Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

Hope the Bill's running game and run defense gets back on track.

Peterman has 7 games to learn from rookie mistakes. Just don't get discouraged

Alf,

Watching the Bills and Sabres in November............I got to look UP to see discouraged!

I NEED a long shot to hit...............Hope NP is that guy today.

Not many "straws" left.

LOL

It's taken me a while to decide how I feel about this move, and I just can't get behind it. This team may have looked awful for two weeks but a win against the Chargers gets them back on track to sneak into the playoffs.

Why in the hell did OBD even sign Tyrod? Tyrod was never going to be a fit for Dennison's O, it was dumb to even attempt it. So instead of just tanking and getting higher draft picks the Bills sign Tyrod and end up with 5-7 wins and #9 pick.

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

It's taken me a while to decide how I feel about this move, and I just can't get behind it. This team may have looked awful for two weeks but a win against the Chargers gets them back on track to sneak into the playoffs.

Why in the hell did OBD even sign Tyrod? Tyrod was never going to be a fit for Dennison's O, it was dumb to even attempt it. So instead of just tanking and getting higher draft picks the Bills sign Tyrod and end up with 5-7 wins and #9 pick.

...because I think repairing Train Wreck's defense was the bigger priority with hopes that Taylor would be a serviceable game manager......nothing flashy, no Air Coryell/Dan Fouts but a guy whose mobility made be enough of an added dimension to keep the team in the game or keep things close enough while the defense played the bigger role...almost like "play not to lose" mentality of Dickie Jauron............

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Tough to know what was going through there minds.

They may of thought Peterman was their guy and didnt want to through he to the wolfs in week one.  He has had 10 weeks of regular season to grow.  And, the team is in position to make the playoffs.  

If TT even looked decent we would not see the change.  

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

The guys in charge have the goal of build a winning team, which is different from your apparent goal to sneak into the playoffs.

They signed TT because they had no better options for a one year caretaker while they found a real QB.  And despite the ridiculous overuse of the term, there is no such thing as "tanking" in the NFL.

i honestly believe the FO didnt expect to go 5-2 over the first 7 weeks.    imo they thought that this was a play hard, try to win,  trust the process year,  not a playoff run type season.   

the moves the FO have  made,  while all very logical for a long term rebuild,  dont really fit with "playoff push".

FO clearly doesnt believe in Tyrod,  for various reason,  and he hasnt exactly given them reason to with his play.    this QB change seemed inevitable, unless,  Tyrod played at an extremely high level,  which clearly he hasnt.    just time to see what the rookie has,  nothing more.  

the goal is to find a franchise QB and win the superbowl,  not sneak into a wildcard birth and hope the defense carries us to a win.

Edited by bigduke6

The defense is mediocre, plays very well with a lead and is opportunistic.  To use the defense to the best of its ability the offense needs to score points.  I like the addition of Benjamin.  Give him a chance down the field.  PI or big plays will follow.  The move to Peterman is an absolute gamble.  Imo Taylor would not beat NE KC and most likley not LAC with Lynn running the show.  Does 8-8 do it?  Probaly not.  Going to Peterman to me is a win now move.  There is absoluyley the risk that the moment is too big for Peterman but Taylor was leading the 2017 Buffalo BIlls to an at best 8-8 record Peterman could be more.  If he fails miserably they have the ammo to move up for Rosen.

3 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

.......You mean how he faltered against scrub defenses, in meaningless games?

Exactly. It was like having literally no offensive line at all. As good as Bosa and Ingram are at getting after the QB, and as suspect as Mils and Ducasse are in pass pro, Peterman will have better protection today. He can work the pocket it would appear, but he needs to actually have one needless to say.

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Cautiously optimistic 

...the fast start to 5-2 negated the reality of 2017 being a season of newness and transition 'Crispy......the last two weeks have been a crashing return to the real Mother Earth after riding the wave.......so now the real "gut check" begins and your "cautiously optimistic" is the PERFECT assessment....reality may or may NOT bite....stay tuned..............

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...the fast start to 5-2 negated the reality of 2017 being a season of newness and transition 'Crispy......the last two weeks have been a crashing return to the real Mother Earth after riding the wave.......so now the real "gut check" begins and your "cautiously optimistic" is the PERFECT assessment....reality may or may NOT bite....stay tuned..............

In addition, On a side note, I’m watching some highlights of other teams and can’t help but wonder how awesome Peterman could be with his skill set and a receiver like Cooper Kupp/Wes Walker or a Julian Edelman type receiver...that quickness in space with Peterman’s quick release could be deadly...I wonder if these things go through the minds of our front office...

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

In addition, On a side note, I’m watching some highlights of other teams and can’t help but wonder how awesome Peterman could be with his skill set and a receiver like Cooper Kupp/Wes Walker or a Julian Edelman type receiver...that quickness in space with Peterman’s quick release could be deadly...I wonder if these things go through the minds of our front office...

Before we cater the roster to peterman, let's see what he can do in real action first. :beer: 

If if he works out, I'm sure they have Harvin and Roscoe on speed dial. 

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

The day has finally come fellas.

While I'm still very concerned about today's game, strangely enough I have a very good gut feeling. Anybody else feel this way?

I don't think the Bills are going to win today but have a good feeling about them finally moving on from another sub-standard QB.

Just now, KD in CA said:

I don't think the Bills are going to win today but have a good feeling about them finally moving on from another sub-standard QB.

That's where I'm at with this as well, though I woke up today thinking the Bills win going away. 

But I might still be drunk from last night... 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's where I'm at with this as well, though I woke up today thinking the Bills win going away. 

But I might still be drunk from last night... 

...or maybe just inherently deranged?  :wacko:

• Haha (+1) 1

Now in billsy fashion we need to guess when the tt guys are going to start getting 

loud and demanding about putting him back in...will it be 5-5, 5-6 or 5-7

I can see it now "TYORD WOULD HAVE BEAT DOWN THE PATS THANKS SEAN"

Edited by Albwan

2 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Now in billsy fashion we need to guess when the tt guys are going to start getting 

loud and demanding about putting him back in...will it be 5-5, 5-6 or 5-7

I can see it now "TYORD WOULD HAVE BEAT DOWN THE PATS THANKS SEAN"

It'll start today. First incomplete pass, I'm sure. 

But who cares, really? I'm a fan of Taylor, respect how he approaches the game and how hard he plays. But I've been in the camp that he's "not the answer" for the past two seasons. He might be better than Peterman (we'll find out, not today though), or he might be worse. Either way, Taylor's not the guy to get Buffalo where they want to be. 

Nothing but love for him, but it's time to move on. The die hard supporters here will move on eventually. Besides the few who would rather be "right", most of them just want to see the Bills win imo. :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Long thread so not sure if this has been posted in this one or another thread yet, but I just seen this today...

Awesome that he was throwing to Kelvin Benjamin at the end of the video. Turns out they were familiar with each other from Petermans predraft process

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But who cares, really? I'm a fan of Taylor, respect how he approaches the game and how hard he plays. But I've been in the camp that he's "not the answer" for the past two seasons. He might be better than Peterman (we'll find out, not today though), or he might be worse. Either way, Taylor's not the guy to get Buffalo where they want to be. 

Nothing but love for him, but it's time to move on. The die hard supporters here will move on eventually. Besides the few who would rather be "right", most of them just want to see the Bills win imo. :beer:

This. He seems like a good guy, doesn't act like a little b---h if things aren't going his way (Watkins), doesn't mail it in (Dareus), or do any of the other things that make me root against players.  But he simply isn't a complete QB.  Yes, he can gimmick his way to a few wins against average opponents but to be effective he needs everything around him to be running on all cylinders.  And that's not good enough in the NFL if you want to be a playoff caliber team.  A QB has to be able to carry the load and he is not a carry the load kind of player.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The GDT will absolutely explode with comments from the Tyrod supporter's club if/when Peterman throws an INT...which I expect him to do.

He will throw the ball a lot and is not afraid to do so. He'll probably get picked at some point.  Not a big deal as long as his play, overall, is good enough to transcend the mistake.

25 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

This. He seems like a good guy, doesn't act like a little b---h if things aren't going his way (Watkins), doesn't mail it in (Dareus), or do any of the other things that make me root against players.  But he simply isn't a complete QB.  Yes, he can gimmick his way to a few wins against average opponents but to be effective he needs everything around him to be running on all cylinders.  And that's not good enough in the NFL if you want to be a playoff caliber team.  A QB has to be able to carry the load and he is not a carry the load kind of player.

Agreed.  In fact, he is just the opposite.  He needs to be carried by almost perfect play from all other facets of the team to have a good game.

This is the value of a great QB; if you can get that 1 guy to perform at a high level consistently, the team has a good day.

With Tyrod, you need about 20 guys to have a great day consistently to have a good day.

• SDS unpinned this topic

Guys, remember when I warned a thousand times Peterman was not ready to play?  All accounts in the offseason training and practices had people inside saying he was not doing well?  This is what you get. Please, listen when I speak about such things.  3 freaking people told me directly, 2 others said they kept hearing it from the staff. 

• SDS locked this topic