Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

For the love of...

The Pats were a GOOD team with Bledsoe that year. Brady wasn't in the picture until Bledsoe's injury. Their offense actually regressed initially after Brady was forced into a starting role BY INJURY. He wasn't brought in to save a struggling team.

This retconning of Pat's history where Brady was the savior as a 6th round pick cracks me up. He got the opportunity to play OK on a good team and learned, got better, became arguably best ever. But no one expected him to even continue at Bledsoe's level. There was less pressure on him than Peterman. That's the problem with bringing in a rookie to "spark the team." Usually that implies the team ain't doing so great, so they're put into a difficult situation.

NE was 8-8 in 1999, 5-11 in 2000 and 0-2 in 2001 then Mo Lewis happened and the rest is history. 

So, no the Pats were not a good team, record wise with Bledsoe that year or the prior years either.

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You've also been dismissive to the point of insulting to people who felt this day was inevitable and were right.

Don't hide behind 'Well I'm a Bills fan'. We all are.

Right on. Oh and he’s not the only one who did. They can take some of the same advice they gave out for the past few years, if you don’t like this team now all of a sudden, go follow another team. That’s the go to stupid ass reply you’d hear. 

Edited by Billznut

Just now, Figster said:

They never caught up with Tom Brady

Prescott either last year...I think Peterman can be a good QB...just how good how soon is the question...there are a LOT of scouts/personnel people that thought very highly of him

2 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

NE was 8-8 in 1999, 5-11 in 2000 and 0-2 in 2001 then Mo Lewis happened and the rest is history. 

So, no the Pats were not a good team, record wise with Bledsoe that year or the prior years either.

Thank you. Don’t you love it when people make fools of themselves spewing facts that they had NO clue about? 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Nothing.

But guess what? They are all winning now on other teams.?

Every single player the bills lost/jettisoned is going to the playoffs this year. 

Maybe not Gillislee..he was inactive last game, has done nothing and is danger of being cut I would think...

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nothing.

But guess what? They are all winning now on other teams.?

Every single player the bills lost/jettisoned is going to the playoffs this year. 

They are winning on other teams and what do those teams have that we dont?  

Rams- #1 overall pick from last year at QB

Eagles- #2 overall pick from last year at QB

Patriots- Tom Brady

Jaguars- Played Tom Savage and Jacoby Brissett four times this year as well as a last place schedule.  

3 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Brady's first three games with the Pats:

1 win, 2 losses.

In their win against the Colts, Brady was 13-of-23 for 168 yards and no TDs. But the Pats won 44-13.

Next game against Miami (loss) Brady went 12-of-24 for 86 yards.

The problem with the Pats was they relied on Bledsoe to win every game. He had just signed a 10 YEAR EXTENSION that year. With Brady they realized they had to play as a team, and they were actually a good team.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Bad is a relative term......I don't think MG has been bad either but neither is very successful running the ball.   

But to the highlighted......I'd say it's more like in a scheme "less friendly" to the talent.

Not trying to nitpick but I don't think Shanahan's offense will be someday remembered as worse than Greg Roman's.

It's about player fits and what they have been asked to do.  

McD basically unplugged Tyrod this season by virtue of hires and unfavorable personnel decisions........... and without what that Tyrod-effect meant to this offense it's exposed the OL and RB play to a great extent.

The scheme is fine; no doubt about that. But the person calling the scheme matters - the sequence of plays, the level of surprise, etc. etc. It's not as if Dennison has a Payton-esque record of success either. Even if you factor out that he's basically ridden the coattails of Shanahan and Kubiak (a mountain-zone Curtis Modkins, if you will), his record is pretty middling. 

27 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You've also been dismissive to the point of insulting to people who felt this day was inevitable and were right.

Don't hide behind 'Well I'm a Bills fan'. We all are.

And that sword has always swung both ways.

I've never pretended I'm guilt free. I know what I dish out.

I'm not hiding. I'm right here.

I'm sorry I ever offended you. I was wrong so adamantly defending Tyrod as a capable QB.

Is there anything else you would like me to say?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

7 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Thank you. Don’t you love it when people make fools of themselves spewing facts that they had NO clue about? 

Okay. Before you look in the mirror might want to review Brady's impact on that team. He became amazing, but his team carried him the first year.

I'm not knocking Brady. What I'm saying is he wasn't brought in as a "savior." That's what happens when you bench the starter rather than getting traded for to injury.

If you see my earlier reply, you'll see why I stand by my comments that the Pats weren't a bad team looking for a spark with Brady.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

And that sword has always swung both ways.

I've pretended I'm guilt free. I know what I dish out.

I'm not hiding. I'm right here.

I'm sorry I ever offended you. I was wrong so adamantly defending Tyrod as a capable QB.

Is there anything else you would like me to say?

No, I honestly don't sweat it. I know you don't mean any harm. My thing is just that people need to understand that what they've got is an opinion, which is just as likely to be right as the other guy's, and talk about their opinions with that in mind.