Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

It's as good a time as any to do it vs a suspect LAC team who's QB is in concussion protocol.  

Trying to jam a read option QB into a Wcoast offense is silly when you have a (granted unproven rookie) Wcoast style QB on your bench.  And you're struggling.  Really struggling.  

TT is not a read option QB and never has been. Check out his college game videos and the coaching staffs he's had in the NFL for seven years. Yes, he can run a great option once in a while because of his great athleticism, but he's not limited to that. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Because they totally changed it? Took away half his best guys and the things he did best?

His numbers are almost exactly the same as 2016.  Sammy played less than half the year at 100%.  All year we heard about how he was throwing to garbage men, now it was his "best guys?"

Or did you mean Greg Salas and co were his best guys?

His deep ball sucked in 2016 too.  Your timeline is off.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Th excuses for Peterman are already prepped and ready to go:

-it’s his first start

-hasn’t had time with the starters

-he’s a rookie

and so on and sononso on

Those are all true.  

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

Th excuses for Peterman are already prepped and ready to go:

-it’s his first start

-hasn’t had time with the starters

-he’s a rookie

and so on and sononso on

Which are all valid.

Those excuses, if necessary, will also be the arguments against McD's decision making.  Why start a rookie QB with few reps and no experience when you're 5-4 and still looking at a chance for post season play. 

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

His numbers are almost exactly the same as 2016.  Sammy played less than half the year at 100%.  All year we heard about how he was throwing to garbage men, now it was his "best guys?"

Or did you mean Greg Salas and co were his best guys?

His deep ball sucked in 2016 too.  Your timeline is off.

Those are all true.  

Why people continue to refuse factoring in what Taylor did for the run game in the Roman scheme (I mean, it's patently obvious) is beyond me.  Having said this, he's not built to succeed in this scheme.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Why people continue to refuse factoring in what Taylor did for the run game in the Roman scheme (I mean, it's patently obvious) is beyond me.  Having said this, he's not built to succeed in this scheme.

Taylor helped the run game.  The scheme was much more important than Taylor's contribution as a threat to run.  

Citation: The 2017 Buffalo Bills Football Season with Tyrod Taylor still at QB and Roman/Lynn no longer at OC.

So, this is how it plays out.

McDermott takes a page from the Saints punter and literally makes Colton Schmidt inactive for the Chargers game.

Peterman backs up McD’s trust and throws for 375 yards…each quarter…in a win.

Peterman also has a strip sack for a touchdown. After the game whomever started at QB for the Chargers says, “That’s the hardest I have ever been hit. And watching Peterman scoop up the ball after blasting me like that and run it into the endzone was amazing.”

Bills players carry Peterman off the field on their shoulders in victory.

Bills fan worldwide rejoice.

Bills players accidentally drop Peterman, who then suffers a career ending back injury.

Somehow, the Bills manage to finish the season at 4-12.

Despite 2 wins miraculously turning into losses, Bills fan find solace in the fact that at least it improved their draft position.

Improved draft position is used to pick yet another bust that is out of the league in 2 seasons.

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

?? - Taylor wasn't a draft pick for the Bills. He was FA signing with four years' time in the league in a good organization. This is a straw-man argument.

No - people judge NP based on his draft prospects.  TT's evaluation/prospects were never even that good before he got to Buffalo.

Taylor was expected to be a starter by absolutely no one until he fit on a team with a run heavy scheme and two lousy QB's to compete with for the job.

He was a backup before his competition became EJ Manuel and Matt Cassell - neither of whom were successful NFL starters for any length of time.

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Ah good, this will sort the run defense instantly. 

Come on guys, this may make us more entertaining to watch but it wont give us more of a chance to win games.

If we have a ton less 3 and outs, do you think that can help the D and help our chances to win?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

So, this is how it plays out.

McDermott takes a page from the Saints punter and literally makes Colton Schmidt inactive for the Chargers game.

Peterman backs up McD’s trust and throws for 375 yards…each quarter…in a win.

Peterman also has a strip sack for a touchdown. After the game whomever started at QB for the Chargers says, “That’s the hardest I have ever been hit. And watching Peterman scoop up the ball after blasting me like that and run it into the endzone was amazing.”

Bills players carry Peterman off the field on their shoulders in victory.

Bills fan worldwide rejoice.

Bills players accidentally drop Peterman, who then suffers a career ending back injury.

Somehow, the Bills manage to finish the season at 4-12.

Despite 2 wins miraculously turning into losses, Bills fan find solace in the fact that at least it improved their draft position.

Improved draft position is used to pick yet another bust that is out of the league in 2 seasons.

ROFL - I try to be positive-guy here but this made me bust up.  Somehow as a Bills fan, we believe this might really happen!!

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Which are all valid.

Those excuses, if necessary, will also be the arguments against McD's decision making.  Why start a rookie QB with few reps and no experience when you're 5-4 and still looking at a chance for post season play. 

They certianly are valid, I just expect to hear a lot of that. It’s funny but a guy like Watson, there were no excuses. And yea Watson’s talent level is much higher.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

If we have a ton less 3 and outs, do you think that can help the D and help our chances to win?

Certainly, but we're about to have a fair amount more turnovers and I don't buy the whole "Defense is tired" nonsense, the first two drives they ran all over us and they can't have been tired then.

2 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

The Legend of Peterman begins today, does it end next week ?

Hope not for his sake, this kid deserves a real chance and has the attitude for it - I don't think this is gives him a real chance unless the coaches know something about his development and 1st team reps that we don't, which wouldn't be crazy.

2 hours ago, Albwan said:

what a mess.

5-4...and we making waves. Sounds like us.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

So... either the locker room gave up on Tyrod.  Or Dennison is coaching for his job.

I really wondered this myself - did the OL and/or Defense give up on TT? It did seem like the open support for him from teammates diminished from the onset of the season til now.

2 hours ago, Lex Lyon said:

Deer Lord...

Starting a 5th round rookie QB.

That ought to fix everything

^I'm trying so hard and hoping to anything that this goes well. As much as I disagree with the decision and think it's way too soon, I hope I get proven wrong.

For what it's worth, everyone should be ready for seeing more INT thrown. And if line play doesn't change, then it'll be the same.

Edited by ctk232

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

McCoy has been fine. He is simply being hit a lot sooner in a much worse offensive scheme.

Bad is a relative term......I don't think MG has been bad either but neither is very successful running the ball.   

But to the highlighted......I'd say it's more like in a scheme "less friendly" to the talent.

Not trying to nitpick but I don't think Shanahan's offense will be someday remembered as worse than Greg Roman's.

It's about player fits and what they have been asked to do.  

McD basically unplugged Tyrod this season by virtue of hires and unfavorable personnel decisions........... and without what that Tyrod-effect meant to this offense it's exposed the OL and RB play to a great extent.