Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

28 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Maybe TPegs had a little influence on McProcesses decision. IDK, but you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

Here I have to disagree. They have a certain management style - they hire the people and don't micro-manage. they do performance checks though - thus the internal interviews they conducted. Pegulas are corporate management people, and if they participate in this decision making then it's considered micro-managing, also under-mining the authority of a manager they hired, and thirdly, it would indicate to them this manager they hired does not have the mental capacity to make decisions and thus is a bad hire and would replace him sooner than later. 

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Jacksonville is kicking themselves for the Dareus trade.

"But they'll be in cap hell! Sucks to be them!"

Your in full trust the process mode huh? ?

you just don't want to understand that there's logic behind that trade.  it may not work out for jacksonville is dareus goes back to old form and gets paid for putting in a third of the work. earlier  you mentioned that the bills should have kept dareus until the end of the year, where his value would have been higher.  why do you think his value would have been higher then?

3 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

I have no idea, probably not many; but there are plenty of 1st round flops too.  Peterman came in as "the most NFL ready QB".  Here's to hoping!

It’s the worst argument in all of football that “Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.” Someone has won powerball too but it isn’t a great retirement strategy to invest in powerball tickets. You have to play the percentages and the most likely place to find a franchise guy is early. That doesn’t mean there aren’t exceptions but the percentages are far better for a 1st rounder than a 5th.

55 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe not Gillislee..he was inactive last game, has done nothing and is danger of being cut I would think...

don't tell scott that.  in the beginning of the season he just wouldn't shut up about losing gillislee.   in fact, he was stating the bills were in full rebuild mode because they didn't re-sign him.  

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s the worst argument in all of football that “Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round.” Someone has won powerball too but it isn’t a great retirement strategy to invest in powerball tickets. You have to play the percentages and the most likely place to find a franchise guy is early. That doesn’t mean there aren’t exceptions but the percentages are far better for a 1st rounder than a 5th.

Dak Prescott worked out too in Dallas...

Not saying Peterman will follow suit but he has looked pretty good every time he has played.

Our passing game has been so anemic for so long, it won't take much for Peterman to look like he's lighting it up. Those quick throws allowing playmakers to actually do something will be so refreshing. #2 will surely have a few throws off the mark, working on timing, etc...but he will look like a real QB out there right away. Without question.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

3 hours ago, unclepete said:

Dumb decision. Give Tyrod until we’re eliminated. Allow us to draft our guy early. Not give us false hope with a mediocre back up. 

If he is a mediocre backup then wouldn't he be even more likely to lose than Tyrod?  I love this news. Now we can see what we have in Peterman, if anything, prior to the draft. Oh, and if by chance he DOES succeed?  Bonus!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with that and no better 1st round draft for QB's than 1983.  Prior to the Jets game I was happy with Tyrod as the QB.  The fact is other team found his kryptonite and NP has the tools to make faster, more accurate throws, supposedly.  Maybe the Bills finally hit Powerball?  I don't think he can do worse than what Tyrod did last week at home.

I have to give credit to McDermott for making this move. When I heard on Sunday and Monday that he was sticking with Taylor, I thought he was just another one of the past Bills coaches (during this 17 year drought) that was gutless and clueless. After having a couple of days to sleep on it, McDermott realized he needed to make a change and finally acted upon it. I don’t feel this is a panic move similar to Wrecks firing Greg Roman last year either. The team looked awful the past two weeks, the offensive system was not built to suit Taylor, so it was time to make a decision. With the Bills at 5-4 and still in the playoff mix, it was time to make a move that could keep the team alive in the playoff race, otherwise with the team looking the way it has been, they would have been lucky to win another game.

I’m not drinking the koolaid or “trusting the process,” I’m just glad a decision was made and that the Bills weren’t just going to stand put and keep trying to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Because his play was coming on. He's a difference maker in the middle of the defense. The team was 4-2 and playing good football, why make a trade like that in the middle of the season? 

It created a huge hole in the defense and put a damper on a potential exciting season.

his play was coming on?  i don't feel that was the case at all.  he's always going to take up space, but beside that, he was doing nothing impressive.  my point is you don't have a reason for making some of the claims you make.  if the bills held onto dareus until the end of the season, most teams knew he was going to be cut, and would have traded nothing.  the bills were able to save some money, and grab a pick.  it would have been nice to have dareus, but i think most realize that he isn't the piece that's putting this team into the playoffs.  does he help?  sure.  is he worth it?  eh.

I don't know about the knock on Peterman and his arm strength...there were 2 throws to Benjamin in the Saints game where he threw a bullet one about 30 yards and the other 20 yards on the money that had some real zip on it...in fact the 30 yard throw could be heard on TV when it hit Benjamin...QBs with noodle arms can't throw like that and you certainly don't hear the ball thud into the WR

Edited by matter2003

What it all comes down to, for me, is this: Peterman has a lot of talent and a lot of things going for him. His shortcomings, however, will likely get him killed. They do to most, if not the vast majority. It's not often but it surely happens, like, for example, everyone thought Russell Wilson's shortcoming would affect him and it just didnt. MOST of the time it does, however.

If Peterman's shortcomings don't affect him, meaning his weak arm and inability to handle the rush, he has the chance to be pretty good. That is why he was a fifth round pick. He hasn't done ANYTHING so far in preseason or last week to show that is not the case. But it's possible. I wouldn't bet on it but there is a chance. Here's hoping.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I love watching big Mike Tolbert run into a wall on 1st and 2nd down for no gain.??

i don't like tolbert either, but most of us weren't absurd enough to cry again and again and again about a back up rb leaving.  you did.  

42 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It was a surprise move based on the words of McDermott. Let's see if it pays off before you laugh too hard.

No matter what happens it's a win for the Bills.

Peterman plays well and gets the Bills offense moving better and increases their playoff chances - win.

Peterman plays about the same as TT, the Bills lose just enough to keep them out of the playoffs but the brass gets to evaluate their young QB and make an informed decision if they need to spend a 1st rounder on a QB next year - win

Peterman sucks, the Bills lose a lot, they improve draft position and are better able to draft a 1st round QB next year - win

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What it all comes down to, for me, is this: Peterman has a lot of talent and a lot of things going for him. His shortcomings, however, will likely get him killed. They do to most, if not the vast majority. It's not often but it surely happens, like, for example, everyone thought Russell Wilson's shortcoming would affect him and it just didnt. MOST of the time it does, however.

If Peterman's shortcomings don't affect him, meaning his weak arm and inability to handle the rush, he has the chance to be pretty good. That is why he was a fifth round pick. He hasn't done ANYTHING so far in preseason or last week to show that is not the case. But it's possible. I wouldn't bet on it but there is a chance. Here's hoping.

Watch at 45 seconds here and the play right after.  Does throwing a dart 30 yards downfield and having a audible "thud" when Benjamin catches it seem like a QB with a weak arm?  it doesn't to me.  At least I can't remember ever seeing a weak arm QB throw a ball like that. Certainly not "hearing" the thud of a ball from a weak arm QB 30 yards downfield...

Secondly, "power" doesn't come from your arm all the time.  You can generate far more power by torquing your hips properly and stepping into a throw the right way than you can your arm.  Watch Tom Brady and how he twists his hip to generate power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXibjvq9LyE&feature=player_embedded

Edited by matter2003

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

We will see what happens but TT was getting worse as the season went on. I even disagree that he had a good game against the Jets. Even after getting a lot of weapons around him, he couldn't do a competent job of keeping the offense competitive.  Lot of the comments on that Twitter link are focusing on the poor run D against the saints. But few commenting on how the O couldn't stay on the field, couldn't sustain drives. As bad as the D was, the O was maddeningly frustrating. Forget winning - at least look half way competent and competitive. TT bears much of the blame in not being able to play from the pocket. This is a chance that had to happen. Hope NP doesn't make the O worse. 

This also reminds me of the collapse in Oakland last year. I think it's evidence that defensive NFL players, in general, can lose their fighting spirit and competitiveness when they think the offense has no shot to score any points. Look at the Giants, same type of thing. I'm sure there are numerous other examples. I get the feeling that McDermott got some feedback that made him very comfortable to go ahead and flip the switch. 

I can't believe they did this, and I think it's awesome they did! Looking forward to see what Peterman can do at starting QB! I think the whole team is going to play extremely hard now.