks like a guy who couldn't get it done, but a guy with bad judgment as well.  Why expose yourself to the extra criticism?

Lots of people are in love with the idea of "always speaking your mind", but it's better judgement to pick your spots.

He'll be forgiven if Peterman is terrible, but there was no need to put his own credibility on the line.  Bad call by Tyrod.

28 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Mr. Brady wants a word with you

For the love of...

The Pats were a GOOD team with Bledsoe that year. Brady wasn't in the picture until Bledsoe's injury. Their offense actually regressed initially after Brady was forced into a starting role BY INJURY. He wasn't brought in to save a struggling team.

This retconning of Pat's history where Brady was the savior as a 6th round pick cracks me up. He got the opportunity to play OK on a good team and learned, got better, became arguably best ever. But no one expected him to even continue at Bledsoe's level. There was less pressure on him than Peterman. That's the problem with bringing in a rookie to "spark the team." Usually that implies the team ain't doing so great, so they're put into a difficult situation.

Edited by timekills17

Have to say that I was surprised by the move. The whole team has played like ass these past two games hopefully this will spark something. I like Taylor and I understand what he brings to the game and just how far you can go with him. Still kinda sucks when your team captain gets benched but that awful performance against the Saints didn't help him any. Granted again, the entire team played like crap. Best of luck to Nate! GO BILLS!

34 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Don't see it as an issue. Any QB should think they should start. 

That's not how most handle it.  Most say they are prepared to start and contribute to the team, but also say that it's a decision for the coaches to make.  Not many criticize the coaches decision as "wrong", and that's what he said.

2 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

For the love of...

The Pats were a GOOD team with Bledsoe that year. Brady wasn't in the picture until Bledsoe's injury. Their offense actually regressed initially after Brady was forced into a starting role BY INJURY. He wasn't brought in to save a struggling team.

This retconning of Pat's history where Brady was the savior as a 6th round pick cracks me up. He got the opportunity to play OK on a good team and learned, got better, became arguably best ever. But no one expected him to even continue at Bledsoe's level. There was less pressure on him than Peterman. That's the problem with bringing in a rookie to "spark the team." Usually that implies the team ain't doing so great, so they're put into a difficult situation.

Brady was a 6th rounder.

By the way, how many 1rst rounders have been busts in the last 10 years?  Dude.  Enough with the round a QB was chosen.

Cheers

The offense is 28th in time of possession, a recurring theme with Tyrod led offenses over multiple coaching staffs, receivers, lineman, etc.

The team ranks near the bottom of the league in passes thrown, TD throws, throws for first down and yards per pass play. Why not see what the kid can do?

Clearly sending a suspect front seven out on the field after multiple three and outs results in a disaster.

Just now, KW95 said:

Brady was a 6th rounder.

By the way, how many 1rst rounders have been busts in the last 10 years?  Dude.  Enough with the round a QB was chosen.

Cheers

Did you quote the wrong person? I just said I'm tired of hearing how 6th round Brady was a savior, so that implies other late round QBs can be, because usually they're put into a much worse starting position.

I.E. you appear to be agreeing with me by saying quit with the "but, but, Brady" comments.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Can you tell me what we won with that young talent?   Can you also explain to me what that young talent outside of Robert Woods who was a free agent and not a cast off is doing to light up the league?

Not alarming at all, actually pretty common sense based.

common sense is scott's kryptonite.  

13 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Yeah, they are a legit top 5 D. I guess I meant they're kind of like under the radar good. They don't really get the love that teams like Pitt, Jax, Sea do. Yeah, I'm worried about what Lynn can scheme up to carve up this run D as well. Really looking forward to see how they match up.

I agree and I think they have that under the radar feel because of their record. I'm hoping McD and Dennison and Co. don't see them as anything but the dominant D they are. We're lucky that we'll be playing in a 25,000 seat soccer stadium where half the fans will be Bills fans so it's not like the crowd is gonna help them. 

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Typically takes about 4 weeks for DC's to catch up to QB's with no film on them...gives us a nice little pocket of time to hopefully catch some teams with no film....

When a QB is good at seeing the football field and getting the ball out of his hands quickly and with accuracy DC's can have all of the time in the world to study film.

Smart QB can still beat them...

• Like (+1) 1

Knowing the news before watching the PC, I half-expected to hear an audible *gasp* from the reporter pool when the announcement was made

The following comment kind of surprised me

"First and foremost, it was a decision made by myself.  The coaches were not involved in the decision, this was a decision that I made.  Certainly I spoke with Brandon, like I do about every decision"

I find it kind of odd he did not involve coaches at all, but did consult Beane (especially if you subscribe to the belief the GMs primary role is to create the roster and it's the coach's job on how to use it)

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm not sure what that means. Did you mean, "OH MY GOD?!!!" or "OH MY GOD?!!!"

a good Oh My God!  a shocked OMG, I didn't think they'd do it. 

Talented as Taylor  is ...  he wasn't what we needed under center.   I'm being honest in my opinion 

Just now, Figster said:

When a QB is good at seeing the football field and getting the ball out of his hands quickly and with accuracy DC's can have all of the time in the world to study film.

Smart QB can still beat them...

They can but he is a rookie...rookies usually get caught up to eventually.